Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I posted this awhile back on rgp and the consensus was FGY, but I figured I would ask here to see what pinside says.
Three pin lineup right now I have RBION, FGY, and JP. Looking to get rid of one for lotr. Money isn't the problem, space is. I am in no rush to sell anything. I will list them whatever machine I decide to let go when I am ready.
JP is staying. I want to play it a bit more before I sell it now that I have it working. From where I sit it has the most features of the three (shaker, topper, moving toy) and also has the shortest ball times. FGY and rbion can make for long games. LOTR is even longer. Having jp will help balance it out.
So, money aside which would you keep and why?

If you are keeping JP, then it would have to be FG. RBION is a fantastic game that isn't ever leaving my collection. Very deep and challenging. You will get the most money for FG too out of those 3 games.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Make Ripley's steeper. That will solve your long ball time problem. Those outlanes are brutal.

I get a kick out of people who say RBION has long ball times and compare it to LOTR in that respect. RBION is brutal, LOTR is not. RBION comes factory set with NO ball saver. You can easily go for the skill shot, miss...end of ball. I would love to see some of these magical 20 minute plus ball times that people always throw around. Short of the Keith Elwin tutorial video, I have *NEVER* seen anyone kick anywhere close to that kind of ass on a RBION. I think people just hear things, accept them as fact and repeat them without a real knowledge of the game.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LesManley said: RBION is brutal, LOTR is not. RBION comes factory set with NO ball saver. You can easily go for the skill shot, miss...end of ball. I would love to see some of these magical 20 minute plus ball times that people always throw around.

I haven't found it "brutal," but certain(t)ly LOTR has longer ball times. Maybe people are eluding to the fact there's a lot of stop in go in RBION.
As a lot of people would say with TZ, don;t go for the skill shot! Lawlor hates the ball saves eh?
I would let go of FGY myself. Get the most money for sure.

RBION can be brutal, but you have to know what your safe shots are. The skill shot on RBION is big. A million points, doubling after each successful skill shot are very big points for that game. It is big risk, big reward in this case. I suppose if someone turned on the ball saver, then that reduces things quite a bit. Also if they close up the right outlane, that would too. RBION on factory settings does not have astronomical ball times. It does have some stop and go with the mode start and the shrunken head, but not really anymore so than the majority of other games out there. I really think that people hear something and blindly repeat it. Someone exagerrates to begin with and many who don't know any better just take it as fact.

With TZ, it depends on the game and the setting if I want to go for the skill shot. If the game has a clean rocket shot to the bumpers, it is a safer shot. In tournaments though, I usually don't bother as it is more risk than reward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-would-you-let-go?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.