Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Twilight1
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 127 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8CF1F17E-FDE3-4000-90A4-2374F1E6B6E4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Inserts_sanded_and_glued_(resized).jpg
IMG_2006_(resized).JPG
IMG_2003_(resized).JPG
New_decals_left_cab_(resized).jpg
New_decal_rh_full_(resized).jpg
Left_Side_(resized).JPG
mylar_(resized).jpg
Head_Left_(resized).JPG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Me and my best friend pick up a WW it was in bad shape. We bought it because we did not want to see a great pin get striped down and sold or used for parts. As that was what he was to do next. So we drove 7 hr there gave him 1000$ way more then we should have paid I thought. But my best friend looked at it looked at me and said (we can do this). So we throw the pin in the van and drove 7 hrs home the same day. Here is some pics of the day we got it home

image-437.jpg image-625.jpg image-886.jpg image-84.jpg
#2 5 years ago

Yeah $1000 seems a bit much for that, to me at least. How does the playfield look?

#3 5 years ago

No glass, no translite, missing interconnector board, missing ramp diverter, all plastics smashed. But All and all not bad well that what we where saying. But thinking what the $&@# were we thinking. Here are some pics of the Playfield.

image-309.jpg image-843.jpg image-211.jpg image-772.jpg image-390.jpg image-997.jpg image-359.jpg
#4 5 years ago

We are 7 months in now on the project. I will be adding this when I have time.

#5 5 years ago

So we need a place to do it properly so we clean out half of my buds wood working shop. That took 2 weeks. Also I should have told you all. All the wiring from the head to the body were cut. And all head connectors were stolen. This is going to be fun. Also should have told you we are 3 years new to collecting pins all of this is done with pinsiders and utube vides. We are construction workers that have no experience in electronics. But love pinball.

So we pulled out the field easy with the wires cut and made a stand for the Playfield.

image-363.jpg image-193.jpg image-726.jpg image-866.jpg
#6 5 years ago

So we striped the cabinet and did a little sand just to see under that black paint.

image-71.jpg image-637.jpg
#7 5 years ago

We also cut out the front corner. Was going to save that pic for a bit but put the wrong one in.

#8 5 years ago

They we striped the field down.

image-143.jpg image-993.jpg image-130.jpg image-417.jpg image-332.jpg image-202.jpg
#9 5 years ago

There are a lot of problems on the Playfield. So we left it to do more research on what to do next.

#10 5 years ago

So we moved on to the wood work. Since my bud loves to work on wood and can like no one else. So we cut out the bad doweled glued notches in the new. Then We would mud it sand paint find more do it again. And again. And again. So it took us 5 months to get this far. And it look great. My personal opinion.

image-97.jpg image-374.jpg image-232.jpg image-696.jpg image-327.jpg image-249.jpg image-449.jpg image-256.jpg image-69.jpg image-87.jpg image-150.jpg
#11 5 years ago

Then we bought a decal kit from mr pinball off eBay. And this is a quick update that is up to date. I will keep on keeping on because as they say that's pinball baby.

image-701.jpg image-645.jpg
#12 5 years ago

Good job so far. Hell of a fix on the corner. Probably stronger now than it was from the factory. Keep up the good work. Bringing another game back from the dead to be enjoyed!

#13 5 years ago

Awesome work so far! Is it possible to buy a new wire harness since yours was cut. Figure it impossible to get the wires spliced and new connectors run to all the right places in the backbox? Sounds daunting anyways.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Good job so far. Hell of a fix on the corner. Probably stronger now than it was from the factory. Keep up the good work. Bringing another game back from the dead to be enjoyed!

Quoted from Rickwh:

Awesome work so far! Is it possible to buy a new wire harness since yours was cut. Figure it impossible to get the wires spliced and new connectors run to all the right places in the backbox? Sounds daunting anyways.

Thanks guys. And ya that Conner is built to last now. And as for the harness we bought a populated playfield with harness and all missing parts excepted for diverter on ramp. Also the plan is We are going to custom paint and clear both playfields and sell one to make up for some of the cost as we had to pay 1300$ for it.

