Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Ok, going to be in the market soon for 1 or 2 more pins! YES! I would love your opinions on what to get.
Background - have HS2 The Getaway and Stargate currently. I only have room for 4 pins tops.
I can not go over $5000 right now and will be a while before more $ can be put towards pinball. I enjoy faster pace games, but have not played ACDC (yet). I really dig the band ACDC. If I get ACDC there will be a family pin void for a while, but I bet my wife will play ACDC. Getting two great pins for the price of one NIB gets the "good value" side of me excited. A family type pin would be a nice addition. 4 pins in my collection may be better than 3, with ACDC purchase, because this transaction will tap me for a while.

What I am looking for in this purchase.
1. A family pinball that is not to deep, not to shallow and just plain fun for my wife, 7 year old son, 5 year old daughter and myself.
2. A pin that newbies will be drawn to.
3. 4 will be it on pins, so I can have 2 more than done.

It is basically two older solid pins with one being family ( like Whirlwind, Jurassic Park, WC Soccer) and one for me ( like T2, Elvira and TPM, DM, BK2000) or an AC/DC Pro alone.

I thought of going all in on a Sherk or POTC instead of ACDC, but am concerned that me son says "meh" and does not dig it. Keep in mind he may say "meh" on JP or WCS also (kids are funny).

So, In the $5000 range, 2 pins, one being family or one NIB that I and newbie neighbors and friends could play? Something to go with SG and HS2? Good position to be in - the Pin Gods are looking out for me. Last wrench in the machine of thought before I end my ramble - Trade in my number 2 game Stargate?
Thanks for all your help in advance. We all know pinsiders are not shy on sharing opinions.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

JMO....AC/DC Pro is terrible. The Prem & LE are great.

I know premium is better, but it can't happen, so I have to work with what I got. That being said would you buy the 2 beauties or one beast .

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Could you go Premium if you sold the SG?

Uh, maybe, but then I would be down to two pins HS2 and ACDC Premium (both are awesome though) for a while.
Those 2 pins are both butt kickers and might turn off my wife and kids from playing. At least till I buy a Shreck a year or so later.
Stargate is a solid pin also. I just gave it a good waxing, changed all the rubbers and the flippers can pop the ball up the ramps nicely. Game flies great right now.
Good possibility though. Thanks!

#24 10 years ago

Did spfxted just change his identity?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-and-t2-or-nib-acdc-pro?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.