(Topic ID: 198557)

Which would make the best Iron Maiden backglass?

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best backglass image?”

• Piece of Mind 0 votes
    • The Trooper 15 votes
      32%
    • Iron Maiden 1 vote
      2%
    • The Number of The Beast 5 votes
      11%
    • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 0 votes
    • Powerslave 1 vote
      2%
    • Killers 15 votes
      32%
    • Live After Death 6 votes
      13%
    • Somewhere in Time 4 votes
      9%

(47 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMP (resized).jpg
    7C1B674C-0B28-45C5-9642-7C57A7B95DF1 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB9AC3-07D8-45A8-A10B-2AD463F87972 (resized).jpeg
    20170504_110302 (resized).jpg
    90A66515-8F9D-43E9-9154-893E7E94834D (resized).png
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1716 (resized).JPG
    52444715370__45F89750-B207-4F16-965A-5C9FBD268F0C (resized).JPG
    926472E9-CD03-4CBD-8E12-2784DC2052B2 (resized).jpeg
    60F5E579-D2E8-46DD-9718-BCF3BEEF74D0 (resized).jpeg
    521D5CA0-2A62-45A0-B5D4-FE08DDD5A587 (resized).jpeg
    64C17AC4-6CB9-4ABD-9129-E0F307B5F6EE (resized).jpeg
    4094710C-270D-48A3-9BA4-2B71AF0066DF (resized).jpeg
    676B53BA-6179-439D-83E6-6A5B6D2F3E7B (resized).jpeg
    C8D4EC62-4002-455B-BE67-8B2B5B0A0DFD (resized).jpeg
    CD130501-F9BB-40B2-BBC9-042725A37067 (resized).jpeg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Derek Riggs . Scott Riggs is a pro wrestler

D'OH!

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

I believe the sentence your commenting on was, "Iron Maiden is well known for their artwork and the originality of it for every different aspect of the band." You've missed the point and took a few words out of context. Pick any Iron Maiden song and google the image for that song. A large portion of all the Iron Maiden songs have their own individual, original art as well as each large city tour. Look up "phantom of the opera", "flight of icarus", "virus", "bring your daughter to the slaughter" and the list goes on. The post before this one shows the "purgatory" original art. So what I said was not untrue, they are well known for their artwork and the originality of it... They are not just a band of a couple album covers and it's my opinion that an Iron Maiden machine should reflect the true identity of Iron Maiden.

Ok that makes more sense, but this thread is about the back-glass art and we both sorta deviated from that intent. What most people want is original Riggs art, whether that's on the backglass or the playfield, cab etc. We do not want some other artists interpretation of Riggs art or custom art package.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Sorry to dissapoint you but i already asked and they said in quote ' not a chance '

Gary personally told me over a Vodka in 2015 that they had the Iron Maiden licence.

It would have been out already if there hadn’t been “Trudeau trouble”

As far as artwork ... zero chance of Killers, as cool as it is. No way any Dianno album gets any recognition at all.

My guess would be a “best of the beast” type package for the Pro, with a Number of the Beast or maybe Powerslave package for the LE.

rd

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Gary personally told me over a Vodka in 2015 that they had the Iron Maiden licence.
    It would have been out already if there hadn’t been “Trudeau trouble”
    As far as artwork ... zero chance of Killers, as cool as it is. No way any Dianno album gets any recognition at all.
    My guess would be a “best of the beast” type package for the Pro, with a Number of the Beast or maybe Powerslave package for the LE.
    rd

In your opinion, how will the "Trudeau Trouble" affect the announcement of IM in the near, and distant future?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

In your opinion, how will the "Trudeau Trouble" affect the announcement of IM in the near, and distant future?

They’ll have to remove Trudeau from the equation ... Maiden (or any licence holder) won’t want to be assocated with any of that stuff.

My guess would be a slight redesign by Gomez.

But all guesses ...

rd

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Something's coming re: Iron Man?!

#57 6 years ago

Just hand it off to Borg and Lyman and this title will be great.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just hand it off to Borg and Lyman and this title will be great.

