4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I have a WW that does not boot up right away when turned on. When I turn the power switch on I get GI and nothing else (no display or inserts flashing). It takes about one minute then it finishes the boot up. Its like it gets some heat to it then decides to finish the boot up process and game plays fine after that.
When I first turn the game on I get a solid led at the 5volt, Diagnostics led flashes slowly (not quickly like normal) and the blanking led is off. After the game fully boots which takes about a minute I get a solid led at the 5volt, Diagnostics led flashes quickly and the blanking led is solid (which is all normal).
I tested the test points on the power supply and get these readings.
TP1 - 5V
TP3 - 11.9V
TP4 - -14.6V
CPU board
TP2 - 5V
So the question is why is this not booting up properly when turned on? Would it be worthwhile to rebuild the power supply board? Could this bad RAM? Any ideas?
Thank you

Someone else may chime in, but I’d first rebuild the power supply board especially if it’s never been done

I’d also reflow all of the solder to the pins on the back of the mpu board where power comes in or anywhere else it looks like there may be a cold solder joint.

This is the first thing I’d do if any of my system 11’s started to give me issues like that. Then I’d investigate further into ram Etc after updating

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-boot-up-takes-time?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.