You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 127 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Other pinball makers told me GOT its coming but they don't no if it is after kiss.
Its coming for shure.

We all know it's coming, the radio interview with Carice van Houten a while back confirmed that.

Quoted from lowepg:

Much as I want to see a GOT pin, if its not going to feature an LCD and rather just rehash the same 90's tech, I'd just assume it NOT be next.
Bring out some shit title like Jaws or ghost busters (themes that are already 20+ years old) and save the good stuff for later....

How does a display make the "pinball" of the game better for you exactly? As long as the game kicks ass, who cares what the display is?

Would a TZ with a calculator display become a worse game than a GI with a movie theater attached to it?

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Would a TZ with a calculator display become a worse game than a GI with a movie theater attached to it?

Well played. LOL.

#803 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

How does a display make the "pinball" of the game better for you exactly? As long as the game kicks ass, who cares what the display is?

When you play in large groups of people or have parties the display makes a difference. Helps people follow the game more. The display matters big time, especially in home collections.

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When you play in large groups of people or have parties the display makes a difference. Helps people follow the game more. The display matters big time, especially in home collections.

It's a flat out better and a more up to date experience IMO. The DMD is very very dated pinball is still alive and kicking so why don't we get with the times and let pinball evolve? IMO a LCD screen the size of large Sega displays would be perfect. No need to overdo things but there is a need to get with the times.

#805 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

IMO a LCD screen the size of large Sega displays would be perfect. No need to overdo things but there is a need to get with the times.

I think the LCD screen that is on TBL is going to become the widespread standard eventually.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the LCD screen that is on TBL is going to become the widespread standard eventually.

I doubt it. That's a custom cut size. Very spendy.

#807 8 years ago

I'm still waiting for an announcement before I vote in the poll. That way I can say that I voted for the right one.

#808 8 years ago

The screen on Full Throttle kicks Arse!

#809 8 years ago

Get Ready!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#810 8 years ago

Should be fun. Wonder if they will drag this over days.

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I hope not, just get it over with already.

#812 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I fully expect Jared to endulge in and enjoy dragging this out as long as possible.

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

lol really? I've never heard anyone at my place ever comment on an aspect of the display, it's really only looked at at the end of each ball.

If there is one aspect of pinball I really could care less about anyone concentrating on advancement, it's the display, well no, maybe the cab art first, then display.

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I fully expect Jared to endulge in and enjoy dragging this out as long as possible.

I honestly would expect no less. If it pisses people off, so be it, but it's just pinball.

#815 8 years ago

got.pnggot.png

#816 8 years ago

First GoT is cancelled for a Rocky Horror game, and now it's shut down in favor of an internet free clip-art theme game? No thanks.

#817 8 years ago

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.34.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.34.19 PM.png

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Good point.

Why do they even paint the playfield? Why not just leave it white- i mean it doesnt really effect the gameplay, right?
And why all the silly artwork on the cabinet...
And this foolish desire for music and sound....

Yes, aesthetics MATTERS. Pinball is more than a steel ball.

#819 8 years ago

Tomorrow's the day.. Got

#820 8 years ago

The Friday before Labor Day is a bad day to make an announcement unless you are a politician wanting to hide something in a slow news cycle. I'm guessing we won't hear anything until next week. That said, I hope Stern proves me wrong.

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

lol really? I've never heard anyone at my place ever comment on an aspect of the display, it's really only looked at at the end of each ball.
If there is one aspect of pinball I really could care less about anyone concentrating on advancement, it's the display, well no, maybe the cab art first, then display.

Well then you've never had a WOZ. People comment on the display at my place all the time. Then they say, "This must be new". Then they ask how old my Sterns are. I tell then 1-5 years old and they are blown away. They say they look a lot older. Hmmmm....

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Then they ask how old my Sterns are. I tell then 1-5 years old and they are blown away. They say they look a lot older.

I understand, but who cares what other people think? If they don't know anything about pinball which is obvious theres a slim to zero chance they are going to spend 5 to 10K on a NIB pin, I would rather have an alpha numeric display and get better playfield toys, lighting, gameplay etc. display and cabinet are the least important aspects to a pin for me. JMO

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well then you've never had a WOZ. People comment on the display at my place all the time. Then they say, "This must be new". Then they ask how old my Sterns are. I tell then 1-5 years old and they are blown away. They say they look a lot older. Hmmmm....

hmmm, I dunno, I've seen some WoZ playfields that look a lot older than they really are

#824 8 years ago

If you rotate it..........