Yep. WE all knwo there's going to be a huge Eddie bash toy in the middle so just accept it and move on.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

It wont be made due to the limited appeal /market ...

Lol I haveno idea where you get this from.
    If they can make metallica and acdc, they sure as hell will sell iron maiden pinballs.

#60 6 years ago

Its a tough one, with the artwork..Im a huge Iron Maiden fan, been since I was 14 (now 32), so for me this is a dream coming true sortof.
    The most Stern-ish and obvious would be a Best of the beast-montage of Eddies, although it will 100 % sure be no problem getting a custom translite with the album cover of choice. We dont even need much effort, its just to sell printed versions of the album covers in the right size.

But of all official artwork, I still believe Live after death would make the most impact as a translite.
    I love all the details and hidden stuff on somewhere in time, and love the ice cold theme of seventh son, but as mainstream goes I dont think it has the same punch as Live after death.

But hey, all of these artworks are well above what we classify as "awesome", so its a privilege

Oh btw, the topic title should be renamed to "which WILL make the best...."

#61 6 years ago

The real issue if it ever gets made will be what the LCD will be showing

#62 6 years ago

Oh yeah, good point.
    As I have pointed out in another Iron Maiden thread, I believe there are two main approaches to this pin.
    Either as a typical "band on tour"-pinball, in Kiss and acdc style, where you "play concerts" etc, or they can make more as an adventure pinball where you go/fight your way through different worlds based on the albums themes and so on, somewhat reminiscent of the Ed Hunter pc game, but lets stop at that since that game was an honest but horrible approach

But the idea stands.
    But for the backglass, I believe they will either go full 3d animated, especially with the new Legacy of the beast mobile game out, or mostly showing footage from the countles hours they have of live material.

#63 6 years ago

I wonder how many potential buyers you'd loss with the concert footage approach?
    The biggest reasons I let MET through my door was rules and play off course, but not having a bunch of old ass dudes plastered on the thing must have been second. I don't think people are into that kind of stuff unless they are a huge fan. People complained aboot Angus Face, they complained aboot Road Case cab for MET...but whom the hell knows.

#64 6 years ago

LCD could play Eddie animated music videos to go with the song being played, with some live footage thrown in? I'd say that whatever factory translite art is used, the aftermarket will be very busy.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

I'd say that whatever factory translite art is used, the aftermarket will be very busy.

Or Stern will make diff'rent ones you can "upgrade" to?

#66 6 years ago

You guys are killing me!! Is it coming or not 1st quarter 2018 or not!!!

#67 6 years ago

I think machine after next. Up the irons.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think machine after next. Up the irons.

Do we know what the next machine is? Even if they just redress Metallica and do some new animations, the pin is still a winner

#69 6 years ago

I hope it's not Pulp Fiction. I can't afford 2 nib. But lil birdie told me that coming too.

#70 6 years ago

I voted Live After Death , but any of these would look great .

#71 6 years ago

Yeti is doing the art so deal with it people!! I personally am excited as I think Yeti kicks a$$ and he is a fan as we are so he won’t let us down!

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Yeti is doing the art so deal with it people!! I personally am excited as I think Yeti kicks a$$ and he is a fan as we are so he won’t let us down!

Bummer.

2 months later
    #73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Why are people posting about this title? Hoping Stern will see it and make it?
    It wont be made due to the limited appeal /market ...
    Going by my personal visit to the factory there is no way they will risk high dollars for minimal return ...
    Sorry to burst the bubble for the minority pushing for this..
    Just being honest !

Hmmmmm any thoughts lol

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

Hmmmmm any thoughts lol

I like when that happens.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from jefryan:

Man three different ones included would be great. Hell, I would pay extra for that as an option!!!

Yeah, I'll say Stern would be smart to sell all these as a mod option. I would have to have PofM, Nof the B, Live after Death and Killers just to suit my particular mood that day.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-would-make-the-best-iron-maiden-backglass/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.