1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww-matrix (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boostedskex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys. I just purchased a Whirlwind and after getting it home, setting it up and playing a few games on it something just doesn't seem right. The things that I am noticing are some lights are always lit or kind of slightly on (light flickering) and I don't know Whirlwind very well but the gameplay seems off, like the rules are just not working the way they are supposed to be. I went through and checked switches and coils and everything seems like it is working. All of the mechanical things work as they should (flippers, spinning disks, sling shots, etc).

Video of what it looks like after pressing start. All 3 lights skill shot lights are flashing instead of chasing, lock is already lit and I dont think release, million and million plus are to be pulsing like they are.

Does this seem like a board issue?

#5 1 year ago

Hey guys. Great advice. I did reset the machine back to factory defaults and I went through all of the plugs in the backbox reseating them. It does have some older style leds in it so I will replace them with incandescent bulbs.

Chris - I will give the single lamp test a try tomorrow to see what I get.

Thanks for the help,
Alex

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Whirlwind has a "single lamp test".
Give that a try. Ensure that a single lamp is lit.

Well, I gave this a try and found that I have 2 lights lit during every function shown on the display. The light lit that is indicated on the display is lit and then one of the other 8 lights is also lit. As I cycle through the single lamp test, the 8 lights that are not to be lit are also cycling in a repeated pattern. Those 8 lights are: Super, Skill, Shot, release, million, million plus, lock, 2 tolls

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. My next question is what is next?

Alex

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Replace the bulbs that are always on with incandescent bulbs. Does the problem go away? Old style LEDs are known to cause this type of problem.

The 8 bulbs that are causing an issue were swapped with incandescent bulbs and the problem persists.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boostedskex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-?tu=boostedskex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.