(Topic ID: 56336)

Whirlwind: Blower Light Mod Available. 1 Standard kit Left.

By cranie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cranie
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have one 3 LED kit left.

The price is 35.00 shipped in the US. Email me for Paypal info at cranie4@yahoo.com

#2 6 years ago

Email sent!

#3 6 years ago

Do you have a video of what it does?

#4 6 years ago

The link to a YouTube video is in the first post

#5 6 years ago

Really really cool. Didn't see the link.

#7 6 years ago

PayPal sent

#8 6 years ago

Better make more.That's a cool mod.Great imagination.

#9 6 years ago

I've sold 5 of the 3 LED version already so I got five 15 LED strips on order for an Extra bright version. Personally once I added the mod to mine it seemed like something that should have always been there (as any mod really should).

#10 6 years ago

Which version is in the video? Nice job!

#11 6 years ago

Shipping to Canada ?

#12 6 years ago

After some recent buys and LEDing of some of my machines, my pin fund is pretty low. Do you think these will still be available in a month or two?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

After some recent buys and LEDing of some of my machines, my pin fund is pretty low. Do you think these will still be available in a month or two?

If the demand is there I'll make more kits

#14 6 years ago

Put me down for 1 in the future as well. If I can't find the link later please put it out agiain in a month or so. Looks cool!

Thanks!

#15 6 years ago

People have asked about installation difficulty. This is for the Extra bright kit as the prior 3 LED kit had alligator clips:

Whirlwind Blower Mod

While this can be installed with the back box in the upright position it may be easier from the lowered position. If you lower remember to undo the wing nut holding the ground braid inside the back box first ( if yours is like mine and not long enough to stay connected with the back box lowered).
Remove the blower dome (good time to clean it inside and out and also wipe the fan blades)
Find a location for the power converter to the left of the fan motor assembly that will allow for the red wires to reach the fan motor tabs and keep the fan unobstructed and also allow for the dome to fit back on.
Secure the converter to the back box using 2 short wood screws OR 3M double stick tape.
Solder one red wire per side to the Fan motor tabs. Polarity doesn't matter as it's AC voltage.
Run the black wires with the led to just under and behind the fan blades so it's centered underneath.
Peel the adhesive strip on the bottom of the LED and place it firmly.
Test the kit using the "Coil Test". The LED's should light when the blower motor activates.
Replace the dome and put the back box in it's upright position (reconnect the ground braid if it was disconnected).

#16 6 years ago

Paypal sent

#17 6 years ago

I still have one of the 3 LED version left for 35.00 (available to ship now) and 2 of the 15 LED left ( will be shipping those next week).

#18 6 years ago

Is the 15 LED version the same size lights as the 3 LED?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Is the 15 LED version the same size lights as the 3 LED?

The individual lights are the same size but there's 15 of them so the strip is longer.

#20 6 years ago

I have one of each kit left. 3 LED is $35 and the 15 LED is $40

#21 6 years ago

I got one, it is pretty cool. $40 and an install so easy a chimpanzee and 3 trainees could do it.

#22 6 years ago

Excellent DW. Enjoy!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside