(Topic ID: 198557)

Which would make the best Iron Maiden backglass?

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best backglass image?”

• Piece of Mind 0 votes
    • The Trooper 15 votes
      32%
    • Iron Maiden 1 vote
      2%
    • The Number of The Beast 5 votes
      11%
    • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 0 votes
    • Powerslave 1 vote
      2%
    • Killers 15 votes
      32%
    • Live After Death 6 votes
      13%
    • Somewhere in Time 4 votes
      9%

(47 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMP (resized).jpg
    7C1B674C-0B28-45C5-9642-7C57A7B95DF1 (resized).jpeg
    F9DB9AC3-07D8-45A8-A10B-2AD463F87972 (resized).jpeg
    20170504_110302 (resized).jpg
    90A66515-8F9D-43E9-9154-893E7E94834D (resized).png
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1716 (resized).JPG
    52444715370__45F89750-B207-4F16-965A-5C9FBD268F0C (resized).JPG
    926472E9-CD03-4CBD-8E12-2784DC2052B2 (resized).jpeg
    60F5E579-D2E8-46DD-9718-BCF3BEEF74D0 (resized).jpeg
    521D5CA0-2A62-45A0-B5D4-FE08DDD5A587 (resized).jpeg
    64C17AC4-6CB9-4ABD-9129-E0F307B5F6EE (resized).jpeg
    4094710C-270D-48A3-9BA4-2B71AF0066DF (resized).jpeg
    676B53BA-6179-439D-83E6-6A5B6D2F3E7B (resized).jpeg
    C8D4EC62-4002-455B-BE67-8B2B5B0A0DFD (resized).jpeg
    CD130501-F9BB-40B2-BBC9-042725A37067 (resized).jpeg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Piece of Mind
    7FFF4112-0A4C-438A-AC7A-6AFAC63F44D5 (resized).jpeg7FFF4112-0A4C-438A-AC7A-6AFAC63F44D5 (resized).jpeg

The Trooper
    926472E9-CD03-4CBD-8E12-2784DC2052B2 (resized).jpeg926472E9-CD03-4CBD-8E12-2784DC2052B2 (resized).jpeg

Iron Maiden
    60F5E579-D2E8-46DD-9718-BCF3BEEF74D0 (resized).jpeg60F5E579-D2E8-46DD-9718-BCF3BEEF74D0 (resized).jpeg

The Number of the Beast
    521D5CA0-2A62-45A0-B5D4-FE08DDD5A587 (resized).jpeg521D5CA0-2A62-45A0-B5D4-FE08DDD5A587 (resized).jpeg

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
    64C17AC4-6CB9-4ABD-9129-E0F307B5F6EE (resized).jpeg64C17AC4-6CB9-4ABD-9129-E0F307B5F6EE (resized).jpeg

Powerslave
    4094710C-270D-48A3-9BA4-2B71AF0066DF (resized).jpeg4094710C-270D-48A3-9BA4-2B71AF0066DF (resized).jpeg

Killers
    676B53BA-6179-439D-83E6-6A5B6D2F3E7B (resized).jpeg676B53BA-6179-439D-83E6-6A5B6D2F3E7B (resized).jpeg

Live After Death
    C8D4EC62-4002-455B-BE67-8B2B5B0A0DFD (resized).jpegC8D4EC62-4002-455B-BE67-8B2B5B0A0DFD (resized).jpeg

Somewhere in Time
    CD130501-F9BB-40B2-BBC9-042725A37067 (resized).jpegCD130501-F9BB-40B2-BBC9-042725A37067 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

My fave arts have always been: beast, killers, time.

Tough call. I may like Killers more, but I think Number of the Beast would look the best.

#3 6 years ago

The Trooper or Killers.
    Lots of color and balance.

#4 6 years ago

Killers for me.

#5 6 years ago

Killers should be the overwhelming favorite

#6 6 years ago

I voted Live After Death. Love the detail.

#7 6 years ago

What about this one?

52444715370__45F89750-B207-4F16-965A-5C9FBD268F0C (resized).JPG52444715370__45F89750-B207-4F16-965A-5C9FBD268F0C (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

I am a huge Maiden nerd Can't go wrong with Derek's work. UP THE IRONS

IMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

Flashers would look super badass on Live After Death, like lightning

#10 6 years ago

Killers for sure.. there all great but killers rules...

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Killers should be the overwhelming favorite

Yes

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

What about this one?

How about the alternate one with Eddie holding Paul's severed head?

#13 6 years ago

IMG_1717 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

The Trooper, Killers, Powerslave. shoot the pyramid.

#15 6 years ago

I hope it's any of the above because that means the game's made and I can buy it!

It would be incredible if they would include 3 different translites with the game so you could swap them in and out. It's too hard to pick just one.

#16 6 years ago

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope this turns into reality!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinball4ever:

I hope it's any of the above because that means the game's made and I can buy it!
    It would be incredible if they would include 3 different translites with the game so you could swap them in and out. It's too hard to pick just one.

Man three different ones included would be great. Hell, I would pay extra for that as an option!!!

2 months later
    #18 6 years ago

Here's the problem I see. Unfortunately, if Stern releases an Iron Maiden pinball it will be just another wasted of licensing. Like the vote at the top of the page, it'll just be an image of one of the albums, or pictures of live band members or a combination of the two. Just look at the AC/DC pinball. All three releases are just pictures of Angus and the band. Whoop-dee-f****n-doo. The Metallica pinball has cartoony Rob Zombie artwork for gods sake. I've been an Iron Maiden fan for over 30 years and I would absolutely love to have an Iron Maiden pinball. But, anyone that has been a true fan of Iron Maiden would realize that only custom art by Derek Riggs should adorn such a machine. Something like a futuristic Eddie in an astronaut suit with a space background holding a shiny pinball in his hand with the reflection of the earth burning. None of this regurgitated art or live pictures of a band. I beg, hope and pray that Stern does not have the licensing for Iron Maiden. It'll just be an unfortunate waste of what could have been one of the greatest pins ever. Up the irons!

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Here's the problem I see. Unfortunately, if Stern releases an Iron Maiden pinball it will be just another wasted of licensing. Like the vote at the top of the page, it'll just be an image of one of the albums, or pictures of live band members or a combination of the two. Just look at the AC/DC pinball. All three releases are just pictures of Angus and the band. Whoop-dee-f****n-doo. The Metallica pinball has cartoony Rob Zombie artwork for gods sake. I've been an Iron Maiden fan for over 30 years and I would absolutely love to have an Iron Maiden pinball. But, anyone that has been a true fan of Iron Maiden would realize that only custom art by Derek Riggs should adorn such a machine. Something like a futuristic Eddie in an astronaut suit with a space background holding a shiny pinball in his hand with the reflection of the earth burning. None of this regurgitated art or live pictures of a band. I beg, hope and pray that Stern does not have the licensing for Iron Maiden. It'll just be an unfortunate waste of what could have been one of the greatest pins ever. Up the irons!

It’s a given that Stern got the license at this point. Isn’t it?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It’s a given that Stern got the license at this point. Isn’t it?

I don't know. I personally have not seen anything official. As far as I can tell Stern is keeping tight lipped on the subject and cannot be confirmed or denied. I just hope not. This is just my $.02

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

I don't know. I personally have not seen anything official. As far as I can tell Stern is keeping tight lipped on the subject and cannot be confirmed or denied. I just hope not. This is just my $.02

I’m with you for the record. All original Riggs artwork would be epic. I don’t think Stern has the foresight, testicular fortitude, or understanding of their customer base to make that happen.

#22 6 years ago

I really like them all but im thinking live after Death if i had to pick one.

#23 6 years ago

I don't think any one album cover would cut it. It needs to be a tastefully done collage of Eddie everywhere.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I don’t think Stern has the foresight, testicular fortitude, or understanding of their customer base to make that happen.

Lol. Exactly my original point. What a waste of a good license. You sir know how to paint a mural with words.

#25 6 years ago

I’d be in for a fully LCD bacbox where we could change the artwork surrounding the screen!

Failing that, Live After Death, powerslave or Killers would do it for me. NotB isn’t great artwork, despite it being so classic. Somewhere in time is my favorite but not sure how well it would work for the pin. I hate the collages, where it’s every Eddie ever.

Live after death, yep.

1 week later
    #26 6 years ago

Stern will release an Iron Maiden pinball machine, it’s a holy grail for me. But I’m out! I was a big stern Pinball fan. I still have iron man and metle that I bought nib. The current quality issues that I experienced first hand are saddening. I just won’t fall victim again to a nib spike system game.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Lol. Exactly my original point. What a waste of a good license. You sir know how to paint a mural with words.

