Topic poll

“Which would you pick?”

• Metallica Premium 36 votes
    43%
  • Attack from Mark 47 votes
    57%

(83 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Yea, it's one of those "which would you pick" polls.

Title says it all...
Not too keen on AC/DC personally, so wondering about plunking down the cash for Metallica Prem, or AFM...

Opinions?

#2 10 years ago

AFM Is more of a known quantity , Metallica seems to have a ton of potential.

#3 10 years ago

We need Metallica gameplay video first. Since AFM is proven, I would go with that at this point.

#4 10 years ago

When I first got into the hobby I would walk past AFM because it looked sort of dull. Later on when I started playing it I started to enjoy the humor and the fan layout, but it still seems like it's missing something. When I played it in tournaments, I started learning the rules (from other players), and it grew on me. Frankly today, I still don't get all the fuss, yet I'd like to own one to see if that helps.

However there is no question Metallica has better art, more toys, better light show, yet like AFM, Metallica has a fan layout with Lyman doing the coding. Assuming Lyman does an equivalent job with code, and you like Metallica, there's no question a NIB Metallica Premium at the same price point is worth leaning toward.

#5 10 years ago

Let me know if you come across an AFM for Metallica Premium prices.

You can buy Metallica, and I'll take the AFM.

#6 10 years ago

AFM has always been a favorite in my collection of amateurs and seasoned pinball players. I have many other well thought of games that don't touch it in that regards. Something special would have to happen to top that and that is unlikely with Metallica...right now Metallica is just hype

#7 10 years ago

I don't care how well it's designed, there's no way in hell I'd take current Stern build quality over a late 90s Bally/Williams, especially if it's an AFM. Heck, I'd take most any A or B list late 90s BW over a Metallica any day of the week.

#8 10 years ago

Come on, really. Not the best poll, but as of now it would definitely be AFM.

#9 10 years ago

Attack from "Mark"...

#10 10 years ago

I would go metallica because i'm worn out on AFM.

#11 10 years ago

I have no clue becuase Metallica isn't even out yet.

#12 10 years ago

Neither is Attack From Mark!

#13 10 years ago

Please lock this thread.

#14 10 years ago

With Lyman doing the code and Dirty Donnie on artwork, I have a good feeling about Metallica. If I wasn't already in on Predator, I'd be thinking about it.

However, because DD is doing the art, I'm pretty certain a pinball museum near me will get one, so I'll get to play it either way.

#15 10 years ago

Um...why would this thread be locked?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Attack from "Mark"...

+1

Only cause I reallyoved the movie "Mark Attacks". (;

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

However there is no question Metallica has better art, more toys, better light show, yet like AFM, Metallica has a fan layout with Lyman doing the coding. Assuming Lyman does an equivalent job with code, and you like Metallica, there's no question a NIB Metallica Premium at the same price point is worth leaning toward.

You've seen the light show on Metallica already?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You've seen the light show on Metallica already?

Quoted from Baiter:

However there is no question Metallica has better...

What part aboot "no question" don't you get smassa? Why are you doing something that cannot be done?!?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Only cause I reallyoved the movie "Mark Attacks". (;

And Mark Needs Women...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What part aboot "no question" don't you get smassa? Why are you doing something that cannot be done?!?

That's why I asked him. He made a statement that the light show on Metallica is better so I asked if he had seen it.

#22 10 years ago

Who is this "Mark" guy?? Why is he attacking us?!?!

#23 10 years ago

You know....Invaders From Mark

#27 10 years ago

AFM. All day!

#28 10 years ago

Attack from Mars is my Grail Pin so its no contest here. Although Metallica looks kick ass!

#29 10 years ago

AFM is a fantastic game packed with all sorts of crap, Metallica looks great but how can we continue to have these votes until we actually lay a hand on the game ? AFM is a proven winner and top name in the hobby, Metallica is a band that was cool in the 80's then...? Where did they go ? Way Way to early to vote on this.

#30 10 years ago

I'm going with Metallica, because I want something new and I don't need another old school game that I mastered years ago. It would only become annoying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-would-you-pick-metallica-or-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.