You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 127 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
#151 8 years ago

Game of Thrones gets my vote. Not because I have any intel of use to anyone but just because I want it to come out first!!

#152 8 years ago

I do hope they do GOT first so I can save a few more $ to buy a spidey...

When is the Its Sunny game going to be announced?

tumblr_nbori6pObQ1r4g95fo1_500.giftumblr_nbori6pObQ1r4g95fo1_500.gif

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I do hope they do GOT first so I can save a few more $ to buy a spidey...
When is the Its Sunny game going to be announced?
tumblr_nbori6pObQ1r4g95fo1_500.gif

Would buy....and also hoping GoT takes the crown of LOTR so I have to buy one less game.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Game of Thrones gets my vote. Not because I have any intel of use to anyone but just because I want it to come out first!!

There will be two locally then because I plan to buy a pro.

#155 8 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of when Stern will make an announcement about what game will come out next? I want to get my first NIB and if its GOT or Spiderman VE it will be an instant buy.

#156 8 years ago

According to pinside a year ago, it was LOTR and they were damned sure of it.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No one that usually posts dependable info on Pinside indicated it was coming. Only speculation and desire for it to happen. There is very dependable info shared here you just need to know who to pay attention to.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

i never believed LOTRs would be run while JJP held the Hobbit license. I just refuse to believe JJPs attorney would not have negotiated to disallow Stern from renewing that license during the period of the Hobbit run.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It sucks that people spout nonsense with utter confidence. Nobody would fault someone for hoping for a VE or pushing for a theme they love. Just say that's the case instead of making stuff up and claiming to have an inside source.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Does anyone have an idea of when Stern will make an announcement about what game will come out next? I want to get my first NIB and if its GOT or spiderman VE it will be an instant buy.

The next Stern game is expected to be announced end of August/early September.

According to what distributors have heard, GOT is supposed to come first, followed by SM VE.

Either way, we'll know soon enough when the official announcement is made.

#161 8 years ago

Nobody knows. Not one person called WWE correctly.

#162 8 years ago

Seems like there is going to be a WHOLE lot of newly minted pinball machines coming onto the scene on top of what's already been delivered in the last year.

From Stern we got Mustang, TWD, WWE and KISS, now two more upcoming this year. Throw in TH, TBL, Heighway's pins, JJP#3 and Rob Zombie from the others.

I hope it never stops but it sure feels like the market can't keep absorbing all these new pins, especially of the $9k variety.

The rest of this year should be really interesting!

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

WWE was a sneaky one! Someone mentioned Stern on the WWE license page and shortly after, it was announced.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope it never stops but it sure feels like the market can't keep absorbing all these new pins, especially of the $9k variety.

My fear too...

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The next Stern game is expected to be announced end of August/early September.
According to what distributors have heard, GOT is supposed to come first, followed by SM VE.
Either way, we'll know soon enough when the official announcement is made.

. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to show some patience and not buy anything until then. Lol

#166 8 years ago

Doing another run of iron man vault , then new artwork spiderman........take it to the bank ! IMO

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seems like there is going to be a WHOLE lot of newly minted pinball machines coming onto the scene on top of what's already been delivered in the last year.
From Stern we got Mustang, TWD, WWE and KISS, now two more upcoming this year. Throw in TH, TBL, Heighway's pins, JJP#3 and Rob Zombie from the others.

Hobbit is not threatening coming out in 2015. Game #3 would be about 3 years away at best. Three years is 9-12 Stern games away. Overall, I do agree that a lot of games are coming out. I hope the companies make it.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Hobbit is not threatening coming out in 2015. Game #3 would be about 3 years away at best.

I wish I didn't agree with this but I do.

Quoted from cyclone1234:

Doing another run of Iron Man vault , then new artwork spiderman........take it to the bank ! IMO

Another run of IM VE would be cool. Prices have rised on IM yet again, appears stern keeps underestimating the demand for the title.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

They do know. Talk to your distributor. Do you have a distributor? Have you bought enough games off your distributor to have a good relationship with them?

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

They do know. Talk to your distributor. Do you have a distributor? Have you bought enough games off your distributor to have a good relationship with them?

