Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by EmptyLogic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm considering getting one, which looks nicer to you?
    Ti, Al

#2 11 years ago

MAGNETO FTW!!!

There can be no doubt here.

#3 11 years ago

It's all a personal preference. Wolverine owners will say theirs look the best, Magneto owners will say the same for theirs, and so will the Pro owners. There are plenty of pics of each model so just pick the one that you like best. Wolverine's are pretty dried up at distributors however there are few people selling theirs on here if you want to snag one. Magneto's are still available at distributors so you might be able to pick one up for less. Pro's will be made for a while so no rush there.

#4 11 years ago

i want to see what a Pro looks like all LEDed out... the pro is priced right .. but you are missing out on those dope features that the LE has.. light show, ice man ramp, spinner, night crawler trolls..

#5 11 years ago

If you are buying, which one looks best to you? That is the one you should get.

#6 11 years ago

You asked which one looks nicer so I'll try to keep focused on that.

The cabinet artwork in the pro is my favorite. But you don't notice that so much when playing the game or when the game is sandwiched between other machines. The powder coating on the LEs is beautiful. So is the back glass. The translite on the pro looks more interesting. But the quality of the real backglass is better.

Of the three I think magneto looks best. And the FF backbox kit added makes the lightening / electricity in the backglass come alive in a manner you won't get from a similar kit in the others.

Finally, in area of looks, the led light show in the LE is gorgeous. GIs change colors based on modes. The LEDs are bright. Coded for LEDs, they just look right. The LEDs and light show look so good that the 90s era machines are starting to look dated in my opinion.

#7 11 years ago

Magneto, the red headed stepchild of the 3. Wolverine is the only one that makes sense, oh and it looks the best too

#8 11 years ago

I'm partial to Magneto but honestly I think all 3 look cool....so, it's really a win-win.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Magneto, the red headed stepchild of the 3. Wolverine is the only one that makes sense, oh and it looks the best too

+1

Also are you only considering the LE or are you asking about the Pro as well? As an LE owner, I'll say this.. there doesn't seem to be much difference in terms of gameplay. But the lightshow and overall package on the LE is nicer of course.

#10 11 years ago

I prefer the Magneto version but they are all nice. I actually like the artwork on the Pro the best.

Is the Magneto version more limited, I heard that it was???

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I prefer the Magneto version but they are all nice. I actually like the artwork on the Pro the best.
    Is the Magneto version more limited, I heard that it was???

Yup...250 Magneto, 300 Wolverine...it was originally gonna be 250 of each but Wolverine demand was strong.

#12 11 years ago

The pro seems like it is in my future. Ill change out the metal bits to all chrome w/ mirror blades+ LED's and then she will truly be one of a kind.... 1/1

#13 11 years ago

As others have mentioned the biggest/best addition to the LE is the phenomenal light show. It is awesome! I preferred the art package on the Pro (over LE I saw in person which was Magneto) and I also preferred the gameplay on the Pro as well. That said, all of them look great and are a blast to play.

#14 11 years ago

yeah like "The Dude" says... "You can't go wrong with any of them, Man." The game is a winner for sure.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup...250 Magneto, 300 Wolverine...it was originally gonna be 250 of each but Wolverine demand was strong.

Cool! Even happier to be buying a Magneto then!!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Cool! Even happier to be buying a Magneto then!!

Wolvies are sold out. Magnetos are not.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't let the numbers fool you. They made 125 Autobots and 125 decepticons because the demand was there when it was only supposed to be 99 of each, however the combos are still preferred by most and they made 500 of them.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

The pro seems like it is in my future. Ill change out the metal bits to all chrome w/ mirror blades+ LED's and then she will truly be one of a kind.... 1/1

The game will look good and be fun. I love my magneto but honestly I'd probably been pretty happy tricking out a pro

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

As others have mentioned the biggest/best addition to the LE is the phenomenal light show. It is awesome! I preferred the art package on the Pro (over LE I saw in person which was Magneto) and I also preferred the gameplay on the Pro as well. That said, all of them look great and are a blast to play.

I have to totally agree here.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Wolvies are sold out. Magnetos are not.

Quoted from BoJo:

Don't let the numbers fool you. They made 125 Autobots and 125 decepticons because the demand was there when it was only supposed to be 99 of each, however the combos are still preferred by most and they made 500 of them.

Meh... I am not a big superhero fan to begin with. Wolverine does nothing for me, it's more of a good vs. evil thing for me. I would have picked combo for trans but second would have been decep..

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Wolverine is the only one that makes sense, oh and it looks the best too []

I agree but if you can get a nib Magneto for cheaper then I would do that....

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Right, but there's no "Combo" X-Men LE. So if you want the extra physical features, Color changing GI, mirrored backglass, color metal, etc ...it's Wolverine or Magneto.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The game will look good and be fun. I love my magneto but honestly I'd probably been pretty happy tricking out a pro

I have to totally agree here.

I also don't like it when they do all the work for me. Whats the fun in that? Tricking out a pinball machine is like a huge part of the fun for me.

