Linked Games

Topic poll

“which would u choose i500 or congo”

• congo 62 votes
    58%
  • i500 45 votes
    42%

(107 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Ok so im looking for my next pin and really want a i500 or congo. I have a little time on each and like them both alike.both are pretty rare and made in the same year and are both around 3k give or take a few hundred.which would u choose for lastibility and and gameplay . Also I like pretty difficult pins that I dont beat everything in a few weeks?thax any input would help

#11 9 years ago

Pretty close vote I wish I cld just get both lol

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I see you do not have The Shadow in your collection. As good as Congo and Indy 500 are, The Shadow is better than both.

Yes this is another that I have found and am contiplateing about but they are definitely more common and wanted to get the rarer pin first

#34 9 years ago

Well im putting some time in on a friends congo on fri not sure abour i500 tho we shall see what happens

#35 9 years ago

Also both are both 3k and really nice but the i500 has a lot of extras

#39 9 years ago

Im not a huge fan of nascar but I do like fast cars lol and dont mind the theme as long as gameplay is really fun and both I believe are good games

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Never played Congo, but I500 is my cheapest, hardest, and favorite pin in my collection. I'd rather play it over Metallica and LOTR on a given day.
I hated "difficult" pins until this one. It's real fast, the turbo shot is tough unless you combo it with the left loop (still have to time it right). There are no scoops to temporarily hide balls during multi ball. Every thing is out there and you fight for control. Plenty of modes at the 3rd shot in "Gasoline Alley" is crucial to winning the 500 properly.
You can get through all modes and still not truly win it. You need to complete 200 laps, pass enough cars to get into 1st place and complete all modes and hit victory lap. I did it once and have played hundreds of games.
It'll frustrate the heck out of you, but you can increase ball save times to make it a little more playable.
It an awesome 10 min. game.

I like difficult games as my favorites are tz, ft and bsd

#42 9 years ago

Congo has taken a commanding lead at this point but im wondering how many have played these titles as they are not real common

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I'm sure most have seen Bowen's recent I500 tutorial on PAPA's website but I saved this one that I found many years ago. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUeONvLF7yqkCiEM_76-Kg4Q&v=w7lUZgIYvmU

Thax lots of good info

#47 9 years ago

Well compared to alot of b/w they only made 2000 of each and half them are not in the us probably . I know they dont come up for sale or run across them much in my travels

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 17.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-would-u-choose-i500-or-congo?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.