I have one pin. Only distributor I know sells weed. Just saying NOBODY called WWE, where was the distributor info then?

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I have one pin. Only distributor I know sells weed. Just saying NOBODY called WWE, where was the distributor info then?

You right about WWE because it was an insane choice, also we did call MMR, TWD and IMVE correctly so all in all the Pinside batting average isn't that bad.

#172 8 years ago

We actually called every game from XMen through Star Trek dead on as well, in the proper order to boot...more than a years worth of releases as I recall.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We actually called every game from XMen through Star Trek dead on as well, in the proper order to boot...more than a years worth of releases as I recall.

Isn't it more fun being surprised?

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Isn't it more fun being surprised?

Still surprised. Just earlier.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TBL has been alarmingly quiet since the fiasco some months ago. What's up with that pin?

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There has to be half a dozen other swing and misses though, right? Were Angry Birds and Muppets serious guesses? Avengers was going to have an LCD and didn't Kiss get predicted before AC/DC even came out? I think that one was just a wild-ass guess that came true due to the success of AC/DC and Metallica.

#177 8 years ago

Jurassic World is my bet. Hoping for Ghostbusters in the mix also.

I am expecting SMVE sooner and actually hope that is the case as I dont have any money now and would like either of the other 2 themes.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

There has to be half a dozen other swing and misses though, right? Were Angry Birds and Muppets serious guesses?

Before XMen was announced it was said by many of the posters that are generally in the know and occasionally give us hints that it was going to be XMen, Avengers, unknown music pin, and then Star Trek. Metallica was then disclosed by the same group of posters as the band pin sometime shortly after XMen but many choose to ignore them and proclaim it would be Kiss or Iron Maiden or some other band.

I never heard anyone with insider contacts say anything about muppets or angry birds. A couple did miss on Jaws.

Quoted from TOK:

Avengers was going to have an LCD and didn't Kiss get predicted before AC/DC even came out?

Yea, Stern has stunned us all with how slow they have been to adopt the LCD display. It has been predicted forever but their strong sales must have them slow to make the change.

If GoT's does not have the LCD I may just sit back and wait on the Hobbit (when it is available for instant purchase of course).

#179 8 years ago

SM VE is definitely coming soon.

#180 8 years ago

Hope so, I've got the money sitting around for one if the game proves to be cooler than the original.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

TBL has been alarmingly quiet since the fiasco some months ago. What's up with that pin?

Haven't heard a peep on that one either. Just a list of people that are on pre order.

What's gonna be interesting is if people will pay up for TH and the price increase after all this time? The pin looks amazing and the code will be Keefer phenomenal as usual.

Must be a whole other world out there outside of Pinside, full of people ready to buy TH at those prices. At least Jack thinks so, maybe he's right. Plenty of Pinside people as well.

#182 8 years ago

I would be surprised if they announce a VE next based on Expo timing. Stern has historically announced a new, high priority license the month before Expo and then watched as Marco then showcased those pins at Expo. Just not enough time for a VE and a new game before then. If I was Stern there would be no way I'd miss out on the Expo venue to show case a newly licensed game...

#183 8 years ago

I have ZERO interest in any VE games Stern can come up with. I get the fact they are doing it to keep the line busy and I assume its easy money, not having to create new code and all, but how many people can there really be lining up to buy the VE's?

How did IM VE do? Pump em out, the more the merrier i guess, but it seems most people, if they wanted the original would already have it.

New lighting, that's great, but there is WAY too many great NEW titles coming out to go backwards imho.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I would be surprised if they announce a VE next based on Expo timing. Stern has historically announced a new, high priority license the month before Expo and then watched as Marco then showcased those pins at Expo. Just not enough time for a VE and a new game before then. If I was Stern there would be no way I'd miss out on the Expo venue to show case a newly licensed game...

Agreed, having the game there > announcing the game.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How did IM VE do? Pump em out, the more the merrier i guess, but it seems most people, if they wanted the original would already have it.
New lighting, that's great, but there is WAY too many great NEW titles coming out to go backwards imho.