#15 5 years ago

What paint/color mix ratio did you use for the blue on the cabinet when you painted it?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

What paint/color mix ratio did you use for the blue on the cabinet when you painted it?

+1

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Yes do tell.

#18 5 years ago

We did not do any special. Went to the hard ware store grab the closest spray paint we could find. We were going to get a automobile paint made and use my spray gun. But we wanted to use cheap paint to do all the touch ups. Because after you paint it you see way more you need to mud. But as we did this it looked so close and so good we just used it. Haha I will find the colour we used. It's not a perfect match so do not use it if you are a perfectionist.

#19 5 years ago

Here is the paint we used we pick it right off the self lol. Also I never claimed to be a professional. And I think this was easy any one with the time space patience can do it. Now that that is done the hard part for us begins.

image-451.jpg
#20 5 years ago

Since I was at the shop we decided to install the mounting bracket for the boards, and throw the head on top of the cabinet, with the ugly legs that need some work. Then we noticed that the inside of the cabinet needed a little more mud and a sanding. So by the looks of it we need one more can of paint.

image-488.jpg image-791.jpg
#21 5 years ago

So last night we cleaned all the brackets nuts and bolts For the head. And started reinstalling the boards and ground wire. We used SOS pads for all the steel and stainless steal. Turned out great. The bolts had a black paint on them so we gave them a light sanding. They look a little scratched but way better and at least silver. We need to do some work to the topper. And we need glass for the translite. But it's a start. Found the translite on eBay for 80$ shipped.

image.jpg image-629.jpg image-116.jpg image-38.jpg
1 week later
#22 5 years ago

Got back to work on the WW we took off the maylar with freeze spray vary easy. Then we tried taking off the glue with magic eraser, cp-100 with no progress. Then we found on pinsiders that a flour and alcohol paste works well and wow way easyier.

image-91.jpg image-372.jpg
#23 5 years ago

wow serious work involved on this one great job thus far !

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

wow serious work involved on this one great job thus far !

Thanks and ya we are looking for a air brush kit so lots more left to go.

1 week later
#25 5 years ago

How did the playfield hold up with the Mylar removal? Any paint come up with it?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How did the playfield hold up with the Mylar removal? Any paint come up with it?

We were told it would take paint. But we are going to costom paint it so we didn't care. And we had two pf so we tried. And none of the paint went. The main Mylar was on really good to. Just went slow with a razer to get it started. Use 4 canes of freeze spray 3 on the main and one on the rest. The Pop bumper Mylar came off easy it had a 1 inch flap. Froze the top then under as we pulled came right off.
Sorry we were really busy no time to take pics of that. I would use a mask next time my buddy and I couldnt get that taste off ower lips after a few sprays. We got masks after the pop bumpers.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

We were told it would take paint. But we are going to costom paint it so we didn't care. And we had two pf so we tried. And none of the paint went. The main Mylar was on really good to. Just went slow with a razer to get it started. Use 4 canes of freeze spray 3 on the main and one on the rest. The Pop bumper Mylar came off easy it had a 1 inch flap. Froze the top then under as we pulled came right off.
Sorry we were really busy no time to take pics of that. I would use a mask next time my buddy and I couldnt get that taste off ower lips after a few sprays. We got masks after the pop bumpers.

That is awesome ..... Do you have any pics of how the PF looks now that is is all cleaned and shined up?

#28 5 years ago

This is it now doesn't look very shiny. Got to get the flour out of the holes yet and give another good cleaning. But no Mylar left time to clear then paint.

image-774.jpg
#29 5 years ago

Cool team project. Enjoying the progress and great work.

2 months later
#30 5 years ago

Well it's been a long time since we worked on the project. That is what you get I guess when you only own half the pin. also since the wood work was done we moved every thing into his house. Then we got cleaning the wiring harness it's looking good but going to take a long time.

image.jpg image-433.jpg image-58.jpg image-381.jpg
#31 5 years ago

Progress is progress whether it's slow or not. It will be so worth the efforts of you both when done.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Progress is progress whether it's slow or not. It will be so worth the efforts of you both when done.

