8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Brandie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4_(resized).jpg
    5_(resized).jpg
    6_(resized).JPG
    3_(resized).JPG
    2_(resized).jpg
    1_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I've searched to the end of the internet and I can't find any info on this game. The only thing close to a manufacturer stamp is "J.G-7" marked in the wood on the inside of the door that opens to the coin box. The machine operates off British pennies. There is a Machine/Model and Prov. Pat. No.- 300/1307 36055/32, but no luck searching these either. Does anyone recognize this game? Any clue on who the manufacturer might be and the date of production? Any help is much appreciated!

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).JPG3_(resized).JPG

6_(resized).JPG6_(resized).JPG

5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

To venture a good guess.
    The 'Provisional Patent Number' may be hard to search for but the '/32'. Could be for 1932.
    J.G 7 could also be a company initial. Or the operators initials with a unit number.
    (Bump)

#3 8 years ago

Well, I don't know anything about the game type/era beyond what you've probably already found out, but if you'd like to go the patent search route, I can tell you that the number likely corresponds to a patent application beginning with GB19320036055, based on what I've seen of items with similar labeling and the "current" form application numbers that they correspond to. GB being country code for Great Britain and 1932 being the year of filing.

Unfortunately, neither Google Patent search or Espacenet turns up a direct match for that application number. That could either mean that it was an application that never issued as a patent, the old application hasn't been loaded online, or some other issue with the updated application number or search system.

Depending on how much time you want to dedicate, you could go here:

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/advancedSearch

and search for application numbers beginning with "GB1932" and a publication date range of "1932:1934" (most applications of this era were published within 2 years of filing). That nets a TON of results, but you can try limiting it to patents in English and play around with key words in the title to narrow things down somewhat. Things like: game, machine, amusement, etc.

Hope that helps.

#4 8 years ago

I couldnt find a match in 1931 or 1932 in ipdb

working thru 33 but it seems earlier than that

--Jeff

#5 8 years ago

Thank you all so much for your help!!! nman, I have spent hours on the site you provided. I haven't had any luck finding my game, but the site it really interesting to poke around on!! There were a lot of claims to improve Bagatelle's in the early 30's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whiffle-or-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.