So the game and artwork that none of us have ever seen are already a waste of a good license?

The Clairvoyent!

#28 6 years ago

I'm not (currently at least) an Iron Maiden fan at all, but I like the overall look of "The Trooper" art best. Definitely lots of potential in the other album covers' art as well though!

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the game and artwork that none of us have ever seen are already a waste of a good license?
    The Clairvoyent!

Yes, I believe so. I personally have found stern to have lack luster game play and simply do not know the subject matter of the games they make. So, I don't have faith in them to put out a machine worthy of the Iron Maiden liscense. Metallica, for example, is a real fun game to play but, imho, it's got Rob Zombie style artwork and Rob Trujillo should not be on that game. AC/DC is just cut and paste pictures of the band. Whoop-de-f****n-doo. There is no real innovation in their machines. There are of course a few exceptions. But, for the most part, stern is just about cranking out a machine faster than their competition. Take a look at the new Aerosmith pin their putting out. Nothing new. Looks very close to a re-branded Kiss pinball w/o the Gene Simmons head. At least with some of these other pin makers, they are trying to create new innovations. The new Houdini by American pinball is a lot of fun with some new approaches. Reversing and/or inverted flippers? Ingenious. They seem to understand the subject matter, not just repaint one of the old playfields and change the music. But that's a new pin maker trying to make name for themselves. The need to create fun and attractive games to get foothold in the industry. Stern has been around for a long time and I respect them for what they have done. There hasn't been competition in the pin industry for so long, I just think they've gotten complacent.

#30 6 years ago

I vote for The Trooper. Hope the actual game is decent.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Yes, I believe so. I personally have found stern to have lack luster game play and simply do not know the subject matter of the games they make. So, I don't have faith in them to put out a machine worthy of the Iron Maiden liscense. Metallica, for example, is a real fun game to play but, imho, it's got Rob Zombie style artwork and Rob Trujillo should not be on that game. AC/DC is just cut and paste pictures of the band. Whoop-de-f****n-doo. There is no real innovation in their machines. There are of course a few exceptions. But, for the most part, stern is just about cranking out a machine faster than their competition. Take a look at the new Aerosmith pin their putting out. Nothing new. Looks very close to a re-branded Kiss pinball w/o the Gene Simmons head. At least with some of these other pin makers, they are trying to create new innovations. The new Houdini by American pinball is a lot of fun with some new approaches. Reversing and/or inverted flippers? Ingenious. They seem to understand the subject matter, not just repaint one of the old playfields and change the music. But that I a new pin maker trying to make name for themselves. The need to create fun and attractive games to get foothold in the industry. Stern has been around for a long time and I respect them for what they have done. There hasn't been competition in the pin industry for so long, I just think they've gotten complacent.

Uh so long story short you are long-windedly complaining about art you haven’t seen yet. What is wrong with you?

Also why not whine about the gameplay or code nobody has seen also, while you are at it?

In the spirit, I’m gonna Bitch about how awful Maiden’s Next album is. (Come on, we know it’s gonna suck)

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uh so long story short you are long-windedly complaining about art you haven’t seen yet. What is wrong with you?

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's just my opinion and I just don't have faith in stern to make an Iron Maiden pinball that is worthy of the license. I certainly hope they prove me wrong. Iron Maiden is well known for their artwork and the originality of it for every different aspect of the band. But, I believe they will probably just either cut and paste pictures of the band or just copy album artwork, whether a single album or a collage.

#33 6 years ago

90A66515-8F9D-43E9-9154-893E7E94834D (resized).png90A66515-8F9D-43E9-9154-893E7E94834D (resized).png

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's just my opinion and I just don't have faith in stern to make an Iron Maiden pinball that is worthy of the license. I certainly hope they prove me wrong. Iron Maiden is well known for their artwork and the originality of it for every different aspect of the band. But, I believe they will probably just either cut and paste pictures of the band or just copy album artwork, whether a single album or a collage.

In one sentence, you state Maiden is well known for their artwork, yet seemingly want them to do something different with the artwork on Maiden pin? You seem confused and are in a very small minority, as most people do NOT want some interpretation of Scott Riggs work. Cut and paste iconic Iron Maiden art, in this case, would be the best case scenario.