The nicest thing about the VE titles is there no wait on code. You get a NIB finished product without sitting around for a year or more.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How did IM VE do?

Easiest way to know this is ask the distributors of their NIB inventory. Im guessing they are all gone. Not sure how many more they ran. ~400-500~maybe?

Edit----They run Spiderman again and I bet you get the same result, all distributors will sell that out in a short period of time.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The nicest thing about the VE titles is there no wait on code. You get a NIB finished product without sitting around for a year or more.

That certainly is a unique experience Tiger. Opening up a brand new NIB, with complete code.

I did buy my AC/DC premium NIB, a year after release, with complete code. Yes it felt great! Might as well call it a VE at that stage too right?

#188 8 years ago

I doubt there are any left, except maybe in private hands, like the couple of Tron LEs that showed up for sale years later still NIB.

#189 8 years ago

I'm holding out for an X-Men VE. The code on that should be awesome.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That certainly is a unique experience Tiger. Opening up a brand new NIB, with complete code.
I did buy my AC/DC premium NIB, a year after release, with complete code. Yes it felt great! Might as well call it a VE at that stage too right?

400-500 sounds about right Flanker. I don't think those sales are on top of what they would sell of the upcoming new titles, most of those SM VE's will cannibalize upcoming sales.

Unless there are infinite dollars out there.

F it, meant to edit my original post.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think we will learn if the hobby has grown as much as we think it has grown with all these games being released.

I want an Alien, Hobbit, and GoT (if GoT has an LCD display); but can't afford all three. Being first to market will help one of these manufacturers get my bucks. I think there is enough new blood in the hobby though where all three will sell well though.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think there is enough new blood in the hobby though where all three will sell well though.

Yep, lots of new ballers out there. I do hope they announce Spidey very soon, itching to buy something specific.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I want an Alien, Hobbit, and GoT (if GoT has an LCD display); but can't afford all three.

Man, I am running out of these mythical "dollars" you speak of. TH and Alien on order, Kiss prem coming, plus a TSPP and LOTRLE picked up in the last month. Can I afford GoT? No. Maybe it will be blow-you-away amazing, but I'm thinking it will HAVE to be to get my money at the moment. It probably will be, , and so will SMVE...

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Man, I am running out of these mythical "dollars" you speak of

In America, we just print more, they are everywhere these days, blowing around with the wind on every street.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back in the olden days (last millennium) pinball machines were played on location because no one had them in their house. If more games are coming out than people can afford, maybe they'll be forced to climb out of their basements to find all these amazing new games on location somewhere?

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If more games are coming out than people can afford, maybe they'll be forced to climb out of their basements to find all these amazing new games on location somewhere?

It would be amazing if location pinball could make a real comeback. Simply amazing.

#197 8 years ago

I've never seen a Pinside poll this close with the four choices essentially evenly split at 23-27%. Guess that either means that none of us really have a clue or only 25% are in the club.

#198 8 years ago

My gut and two sources still say GOT is next. Maybe the new game will have finished code...maybe not.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think we will learn if the hobby has grown as much as we think it has grown with all these games being released.
I want an Alien, Hobbit, and GoT (if GoT has an LCD display); but can't afford all three. Being first to market will help one of these manufacturers get my bucks. I think there is enough new blood in the hobby though where all three will sell well though.

I originally got into the hobby with a list of games I wanted to tick off. Now that list is 99% complete and some new release games added along the way, I'm running out of space and it takes longer to save cash due to the prices rising with every release.

Hoping that Game of Thrones surpasses the wow factor of Lord of the Rings and blows everyone away. Had a look at a LOTR in a pub today (couldn't play because the balls were stuck in the sword lock) and wow, that game has some ramps and toys.

With so many great new games coming out, what is everyone doing? Selling off parts of the "old" collection or keep accumulating?

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

With so many great new games coming out, what is everyone doing? Selling off parts of the "old" collection or keep accumulating?

As I've said before, asking my "keepers" some pretty hard questions. And I'm finding that a lot of them don't have the right answers. Selling the old. Probably turning over 60-70% of the collection in the next year. But then, I'm a turner overer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-will-be-first-got-or-sm-ve/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.