You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 127 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Like Ive said, I heard GB was the old cast. Ecto 1 LE. All kinds of amazing stuff. Wait till you see who's doing the art.

My guess...Zombie Yeti?

Edit: 2nd guess Dirt Donny...?

#402 8 years ago

-My intel tell me GB will have the new cast members... Trying to target the ladies.
-SM VE will be announced shortly
- GOT at Expo
-Next music pin is JimiHendrix art by Dirty Donny

Remember...I said nothing

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:Deleted post

Quoted from TaTa:

Remember...I said nothing

I had forgot you said anything from your first post. Then you said it again and I remembered.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

I agree with Zucot, spiderman will probably have Premium pricing. BOM standpoint, SM was full of METAL (motors to move the bash toys up, coil to shake Goblin, all metal arch catapault vuks behind Sandman and behind Doc Ock, metal wireforms on left and right etc), not to mention art and dot assets Stern also has to pay LICENSING on machines produced to Marvel/Disney, that all adds up. If you look at SM as a whole, it prob is same level BOM wise as Star Trek Premium (minus the RGB LEDs). It's not a plastic full game like Iron Man or any of the more recent Pros.
And as to Metallica being so full at the Pro level, my guess is that it's because they probably had lower licensing costs since that band owns its music outright in full.

What recent cost reductions? SM has 3 plastic ramps, 2 vuks, 1 magnet, 1 moving target bank and 1 moving doc oc. Met Pro has 2 metal ramps, 2 magnets, snake, sparky, inline targets, and a scoop, overall more metal. Licensing is also cheaper than you think, it has little impact on BOM. Stern has yet to release a premium without extra mechanical features, so if they want to slap some spray-painted armor on it and call it a Premium, they are changing their own definition of the model, but it's their perogative... and I'd welcome it. I'm a fan of 1 gameplay platform per theme.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Presumably they get paid to make them.

Well ya of course. Just that I can see them putting it at the end of the line behind all their titles. Which looks like a lot will be going on there soon.

#407 8 years ago

I'm out on anything NIB from Stern, prices are getting out of farking control!

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Next music pin is JimiHendrix art by Dirty Donny

Looks like this could turn out to be awesome!

dirty-donny-hendrix.jpgdirty-donny-hendrix.jpg

#409 8 years ago

Jimi Hendrix & Dirty Donny art......best Stern rumour I've ever heard!!!!!

#410 8 years ago

OK I'm going to pretend the Hendrix thing is happening. Seems weird but let's run down the last few Stern games. I might forget one to two, but I'm just (Little) Winging it here #jimiPun

Iron Man - Brutal. Formerly rare. Future VE victim. Killed the market. Many realized how tough and basic it is.
Tron - pretty much universally liked. Solid sales. Multiple runs.
ACDC - huge music pin hit. Best ever to this point in pinball? Additional production runs added.
Transformers - Waaaaay too much hype. Poor code. Lots of QC issues. Better now than ever but damage done early.
Avengers - Flipping awful.
Metallica - another massive music hit. Additional model and production runs. Still loved.
Star Trek - eh.
The Walking Dead - so so. TWD fans are probably happy but it won't suck in the genpop with gameplay for sure (#SDTM)
Wrestlemania - Well, mostly owned by people with the last name McMahon.
KISS - Solid seller with some issues. New platform issues. #SDTM issues. We will see.

Music pins are successful over the years. Jimi next? Possibly but 2 music pins in a row is not the typical pattern.

PS: I vote SMVE if Stern is reading this!

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Music pins are successful over the years. Jimi next? Possibly but 2 music pins in a row is not the typical pattern.

It wouldn't be two in a row since GoT and SMVE will come between them at a minimum.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Looks like this could turn out to be awesome!
dirty-donny-hendrix.jpg

I would have no option but to buy a Hendrix pin with Dirty Donny doing the art package. No Option!

Quoted from cooked71:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#413 8 years ago

pleeez let it include Hey Joe

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

pleeez let it include Hey Joe

I heard it will definitely have "The Wind Cries Gary"

0.jpg0.jpg

#415 8 years ago

If SMVE is happening then would you want the same villains ? If no then what changes would you make?

#416 8 years ago

OK I'm going to pretend the Hendrix thing is happening. Seems weird but let's run down the last few Stern games. I might forget one to two, but I'm just (Little) Winging it here #jimiPun
Iron Man - Brutal. Formerly rare. Future VE victim. Killed the market. Many realized how tough and basic it is.
Tron - pretty much universally liked. Solid sales. Multiple runs.
ACDC - huge music pin hit. Best ever to this point in pinball? Additional production runs added.
Transformers - Waaaaay too much hype. Poor code. Lots of QC issues. Better now than ever but damage done early.
Avengers - Flipping awful.
Metallica - another massive music hit. Additional model and production runs. Still loved.
Star Trek - eh.
The Walking Dead - so so. TWD fans are probably happy but it won't suck in the genpop with gameplay for sure (#SDTM)
Wrestlemania - Well, mostly owned by people with the last name McMahon.
KISS - Solid seller with some issues. New platform issues. #SDTM issues. We will see.
PS: I vote SMVE if Stern is reading this!

You lost me at Star Trek... I don't even like the show/movies and considered the pin awesome enough to buy.

Look at the other band themes... Other than Elvis (which is an anomaly for more reasons than just this), its older ACTIVE bands.
Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Motorhead and Rush all fit the template of success, a dude that's been dead for 40 years doesn't. I think it'd be a dud of WWE proportions.

#417 8 years ago

Star Trek - eh.
!

*ahem*.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#418 8 years ago

Boy those ratings are more screwed up than ever. LOTR LE is sitting in the Top 10 right along with the normal version. So LOTR is in the Top 10 twice.

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Boy those ratings are more screwed up than ever. LOTR LE is sitting in the Top 10 right along with the normal version. So LOTR is in the Top 10 twice.

I agree. No point in 2 ratings for LOTR. Same with taf honestly. Does SM and BSM have 2?

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Star Trek being in the Top 10 is the most screwed up thing.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#422 8 years ago

I will gladly be paying premium pricing for a comic Spidey with color trim.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I don't think I will. I am a buyer of one of the next two Stern pins if we are right on speculation. I could get a very nice Spiderman blinged out for 5k. For a premium price the SMVE would have to knock my socks off and open my wallet. We shall see if that can be done. If not, I will just hold out for GOT. or hell, I may just buy the old school Spidy...

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Boy those ratings are more screwed up than ever.

Iron Man at 30!?...

#425 8 years ago

Good chance many others would as well. Sucks that it's up there in price but if it has new dots, art, blinged out trim, w/possibility of some new coding all in the spike package it would be worth it IMO. I bet lighting & sound will be greatly enhanced as well. If they kept it at $5800-6000 it would sell a decent amount.

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Good chance many others would as well. Sucks that it's up there in price but if it has new dots, art, blinged out trim, w/possibility of some new coding all in the spike package it would be worth it IMO. I bet lighting & sound will be greatly enhanced as well. If they kept it at $5800-6000 it would sell a decent amount.

I agree. i have a feeling that the ve is going to be pimpin! Possibly with some color changing GI or inserts?

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree. i have a feeling that the ve is going to be pimpin! Possibly with some color changing GI or inserts?

If they port it to Spike I think there is a good chance that would happen.

#428 8 years ago

Now, although I will be paying the money, I do not think they will sell many. My guess is, it becomes the next Luci. I won't be removing mine from the box.

#429 8 years ago

Now, although I will be paying the money, I do not think they will sell many. My guess is, it becomes the next Luci. I won't be removing mine from the box.

I bet it sells as well or better than VEs already out there. But who knows. Even if they make like 500-1000 I think the value would go up a decent amount after the run stopped.

#430 8 years ago

I bet it sells as well or better than VEs already out there.

VEs already out there? There's only one.

Did I miss a release?

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

VEs already out there? There's only one.
Did I miss a release?

Attorneys are such know it alls.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If a rating system has SM at 17 I just go head and ignore all the rankings there in. That's laughable.

#433 8 years ago

If a rating system has SM at 17 I just go head and ignore all the rankings there in. That's laughable.

Really. Everybody knows WOZ should be there.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ain't that the truth. I think Eskaybee must have voted 100 times under different ID's. jk

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ain't that the truth. I think Eskaybee must have voted 100 times under different ID's. jk

Hah! Know what the difference is between STLE at #17 and it now at #9...?

Not a dam thing! Love this pin

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

YES PLEASE!

My avatar expresses my joy over this news

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah! Know what the difference is between STLE at #17 and it now at #9...?
Not a dam thing! Love this pin

I'm just hoping GoT doesn't channel any of that STLE greatness....

#439 8 years ago

Just the thought of a Hendrix pinball is mind blowing--hope it happens! I'd love to be able to select from the original Experience tunes and some later work with Billy Cox (the Maui concert and Woodstock come immediately to mind). Machine Gun from Band of Gypsys and Voodoo Chile (slight return) would have to be in the game, for sure. I'd also incorporate some of Nona Hatay's very cool work.

I own this poster, the colors just pop (unlike this washed-out screen grab).

60_1nona_hatay.jpg60_1nona_hatay.jpg

#440 8 years ago

The worst thing you can do is let.your.pin purchases be influenced by pinside top 100.

#441 8 years ago

Perhaps GOT will be based not on the TV Show and not on the books, perhaps it's based like Tommy on GOT the musical?

#442 8 years ago

My nib pin history is weighted heavily....

Spiderman
ACDC Prem
STLE

WOZ
AMH

Loving me some Steve Ritchie!

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

My nib pin history is weighted heavily....
spiderman
ACDC Prem
STLE
WOZ
AMH
Loving me some Steve Ritchie!

Crazy for me that I could have all all Borg lineup and be very happy with it. I plan to have IM,Tron,Met and possibly a GOT, SM, or Kiss in my lineup very soon. (one Ritchie in all the Borgs)

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Crazy for me that I could have all all Borg lineup and be very happy with it. I plan to have IM,Tron,Met and possibly a GOT, SM, or Kiss in my lineup very soon. (one Ritchie in all the Borgs)

You buying a NIB IMVE soon?

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are certainly mixed reports on the display from various sources, probably Stern sending out various tidbits of false information to various distros and insiders.

Why in the world would Stern send out false info to distributors?

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Leak testing the pipes?

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You buying a NIB IMVE soon?

Nope; he is taking mine. I need my Doctor Who back...urgently!!! I won't be out of the IM club long though.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

To try and keep the surprise open for the LCD release (I hope...).

#449 8 years ago

I think Stern likes to have all this speculation with some truth sprinkled in there being talked about frequently. Gets people excited and cheering for one or another title to be made. Good for business IMO.

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe its great for business to have an LCD display hyped for 8 games in a row, then not deliver it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-will-be-first-got-or-sm-ve/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.