#35 6 years ago

Why are people posting about this title? Hoping Stern will see it and make it?
    It wont be made due to the limited appeal /market ...
    Going by my personal visit to the factory there is no way they will risk high dollars for minimal return ...
    Sorry to burst the bubble for the minority pushing for this..
    Just being honest !

20170504_110302 (resized).jpg20170504_110302 (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Why are people posting about this title? Hoping Stern will see it and make it?
    It wont be made due to the limited appeal /market ...
    Going by my personal visit to the factory there is no way they will risk high dollars for minimal return ...
    Sorry to burst the bubble for the minority pushing for this..
    Just being honest !

Just being honest on your opinion......."mustang" extreme limited appeal.....made, "WWE" limited appeal......made. Congrats on your well documented tour but I suspect that we'll be seeing pics of a killer Iron Maiden pin within 2 yrs.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

Just being honest on your opinion......."mustang" extreme limited appeal.....made, "WWE" limited appeal......made. Congrats on your well documented tour but I suspect that we'll be seeing pics of a killer Iron Maiden pin within 2 yrs.

Sorry to dissapoint you but i already asked and they said in quote ' not a chance ' much like any remake of Back to the future they said 'been there done that '

#38 6 years ago

I think stern makes great games, Metallica is a top 10 Pin. I think Iron Maiden will also be a top 10 Pin. I hope they are doing all they can to correct the issues that are happening, I would buy again if they do. For now I will sit back and watch.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Sorry to dissapoint you but i already asked and they said in quote ' not a chance ' much like any remake of Back to the future they said 'been there done that '

So are you some big wig that they will tell their future plans too? If so, please lay out the next 3 years worth of games please! If not, you are know speculating just as we are, with possibly being lied too as well.

Let me ask you this. What games did they confirm when you asked?

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

In one sentence, you state Maiden is well known for their artwork, yet seemingly want them to do something different with the artwork on Maiden pin? You seem confused and are in a very small minority, as most people do NOT want some interpretation of Scott Riggs work. Cut and paste iconic Iron Maiden art, in this case, would be the best case scenario.

Derek Riggs . Scott Riggs is a pro wrestler

#41 6 years ago

F9DB9AC3-07D8-45A8-A10B-2AD463F87972 (resized).jpegF9DB9AC3-07D8-45A8-A10B-2AD463F87972 (resized).jpeg

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My fave arts have always been: beast, killers, time.
    Tough call. I may like Killers more, but I think Number of the Beast would look the best.

Ditto.

#43 6 years ago

http://uk.businessinsider.com/best-selling-music-artists-of-all-time-2016-9/#50-phil-collins-335-million-units-1

I'm a big fan and was hoping for a maiden pin and still do but Metallica, Acdc, Aerosmith, Elvis and Rolling Stones all in the top 50 best sellers. More chance of a Beatles pin if Stern follow these stats..

#44 6 years ago

Today it would be this

7C1B674C-0B28-45C5-9642-7C57A7B95DF1 (resized).jpeg7C1B674C-0B28-45C5-9642-7C57A7B95DF1 (resized).jpeg

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

So who did you ask? Was it the guy that packages the games or the guy that installs the ramps? Maybe it was Frank the fella that puts on the flippers? All 3 of these guys know the inner workings of Gary Sterns company down to the last detail..........

#46 6 years ago

No need to be a jealous smart arse.
    When your having lunch with designers and execs questions are asked .
    We did not speak to any workers or packers

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Oh you're above speaking to the common workers? I'm happy that you're running with the cool kids but what games are coming down the line?

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

You do know that Stern acquired the rights to make a Iron Maiden pinball machine in 2015???? I assume they told you that at dinner.......right??

#49 6 years ago

Killers album cover, or the Purgatory 45 cover.

IMP (resized).jpgIMP (resized).jpg

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I believe the sentence your commenting on was, "Iron Maiden is well known for their artwork and the originality of it for every different aspect of the band." You've missed the point and took a few words out of context. Pick any Iron Maiden song and google the image for that song. A large portion of all the Iron Maiden songs have their own individual, original art as well as each large city tour. Look up "phantom of the opera", "flight of icarus", "virus", "bring your daughter to the slaughter" and the list goes on. The post before this one shows the "purgatory" original art. So what I said was not untrue, they are well known for their artwork and the originality of it... They are not just a band of a couple album covers and it's my opinion that an Iron Maiden machine should reflect the true identity of Iron Maiden.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-would-make-the-best-iron-maiden-backglass/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.