So true every hr we put in we see the befits. All the hrs are sure paying off now.

#33 5 years ago

Well stayed up until 3 on Sunday. Got 12 hrs in and finished the cleaning of the harness. We had to relabel everything and put all new zip ties on well worth it.

image-75.jpg image-504.jpg image-487.jpg image-19.jpg
#34 5 years ago

NICE WORK!! I like Cleaning stuff.... and I like drinking.... if you need any help with either let me know

#35 5 years ago

ohhh and if you have any pins around that are neglected and not being played; I could play them for you I guess.... I know I know.... I am too kind.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

ohhh and if you have any pins around that are neglected and not being played; I could play them for you I guess.... I know I know.... I am too kind.

Lol you are to kind. As for cleaning stuff kev don't let your wife find out or you be very busy.

#37 5 years ago

Yesterday me and my best bud both played hooky from work, and started hanging the harness. We got about 1/4 of the way done. we are resoldering everything then trying to put back were we found it. The pics we took help lots.

image-183.jpg image-703.jpg image-576.jpg
#38 5 years ago

so did you use the manual, and playfield layout to number all the parts or did you just number them in order you took them off?

#39 5 years ago

Numbered them as we took them off and numbered all the spots on the bottom side off the other Playfield. Thought this would be quicker hope it pays off. So far so good.

#40 5 years ago

Huh.... Good idea....

#41 5 years ago

Well insted of working on the pin. We moved my WH20 over to my buddy place so it was not work all the time. Looks like we won't beable to play it anyway.

#42 5 years ago

Excellent thread , glad I stumbled across it , such a fun pin , I miss mine .

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Excellent thread , glad I stumbled across it , such a fun pin , I miss mine .

Thanks. And I agree great pin.

#44 5 years ago

As you can see we are puting everything back together without any clear or paint. We are going to buy a new repo Playfield one day and do it again. But as for now going to just get her up and running.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

we cut out the bad doweled glued notches in the new. Then We would mud it sand paint find more do it again. And again. And again. So it took us 5 months to get this far.

Oh my god! That's quite impressive. That cab looked hosed. Nice work.

Quoted from Twilight1:

made a stand for the Playfield

Lovin' this makeshift work-bench. Looks like it's doing just what you need it to!

Quoted from Twilight1:

We need to do some work to the topper.

From one WW owner to another, here's a documentation of my topper restore:

http://www.elephanteater.com/8088

Maybe something there will be useful to you. Good luck.

Quoted from Twilight1:

We moved my WH20 over to my buddy place

Ha-ha! I like that wall lamp shoved out of the way to make room for WH2O.

Quoted from Twilight1:

As you can see we are puting everything back together without any clear or paint. We are going to buy a new repo Playfield one day and do it again.

Jeez, you are far more patient than I am. (I haven't even been able to do a complete teardown once, let alone twice. Ha-ha!)

Quoted from Twilight1:

Also the plan is We are going to custom paint...

I'm very curious what this "custom paint job" will look like. Can you elaborate on what you have in mind? (Genuinely interested, not judging.)

Best of luck on this ambitious project, guys!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#46 5 years ago

Hey Ryan thank for the tread on your topper restoration will come in handy. As for paint for the pf no idea but we want to at least try to paint and clear one see how it turns out. Tim

3 weeks later
#47 5 years ago

Well got the bottom of the Playfield back together tonight. We worked on her all weekend to finish. Well worth a weekend. Now to finish the top side that shouldn't take long I hope.

image.jpg image-579.jpg
5 months later
#48 4 years ago

Wow finally got a few hrs of work back on the project. Hopefully we will have more time to work on her this winter. Almost got the top side done still need a few parts and decals to complete her. sure is coming together hopefully progress continues.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

5 months later
#49 4 years ago

Finally got back to work on WW it's been a long time. As for my friend he has lost the pinball fever. He ever even help he sat a watch for 3 hrs didn't do a dam thing. But I made some progress.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#50 4 years ago

Awesome , looking forward to more progress !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside