(Topic ID: 269213)

Which wires test to jump test for non-energizing relay?

By flopflip

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flopflip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I have been gradually solving several issues related to the Startup sequence on my 4 player Bally Flip Flop. At this point, everything seems to be functioning, with one exception. The Game Over Relay Latch relay will not energize so the game remains in Game Over. All steppers in proper order and the other switches/relays involved in the Startup appear to be behaving properly. I have the Schematic and Manual but don't know which wires or connection may be causing the G/O Latch to not energize. Any suggestions on which connections I can test with Jumper wires?

#2 3 years ago

There are three switches that can send power to game over latch relay coil during the reset process:

Score motor switch 8E - yellow wire and green/black wire (normally closed)
    Reset relay switch - green/black wire and orange/red wire (normally open)
    Score motor switch 4C - orange/red wire and green/white wire (normally open)

If everything is working during the reset except the game over latch relay, then take a close look at the 4C score motor switch. Make sure it is clean and adjusted correctly.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you. I'll get right to it

#4 3 years ago

Should I attempt to jump these to see where the block may be? What about jumping the SCM 4C G-W to the Game Over Latch G-W (which is connected to the relay)

#5 3 years ago

I'd first try to clean and adjust (if needed) the switches... If you need to use a jumper wire, you can test the 4C switch by using a jumper wire between the relay coil - green/white wire - and the 4C switch - orange/red wire. And between the relay coil and the reset relay switch - orange/red wire. Yes, you can check for a broken wire by jumping between 4C switch and the relay coil with the green/white wire on both sides.

#6 3 years ago

Solved. Cleaned and adjusted lots of switches in the process, but it turns out the Game Over Trip armature was not seated properly. Now the Latch energizes.
    Thanks for the help! Onto the next issue!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-wires-test-to-jump-test-for-non-energizing-relay?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.