Hmmm looks like a playfield to me. The circles look like inserts?

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg

#825 8 years ago

That's a loooong playfield. I don't think so.

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

If you rotate it..........
Hmmm looks like a playfield to me. The circles look like inserts?

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg

Haha you do realise that this is just a stock image from the Internet? It would be like posting a random picture of clouds and people seeing pictures in them.

See Guenesstime's screen capture above to see where Stern got the pic from.

#827 8 years ago

You can even get them in other colors

http://tineye.com/search/0d2d0c91e64f1f080095b56e96ffe21a41ea74ae

"techno-grey-emo-theme"...maybe it is a clue after all, perhaps Rocky Horror is "emo" now. A little soon for another emo-themed game, we already got Daryl in AMC®'s The Walking Dead™

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

You can even get them in other colors
http://tineye.com/search/0d2d0c91e64f1f080095b56e96ffe21a41ea74ae
"techno-grey-emo-theme"...maybe it is a clue after all, perhaps Rocky Horror is "emo" now.

It's quite clever.....at first look, you think it's immediately Game of Thrones.....but it's currently just a blank slate.

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Haha you do realise that this is just a stock image from the Internet? It would be like posting a random picture of clouds and people seeing pictures in them.
See Guenesstime's screen capture above to see where Stern got the pic from.

lol. That was exactly "The clouds" thing I had in mind.

Dam, caught out by another Aussie

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

lol. That was exactly "The clouds" thing I had in mind.
Dam, caught out by another Aussie

Lol. The shame. At first I thought "I probably sound like a tosser pointing this out".

#831 8 years ago

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
I hate that chant

#832 8 years ago

Reckon I can see Dragon Heads /Wings .

#834 8 years ago

See I said today was it

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

See I said today was it

Yes, you did. So, when is the New Spider-Man coming then?

#836 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

See I said today was it

But you said that multiple times this week

#837 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm still waiting for an announcement before I vote in the poll. That way I can say that I voted for the right one.

I WAS RIGHT!!! I VOTED FOR GAME OF THRONES AND THERE IS THE PROOF I WAS RIGHT!

#838 8 years ago

Can I vote GoT now?

#839 8 years ago

I have inside info that guarantees SMVE will be announced before GOT......very reliable source....

#840 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I WAS RIGHT!!! I VOTED FOR GAME OF THRONES AND THERE IS THE PROOF I WAS RIGHT!

~If everyone who was right would please state that they were within the next 2 minutes , that would be great.~

#841 8 years ago

and there you have it.

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But you said that multiple times this week

No I said it was coming this week at the beginning of the week. When Friday came obviously it had to be today.

#844 8 years ago

This poll was started so long ago I forgot what I voted for

Hey....I vote for more pinball!

#845 8 years ago

Here's hoping the LE just has bling over the pro.

#846 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Here's hoping the LE just has bling over the pro.

Agreed. My guess is it will be like Star Trek though and the top light show will be LE/Prelium only with only minimal inserts color changing on the pro.

#847 8 years ago

Hope so..someone mentioned the LEs will have different trims for the different houses. These guys are making it hard to go pro but I got my fingers crossed that the Dragon, magnets and stuff are the same on all trims.

#848 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hope so..someone mentioned the LEs will have different trims for the different houses. These guys are making it hard to go pro but I got my fingers crossed that the Dragon and magnets and stuff are the same on all trims.

Im betting the LE/Prem will have many more upgrades/features compared to the Pro. I'm just interested to see pricing.

IMO pricing of new pins has gotten totally out of control and I bet they try and up it again on this one. It's tough to pass on a pin I love but soon I will have to pass on all new pins if the prices continue to climb like this on principle alone. It's getting super close to that point for me.

#849 8 years ago

Everyone's always talking about the dragon, but this is surely a Hobbit-killer with three dragons. That's way more dragons.

#850 8 years ago

In our niche hobby there is enough love for both Hobbit and GoT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-will-be-first-got-or-sm-ve/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.