IMG_2460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
loki-hulk-smash-c1aitiiamisa0y1q.gif
DSCF2409[1] (resized).jpg
04B39C1A-0A91-446E-86F9-E63539705B37 (resized).jpeg
ww 2.0 mess (resized).png
WWKit (resized).png
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

All i see is you trying to twist events to fit your preferred narrative and making leaps of logic and dodgy conclusions.

Explain to me why Cary, who was clearly non plussed with the first video he made, didn't release his next ones in the series (yet). That's not like him. Also, where is all the clamoring for it now that it is out? I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally outside of maybe having purchased one. I'm just saying it isn't adding up.

#152 12 months ago

I haven't purchased it, i am not taking it personally at all, you made that bit up too.

I have no idea why some blogger does what he does and neither do you.

I don't think it's a product that anyone would 'clammer' for, it's either of interest to you as a very cheap way to have a second game in the same space or it's not.

I also don't know what you get out of dissing it. All it seems to me to be doing is being mean and rude to the creators with no possible gain to you.
That makes it 100% destructive behaviour as well as incredibly rude.

Someone has invested thousands of dollars and hours and months of work and all you want to do is destroy it.

Put up your own improvements to our shared hobby and leave others to make what efforts they choose to. I hope pinside is more pleasant to you when you do.

loki-hulk-smash-c1aitiiamisa0y1q.gifloki-hulk-smash-c1aitiiamisa0y1q.gif

#153 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Explain to me why Cary, who was clearly non plussed with the first video he made, didn't release his next ones in the series (yet). That's not like him. Also, where is all the clamoring for it now that it is out? I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally outside of maybe having purchased one. I'm just saying it isn't adding up.

This is totally on me. I'm way behind on creating content. I have products ready to install and info to get out to the public. Just to clear the air - nothing wrong with the kit I received and my review will be positive.

#154 12 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This is totally on me. I'm way behind on creating content. I have products ready to install and info to get out to the public. Just to clear the air - nothing wrong with the kit I received and my review will be positive.

Mic drop

#155 12 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Well Cary, thank you for that clarification. I'll shall now go eff myself.

#156 11 months ago

I was thinking about picking it up. It looks fun.
It just seemed to drop off the face of the Earth.

#157 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Any feedback on this game from the owners?

Things are quiet on this kit for some reason. I posted some feedback and the OP (who says they were looking for feedback) hasn't yet replied.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirwind-20-total-chaos-the-owner-s-club

#158 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Things are quiet on this kit for some reason. I posted some feedback and the OP (who says they were looking for feedback) hasn't yet replied.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirwind-20-total-chaos-the-owner-s-club

this is very odd and i have to appologize... the thread you link above was drained after creation because of false title in the link. So i was not watching that and did not see any replies! Sorry!

I dont know why there are posts in this thread after deletion, because i cannot even find it via forum search. the correct link would be

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-20-total-chaos-the-owner-s-club

and this again is odd, because no one posted there?? i am puzzled

#159 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

posts in this thread after deletion

I don't think you can actually delete_ threads. This one isn't for sure.

#160 11 months ago

Draining a thread doesn't delete it, draining is an ignore/block function. You accidentally ignored your own thread No wonder it was quiet

3 weeks later
#161 11 months ago

I got my invoice from Cointaker over the weekend so I should be getting mine in soon

#162 11 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I got my invoice from Cointaker over the weekend so I should be getting mine in soon

Me and another guy I know got ours also.

#163 11 months ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Me and another guy I know got ours also.

Annnnd??

#164 11 months ago

Sorry. We got our bill. Should have it Wednesday

#165 11 months ago

Don't usually fail comprehension. apologies.

#166 11 months ago

IMG_2458 (resized).jpegIMG_2458 (resized).jpegI followed the instruction video that Cary Hardy made and cross referenced it as best as I could with the instruction manual but something is wrong. After the early boot up sequence the display says “Waiting For USB Do Not Turn Off Machine”
IMG_2459 (resized).jpegIMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
I also was left with 2 items that I didn’t see referenced anywhere. The Samsung USB drive was shipped in the USB port on the pinsound board where the FAST board needs to be connected, so I had to pull it out. The other item seems to be an LED board that I don’t know if it’s used or not.
IMG_2460 (resized).jpegIMG_2460 (resized).jpeg
Anyone have a guess?

#167 11 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

[quoted image]I followed the instruction video that Cary Hardy made and cross referenced it as best as I could with the instruction manual but something is wrong. After the early boot up sequence the display says “Waiting For USB Do Not Turn Off Machine”
[quoted image]
I also was left with 2 items that I didn’t see referenced anywhere. The Samsung USB drive was shipped in the USB port on the pinsound board where the FAST board needs to be connected, so I had to pull it out. The other item seems to be an LED board that I don’t know if it’s used or not.
[quoted image]
Anyone have a guess?