#23 11 years ago

Even though I have a LE I think the Pro would actually be the way to go. The best thing to me about the LE is the light show but it isn't as big a deal breaker as the Ramps on Tron LE. You can custom the lighting on the Pro and may actually get better use of colored LED's in the inserts.

I can do without the moving ramp, spinning disc, and Night Crawlers.

Get yourself a Pro and use the money for a nice custom from kit, Shaker & sound system.

#24 11 years ago

When the initial pics came out, I almost cancelled my Wolvie LE and went for a Pro because I thought the translite in the Pro was nicer. Glad I didn't. You really have to see the LEs in person in my opinion, to get an idea of the visual impact of the LEDs, the mirrored backglass, powder coat, etc.

However as others have said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. And the Pro being a couple grand cheaper doesn't hurt either.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Even though I have a LE I think the Pro would actually be the way to go. The best thing to me about the LE is the light show but it isn't as big a deal breaker as the Ramps on TRON LE. You can custom the lighting on the Pro and may actually get better use of colored LED's in the inserts.

I can do without the moving ramp, spinning disc, and Night Crawlers.

Get yourself a Pro and use the money for a nice custom from kit, Shaker & sound system.

Pretty much why I'm gonna roll with the Pro version. With the extra cash you can either pimp out your Pro model, or buy another pin (B or C title) entirely. Always a plus, either way you go.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Meh... I am not a big superhero fan to begin with. Wolverine does nothing for me, it's more of a good vs. evil thing for me. I would have picked combo for trans but second would have been decep..

Quoted from Rarehero:

Right, but there's no "Combo" X-Men LE. So if you want the extra physical features, Color changing GI, mirrored backglass, color metal, etc ...it's Wolverine or Magneto.

I was just using that as an example showing how Sterns production numbers mean nothing. Maybe I should have used Avatar as an example Everyone wants the Wolverine now and Stern made more just like they did the designer TF's, but in the end it might be the Magneto's everyone wants. I have a Wolverine myself and got it because I liked how it looked, but he Magneto is just as nice I think.

#27 11 years ago

I want to see the magneto mulitball magnet lock.
    If it just dumps locks all the balls then dumps them straight down the middle I'll hold my money.
    If they were smart they would lock one on the magnet then pulse the magnet much like IM monger shot. This way each ball is slung as it rolls out simulating the spinner.

When I played the LE with the original program the balls rolled past the magnet or the spinner started 1/2 second too late after releasing the ball (just kinda rolled off after the magnet released then the spinner edge tried to move the balls). Some did go SDTM but the ball save kicked them back out.

#28 11 years ago

On the pro I played, the balls collect at the magnet then they are released straight down. No pulse.

#29 11 years ago

Neither...SM!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

I want to see the magneto mulitball magnet lock.
    If it just dumps locks all the balls then dumps them straight down the middle I'll hold my money.
    If they were smart they would lock one on the magnet then pulse the magnet much like IM monger shot. This way each ball is slung as it rolls out.

you talking about the LE right? The pro i haven't seen anything yet (been looking).

@2:50 mark.

#31 11 years ago

In terms of a Wolverine vs Magneto comparison, the decision comes down to what's more important to you, either A) aesthetics or B) preference for a character. That is, you're either going to like one color scheme over the other (blue vs red), or if you're a fan of the comics, you're going to inherently connect with one character more than the other. For me, B trumps A. Even though I think the Magneto version looks super cool, I'm such a big Wolverine fan that my decision was fairly easy. Wolverine all the way! I mean, when I think about X-men, the first character that pops in my head is Wolverine.

While I like that more characters are represented on the Pro artwork (both cabinet art and translite), the color schemes of the Pro game don't really do it for me. Also, having a real backglass was more important to me than having extra characters on a translite.

No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong. This has to be some of the best artwork Stern has ever done.

#32 11 years ago

1. Pick which cartoon character you like more
    2. Order that one.

#33 11 years ago

I prefer the pro art package. I find the extra cash for a LE is a tough sell, seeing as I would want the led light show most. Anyone have any estimates on how many pro pins they will make?

#34 11 years ago

I hear the pro has the same flasher effect in the pops during storm as the LE can anyone confirm? If so its pro all the way for me as the best looking.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

On the pro I played, the balls collect at the magnet then they are released straight down. No pulse.

Thats what I was afraid of....deal breaker for me.
    The Le did it multiple times and it pissed me off just watching it.
    Hoped it was a glitch not a build in defect / speed bump.

Come on Stern read this

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Thats what I was afraid of....deal breaker for me.
    The Le did it multiple times and it pissed me off just watching it.
    Hoped it was a glitch not a build in defect / speed bump.
    Come on Stern read this

I'm sure it will be addressed with a code update.

#37 11 years ago

Wolverine is the machine.

#38 11 years ago

I'd honestly get the Pro version even if it doesn't have the moving ramp.

#39 11 years ago

pro but if you want le... It's gotta be wolverine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-x-men-should-i-get-if-i-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.