Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mulder2010
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

The machine turns on and tells me that 1 pinball is missing. The pop bumpers, and flashers are not working now either. When a ball goes into the cellar, it will eject, but the flasher light does not operate. Does this sound like a familiar problem?

#2 12 years ago

Sounds like time to pull fuses and check with a meter.

LTG

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

that 1 pinball is missing

Check and see how many balls are in the machine,See if a ball is stuck
somewhere on the playfield.

Quoted from mulder2010:

The pop bumpers, and flashers are not working now

Check for any blown fuses use a multimeter or replace them.

Quoted from mulder2010:

but the flasher light does not operate

The flasher is probably burnt and needs replacing.

#4 12 years ago

Re 1 pinball missing: IS a pinball missing? Are all the pinballs in the trough? Are the trough switches working? Check switch test, verify that there's a bad trough switch. Identify the bad trough switch, and then check other switches in the same row and column (to rule out a problem killing the whole row/column).

Re: Pop bumpers, flashers - check that they are receiving power (check the voltage between power wire going to them and ground). Check the fuses (yeah, I know, but check them again, using a DMM, not just visual inspection).

Re: cellar behavior - this tells us nothing new, if the flashers aren't working, the flashers aren't working.

#5 12 years ago

One thing I didn't mention is that the machine was working fine, and then out of the blue I received the "1 pinball missing" message. I checked around the playfield and noticed the bumpers were not working (lit, and sound fine, no pop). Also noticed the flashers were not going.

I'm wondering if they're all tied into the same fuse. In lieu of pulling and testing all of the fuses, perhaps somebody may know which fuse this may be?

All three pinballs are in the trough.

#6 12 years ago

Picked up a meter to test the fuses. Used the fuse diagram on page 40 of the operations manual. Under "item 2", location F8, I found a burned 7A s-b 250v fuse. This fixed the pop bumper issue, the trough, and flashers.

Tested another 7A under "item 1" location F4 in the manual (though the board itself labels that as F5) that appeared to be blown too, and changed that one. Then i turned on the machine and the scoreboard would not light up. The 7A s-b 250v fuse in location F5 of "item 1' is now blown as well.

Did I set off some chain reaction because I changed this older fuse?

#7 12 years ago

Changed the fuses for F4 and F5 under "item 1!". Everything is now fine.

Thanks for your help !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-ball-trough-pop-bumpers-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.