11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Has anybody noticed the cash payouts for this weekends tournaments???

The 1st place prize of $750 for winning "A" division seems kinda small!!!

It sounds like not all monies are being paid to tourney players!!

For a show of this caliber (and size) does this sound fair?

Tournament Players,what do you think???

Chime Away!!!

#2 11 years ago

Depends on how it is done. That's bigger than what we pay out at the MGC, but we also pay out to a ridiculous 30 spots or something like that.

Also, you have to count the fact that it takes show floor space to run, people to run, machines to run, and so on. This all costs either money or opportunity for the show - if I have 6 people officiating pinball tournaments, I might have to pay someone to check wristbands instead or whatever.

We try to base the prizes year to year at the MGC on what the tournament made the prior year, not including those costs. If you don't like the prize payouts, I'd suggest volunteering to help run the tournament, or offering to run it yourself! I'd welcome the opportunity to take that off my plate at the show and free up the tons of people for it...

$750 sounds like a darn good prize to me!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whimpy-cash-tourney-prizes-texaspinballfest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.