You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 127 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Christmas VE title (like when they did re-runs of Tron, AC/DC Luci etc) and Game of Thrones before it just in time for Pinball Expo?

Or what about the current left field speculation for a Batman VE? Spidey now and Batman before Xmas?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First I've heard of that......dont even remember the first version.

You know, your grandma gave you undies and hankies and the same thing happened again a few years later....then multiball.

#124 8 years ago

Game of Thrones....collapsing castle/Kingdom, unique layout, ring shot style ramp, deep rules and Stern's first color display?

#126 8 years ago

Hahahahaha. I was waiting for it.

I truly believed it was going to be Avengers. After that, redDMD4EVA.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol... I was hoping that the playfield would be completely FLAT... then raise up with minuture clockworks as in the oprning credits...
Not too much to expect- is it?
» YouTube video

Haha every time someone said "Steve has been given more time", I imagine the opening to GoT like that....and dragons....and mother of dragons.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I do hope they do GOT first so I can save a few more $ to buy a spidey...
When is the Its Sunny game going to be announced?
tumblr_nbori6pObQ1r4g95fo1_500.gif

Would buy....and also hoping GoT takes the crown of LOTR so I have to buy one less game.

1 week later
#163 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Nobody knows. Not one person called WWE correctly.

WWE was a sneaky one! Someone mentioned Stern on the WWE license page and shortly after, it was announced.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think we will learn if the hobby has grown as much as we think it has grown with all these games being released.
I want an Alien, Hobbit, and GoT (if GoT has an LCD display); but can't afford all three. Being first to market will help one of these manufacturers get my bucks. I think there is enough new blood in the hobby though where all three will sell well though.

I originally got into the hobby with a list of games I wanted to tick off. Now that list is 99% complete and some new release games added along the way, I'm running out of space and it takes longer to save cash due to the prices rising with every release.

Hoping that Game of Thrones surpasses the wow factor of Lord of the Rings and blows everyone away. Had a look at a LOTR in a pub today (couldn't play because the balls were stuck in the sword lock) and wow, that game has some ramps and toys.

With so many great new games coming out, what is everyone doing? Selling off parts of the "old" collection or keep accumulating?

2 weeks later
#237 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hint: BK homage.....

Wow, I was only thinking about this over the past week. "What will Steve do to bring it on this title?" I thought about Stern returning with an upper playfield.....not so sure about the color display. It seems like the fable with every release and it never seems to come.

I also can't see them releasing one game with a color display and then next year they return with their regular dmd?

#240 8 years ago

BK = Steve Ritchie's 1980 game, Black Knight.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm sorry. I know. I was being a wise ass.
Momma always told me to find something I'm good at and practice, practice, practice.

Haha that's cool....sometimes I don't know all the acronyms. Sometimes it's like "what's a BSM? Bram Stoker's....Macula???"

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think SM VE beats it out at this point. SM in September and GoT in late October = my current prediction.

So no Game of Thrones for Pinball Expo?

I was hoping it would be the Lord of the Rings "killer". Jam packed full of toys, shots, modes.....and color display with clips from the tv show. Mr Stern's Opus. Lol

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Don't hold your breath.

Premium pricing is currently $10,250 AUD vs $7950 for the new Iron Man run.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

No matter what, it could be Steve Ritchie's finest hour. Hendrix or Game of Thrones are my stabs in the dark.

Too early for another music title I reckon....

First I've heard of Hendrix as a future title. That's an interesting one.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm holding my breath for the LCD display for GoT. Gosh, talk about mega levels of disappointment if no LCD in GoT - I will be out immediately on the title if no LCD. There are certainly mixed reports on the display from various sources, probably Stern sending out various tidbits of false information to various distros and insiders. Guess we will see.

Haha yes, I remember the chatter in 2012 for color display rumour on Avengers and the disappointment that ensued.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I'm the new guy to this hobby, but I thought it was a re-skinned spiderman coming out next(premium level not pro). Artwork based on comic books not movie. What does the winner get if he's right?

9th September 2014 was the announcement for The Walking Dead. Early September announcement for new game makes sense. Are they treating Spiderman as a brand new game and pushing Game of Thrones back, or is Spidey going to be a Christmas run like Iron Man, Luci and Tron re-runs?

#454 8 years ago

I was about to crown John Borg the new king of pinball, but will wait to see what Steve's new game looks like. Borg has put out some fantastic games lately.

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's all hope it's because the leaked info he heard was a false lead and he doesn't want to eat crow later.
I still think GoT is coming with LCD display. If it isn't for whatever reason, I may just go the MMr rout with the 16 bit full color graphics. I'll get my sword and dragon fix that way.

And I was originally after a LOTR first....it all hangs on the GoT reveal!

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

A lot of us or on the fence. GOT is a great theme. If done right and not super expensive, it could be a real winner for Stern.

Yeah, I watch the tv show and am hoping for great things. It's not a must have theme to me, but it could have something different game wise that could make it great. If the LCD is there, it will be an interesting comparison and competitor with The Hobbit. If it's just the regular red DMD and an upper playfield, I won't be sold on it straight away.

As for wide body, it doesn't fit in the regular Stern stable and I can't see them making a whole new cabinet just for one game. I don't really care either way.

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought the reason for the time taken to get GOT to market was to integrate the LCD.
Gonna be disappointing if it's good old dots again!

Yeah, would be odd for them to revert to dots at the last minute. You would think that the game would be either developed for lcd or dots from the beginning?

I think it will be disappointing as dots as this would have been a great theme to go head to head with The Hobbit. Queen of dragons vs Smaug.

It still amazes me that we're talking about the next Stern title with KISS LEs shipping now. I thought that was going to be the biggest game of the year. I am genuinely excited for the unveiling of whatever game Stern is going to unveil this week.

#516 8 years ago

Teaser reveal Wednesday, full game pictures Friday?

#518 8 years ago

Teaser reveal Wednesday, full game pictures Friday?

With the amount of distributors saying it's GoT, i'll be surprised if Stern reveal another game instead.

#562 8 years ago

Maybe the Spiderman VE rumour WAS Game of Thrones....same layout, different artwork, dots and sounds?

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Queue Twilight Zone music

So, tomorrow morning we're go for a Stern announcement?

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Oh snap! I'd be ALL over that!

If only I worked for Stern.....yeah, if only I worked for Stern....
*cue dream sequence*

...today we announce Back to the Future pinball for the 2015 anniversary, Spiderman VE for Christmas, Game of Thrones for the release of the new series on tv, Jurassic World and then Ghostbusters to finish with in 2016....but wait, there's more. You wanted Tron VE, we're giving you those LE lit ramps and then LOTR VE for 2017.

#636 8 years ago

Stern have a great chance to blow everyone away including their main competitor who isn't really a competitor at this stage.

Will it be 2012 Avengers dots let down again or will it be the 2015 dragon slayer? It doesn't matter because it will sell regardless and we'll have forgotten the dots disappointment after it ships.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We'll see. While I love dots on retro games....we're just at that point where they've gotta step it up, especially since the prices have just gone up and up and up. I don't wanna see GOT with a red monochrome display...I just don't - especially if the rest of the game is really cool - just tie the whole thing together and have it look modern.
I'm at that point where I kinda don't wanna order an NIB games - but GOT with color LCD might tip me back...DMD, I'll pass.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head with how I feel at the moment. While I love the look of KISS, the whole release made me feel like "is that all?" It felt like a filler title with some hand drawn art thrown in to appease the masses. Stern prices keep rising and the Australian Dollar keeps dropping. New in box purchases are now heavily scrutinised.

Jersey Jack's machines look next gen pinball to me. While I don't want to buy The Hobbit (at this stage), I think it looks very impressive. The Big Lebowski has a color display and so does Heighway Pinball's Full Throttle. Stern, it's time!

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The info I got didn't say anything about Wednesday, just this week. I'm not holding my breath today.

So it's an Office Space pin reveal on Friday? "It's statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if we do it at the end of the week."

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's still something about the audio/video design of JJP's games that don't feel "pinball" to me...they feel like Slot Machines. I showed my girlfriend a WOZ video the other day, cuz I was contemplating picking up a local one for sale...and she said "eh, it reminds me of a slot machine". Say what you will about dots - but there is an artform behind them that I think you don't really appreciate until it's gone. Once things go color - you're competing with what our brains have seen in video games and movies for 20 years - so, it's more than having the technology - it's figuring out an aesthetic that still feels "right for pinball". So - I get why Stern has taken their time. If it's not "right" going out the door, it's probably not worth doing. P3 Lexi Lightspeed is a perfect example - it's "modern tech" but the art presentation feels dated by 20 years. JJP's are "next gen" but something is a little off about them too, IMO.

I think JJP have a great product and great attempt at doing something different, but don't want to see Stern copy that approach. I'm thinking something like The Big Lebowski's display....if anything, I just crave color!!!!!

Ps my girlfriend just wants me to get a WoZ because she loves the movie.

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why did you have to go and get everybody's hopes up, man? Not cool, bro.

Tomorrow. It has to be tomorrow....right, guys???

This discussion is starting to enter my dreams. "2016 Pirates of the Caribbean VE." Maybe it's time to stop refreshing this thread....

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its happening. Not even interested in the title but the announcement is very soon

And the Rocky Horror rumour is just speculation? From all reports, I was sure the next game would he revealed as Game of Thrones. Would Steve Ritchie spend all this time on Rocky Horror Picture Show???

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

A friend of mine is the owner of "Museum Lichtspiele" cinema in Munich. There they play the Rocky Horror Picture Show since June 1977 every week. I think it's still relevant. And would make a very good game.
I would buy one.
But I still think WINTER IS COMMING!!!!!

Totally agree. I think it's a great title. I remember the first time I saw it on tv as a small child. On tv late at night and I sneakily switched channels and couldn't stop watching...didn't really know what was happening, but it definitely left its mark. Haha

Yeah, I also think winter is coming....

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

If you rotate it..........
Hmmm looks like a playfield to me. The circles look like inserts?

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg

Haha you do realise that this is just a stock image from the Internet? It would be like posting a random picture of clouds and people seeing pictures in them.

See Guenesstime's screen capture above to see where Stern got the pic from.

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

You can even get them in other colors
http://tineye.com/search/0d2d0c91e64f1f080095b56e96ffe21a41ea74ae
"techno-grey-emo-theme"...maybe it is a clue after all, perhaps Rocky Horror is "emo" now.

It's quite clever.....at first look, you think it's immediately Game of Thrones.....but it's currently just a blank slate.

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

lol. That was exactly "The clouds" thing I had in mind.
Dam, caught out by another Aussie

Lol. The shame. At first I thought "I probably sound like a tosser pointing this out".

#854 8 years ago

And we continue the chatter til Tuesday when the pictures are revealed....sadly, all signs point to red dots again?

1 week later
#859 8 years ago

Any Spiderman VE rumour updates?

Just searching youtube for videos of Stern Spiderman and down in the comments, someone said that Spiderman was coming to Farsight's The Pinball Arcade in December 2015.....I Googled this and found no info whatsoever. Just another confused YouTube commenter or could this be the Farsight-Stern link that Jody was talking about in the recent IGN interview?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-will-be-first-got-or-sm-ve?tu=ahdelarge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.