Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Any ideas--the ball lock kicker has just started to eject any ball that comes into the lock lane when it should be allowing them to lock until the start of multiball. What is causing this? Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Faulty switch somewhere. Check in the lock area and ball trough. Test with a ball, not your finger.

#3 6 years ago

OK, thanks--I will try again with a ball.

#4 6 years ago

Short maybe? I would check to make sure that positive and negative arent crossing on the lock switch. Have you noticed anything else strange about the game since the problem started?

#5 6 years ago

Had the same problem, ended up being a loose wire on the shooter. And yes, use a ball to test cause it will smash your finger. Found that out the painful way.

#6 6 years ago

Have you recently done a playfield swap? I've noticed that others have commented that they have had the same problem after a swap. One documented solution was that the three lock switches were re-installed in the wrong order. Rewiring them into their proper places fixed the issue for them.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all the tips, I'll check the switches (with a ball) and look at the shooter wires. Original playfield.

#8 6 years ago

Fixed it, somehow. Best I can figure one of the wire switch triggers was bent slightly out of shape and was not correctly opening and closing the first switch in the triple-switch ball lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-ball-lock-kicker-not-working-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.