• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8346.jpg
IMG_8347 (resized).jpg
#1 10 months ago

Installed today, and with all new software there are bound to be glitches. Posting to see if others have had similar? Pedretti hopefully will see this thread.

2.0 version: Right eject (under ramp) is not strong enough to eject the ball, but works fine in test and in original version (with kit) and never was an issue with original boards.

For some reason, every time I reboot the machine from off, the cabinet speaker stops working until I unplug and replug the inline connector, then it is fine after.

Some of the alpha/numeric digits flicker in original game (in kit). Is this for effect?

When starting original game, there is a MUSIC ERROR in the tech report.

I had a situation where the cellar did not eject the ball and I had to actually switch off the machine and start over, could not go to diagnostics.

The voice callouts are lower than all other sounds so many times it is hard to hear the "narrator" voice. This same situation is obvious in Rudy's Nightmare (Funhouse 2.0 kit) while playing the original game- Rudy is too quiet so he is hard to hear sometimes over the music and EFX. this has been reported in the FH2 thread but never improved... I hope that both of these sound mix issues will be rectified.

After the game ends, there is no music, but dead silence. This is the same as in Funhouse 2.0 and I realize this might just be something that bugs me but no one else, but all games since the late 80s have "outro or game over music".

BTW, the game over music in the original game (with kit) is cut short "mid tune" but was not originaly like that.

FLASH! the volume on the 2.0 version is controlled in ADJ (adjustments in diags) with the flippers and for the original game with the coin box volume knob.

Hope this is seen by Pedretti so any of this that can be fixed, is, soon.
thanks,
Brad Vacaville, CA

IMG_8346.jpgIMG_8346.jpgIMG_8347 (resized).jpgIMG_8347 (resized).jpg
#2 10 months ago

Might help to post in the thread already started.

#3 10 months ago

I agree it may help, and appreciate the suggestion. I think we could use a thread that discusses the technical software issues, not the "I don't like this or that"... that gets tedious, very long in posts and does not help the software guys nor the owners trying to adjust a new install. I am still trying to get through the Funhouse 2.0 thread for the nuggets that are useful from the standpoint of tweaking the software and the game.

#4 10 months ago

Yes, I think the threads could have a better breakdown at the top for tips and software updates. That would be a moderator change to the website so you may be correct in a new thread just might lose some input.

#5 10 months ago

I fixed the right eject (under the ramp) by removing the mech, replacing the sleeve and cleaning all the parts. Now I can play the game. The narrator’s voice is too low in the mix, at times you cannot make out what her is saying. Same issue as in the Rudy’s Nightmare emulation of the original game Funhouse… Rudy’s voice is too low in the mix. Ali wonder if this will ever be fixed since the thread for Funhouse is a year old and it was brought up in the beginning… yet Pedretti did not fix it… yet…..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-20-chaos-pedretti-kit-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.