Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all. Recently picked up a nice Whirlwind. Whenever you hit the right ramp (the Orange SE target), the ball will always drain down the middle. This happen about 90% of the time. Is it supposed to do this? I have checked the pitch angle and made sure the game is level, and it checks out.

#2 5 years ago

The right ramp feeds back to the flipper lane. The SE target flanking the ramp can result in SDTMs.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks- yeah, ramp is the wrong word, it’s the right lane that acts as the se target. I’m just making sure it is supposed to center drain pretty much every time you hit it...

#4 5 years ago

If the target is bent backwards I'd worry about it, if not, you might be able to tweak its angle slightly. However, some shots are designed in machines to make the ball drain, since you can't have a game on a location that you can just play endlessly.

It's just pretty much a risky shot in that case that you have to learn to deal with by hitting it at an oblique angle.

#5 5 years ago

The right 'orbit', if memory serves, loops around to the pop bumpers. If that first bumper is flaky and not kicking the ball over to the other bumpers for some good ball action, you might see drains coming out of the left orbit/bumpers.

#6 5 years ago

Do you have the center post installed between the flippers? Seems unlikely to have that many center drains with the post installed.

#7 5 years ago

Yes, it has the center post installed. And if the right orbit is hit with any speed, it will pass through the lower bumpers and drain. It may be just by design, and requires a different approach, but I was asking to see if the setup might be to blame. Like I said, it is a new game to me, so I’m sure there are people with more Whirlwind experience than me!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Azatar:

Yes, it has the center post installed. And if the right orbit is hit with any speed, it will pass through the lower bumpers and drain. It may be just by design, and requires a different approach, but I was asking to see if the setup might be to blame. Like I said, it is a new game to me, so I’m sure there are people with more Whirlwind experience than me!

It should always go into the pops and bounce around. If it’s not doing that, need to make sure your pops are working and they are nice and sensitive.

Watch this.

https://pinballvideos.com/v/1110

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-center-drain?hl=azatar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.