I have the Funhouse 2.0 kit, and that USB drive is necessary to run the .code. I'm assuming it's the same with Whirlwind Chaos too. Double check to make sure there's not a second USB port you could have plugged into instead of removing the drive. The cable is for remote control (adjusting the screen - but factory presets should be perfect as is, so leave it in the bag.) hope that helps...

#168 11 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:[quoted image]I followed the instruction video that Cary Hardy made and cross referenced it as best as I could with the instruction manual but something is wrong. After the early boot up sequence the display says “Waiting For USB Do Not Turn Off Machine”
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Anyone have a guess?

Insert that USB drive into the USB port in the top (left in the picture) of your Pinsound in front of the USB cable/port and it should fire right up.

#169 11 months ago

I actually figured it out when I went to download the latest code and saw the process. I just didn't realize there were 2 USB ports piggybacked on the pinsound card. I should have looked at it better before screwing it into the backbox.

I was able to get the game to boot, but 1.0 had no sound. I'm working on the code update method now, hoping all will be well.

My next quandary is how to get the pay amount correct. I like to keep my games on 1 quarter, 1 credit. It makes replay and match more interesting to me. The pricing structure on this makes no sense to me as is. Is there a chart somewhere to explain it? I think I have 119 9/10 credits in the game now.

ALSO, I put in a ticket with Pedretti and I got a very fast response! Very pleased with CS so far!

#170 11 months ago

I was able to put a few games on both the 2.0 and emulated 1.0 game. I'm looking forward to putting some more time into Total Chaos as it does put additional emphasis on things like the drops and pops that the original classic didn't. It made me discover that the switch on one of my yellow pops needed to be tightened up because I couldn't complete the Nuke mode without collecting all the pops. So far, the fan has only turned on for the traditional lock lane multiball. A little disappointing since the fan is a phenomenal way to cool off in these dog days of summer.

I'm hoping that the emulation of the original game keeps getting attention as well, because it is not perfect. I feel that it PLAYS just fine, but the audio mix is a little off. Some big moments aren't loud enough and some callouts are too loud. The music doesn't go silent when the alarm goes off before the red cellar launch. The post-game music cuts out very quickly and there isn't a dancing light show to go along with it. And this version doesn't handle LED bulbs very well. It took me a while to realize that the yellow cellar wasn't lit because the bulb stays about 60% lit as a baseline and then intensifies to 100% when actually lit. I'm going to have to get some of those "premium non-ghosting LEDs" and see if that solves the problem.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about the whole package but even if I really like Total Chaos I'll always be disappointed if the classic Whirlwind feels like a knockoff version. I'm keeping my original boards regardless just in case.

#171 11 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I actually figured it out when I went to download the latest code and saw the process. I just didn't realize there were 2 USB ports piggybacked on the pinsound card. I should have looked at it better before screwing it into the backbox.
I was able to get the game to boot, but 1.0 had no sound. I'm working on the code update method now, hoping all will be well.
My next quandary is how to get the pay amount correct. I like to keep my games on 1 quarter, 1 credit. It makes replay and match more interesting to me. The pricing structure on this makes no sense to me as is. Is there a chart somewhere to explain it? I think I have 119 9/10 credits in the game now.
ALSO, I put in a ticket with Pedretti and I got a very fast response! Very pleased with CS so far!

I hope this helps, let me know what you need
SmartSelect_20230816-233458_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-233458_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20230816-233817_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-233817_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20230816-233852_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-233852_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20230816-233925_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-233925_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20230816-234113_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-234113_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20230816-234140_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230816-234140_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
20230816_234916 (resized).jpg20230816_234916 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230816-234808_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230816-234808_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg

#172 10 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I hope this helps, let me know what you need

On my game the coin values are in increments of 5 only. I’ve just left the game of free play for now.

It has played well for the most part with around 30 games played. There was one game game where I thought I tilted as the flippers lost power but the screen indicated nothing out of the ordinary. The ball drained and then nothing happened. The start button couldn’t bring me back to the game selection. GI stayed on and general gameplay video continued to play on screen. Powered off and back on and all was well again. No recurrence of this.

1 week later
#173 10 months ago

I had another freeze last night. 2 player game, first ball of player 2 was shot into the yellow cellar and I selected the mode. At the moment the ball was supposed to launch out of the red cellar, the screen went back to the mode selection and then nothing happened and the buttons did not do anything including being unable to hold start to reset the game. Power down was my only option.

How have the other 2.0 users been faring so far?

1 week later
#174 10 months ago

Sorry for the delay, everyone. It's up!

#175 10 months ago

Fuck em!

#176 10 months ago

I had another odd thing happen a few nights ago. The first mode I started (ball 1) was Scary Boys and when I completed it my score was over 13 million! I also thought I heard the knocker sort of half-fire during that multiball. Is there anything in this mode a player could hit that would do either of these things?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
High Point, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.