You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 127 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 8 years ago

how sad is everyone going to be in this thread if they announce Jaws. thats more of a let down for me than no lcd on GoT

#752 8 years ago

I would love a Hendrix pin but I think I am in the minority. I do think that Led Zeppelin and Rush should come first if this ever happens.

#753 8 years ago

Hendrix is awesome, but I don't see anything about him (or some of the other recent music pins) that inherently lends itself to a pinball machine.

I still think a music pin where you *built* the song as you play through the modes would be amazing. It would probably need to be some sort of electronic music (like Infected Mushroom). Just keep adding layers to the track as you accomplish goals of the mode and then when you finally complete the song: bam - multiball!

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how sad is everyone going to be in this thread if they announce Jaws. thats more of a let down for me than no lcd on GoT

If Stern announces Jaws I'm selling all of my games and internal organs to fly to Chicago and hug the whitewood.

#755 8 years ago

Or if they announce Jurrasic World...

#756 8 years ago

Gary is truly giving 0 shits
From Facebook:

"Who here would like a pins and needles dubstep pinball machine? Maybe for our next studio release?

"

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If Stern announces Jaws I'm selling all of my games and internal organs to fly to Chicago and hug the whitewood.

Agreed totally, will sell whatever still works ^^^^^^

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I'm not necessarily the one selling it.
This isn't one that I'm going to vouch for, let's put it that way. But at the same time, there are definitely rumors about this happening.

There were rumors about Hunger Games, Angry Birds and Muppets, too....

#759 8 years ago

Muppets!

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were rumors about Hunger Games, Angry Birds and Muppets, too....

Well the list is actually longer than that if you want it to be. For example, Jaws. Some rumors have more validity than others, depending on the source. I never considered any of the above to be a serious possibility except possibly Hunger Games. Besides, most of those rumors weren't rumors at all, but were merely peoples guesses based on stupid shit Stern would post on their facebook page. That's called speculation, not rumor. Jimmy Hendrix rumors are not the result of anything posted on Stern's FB page.

Would you call Game of Thrones a rumor?

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Of course, but seems solid enough. If it turned out to be false, at least it was believable.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of course, but seems solid enough. If it turned out to be false, at least it was believable.

Thank you! Exactly my point. Some rumors are more valid than others.

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not to add to the rumor mill but I thought a license was confirmed for this title. Or am I confusing it with something else?

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Not to add to the rumor mill but I thought a license was confirmed for this title. Or am I confusing it with something else?

As far as I know, you are confusing it with something else. I have never seen any confirmation of a GoT license to Stern.

That said, I am confident that GoT is coming.

#765 8 years ago

The only thing coming is winter.

#766 8 years ago

Hendrix would sell like hotcakes just like KISS is. Many here seemed to think a KISS pin would do poorly. Seems to be selling pretty darn good.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hendrix would sell like hotcakes just like KISS is. Many here seemed to think a KISS pin would do poorly. Seems to be selling pretty darn good.

Only Kiss haters who aren't being objective would think it would sell poorly. Kiss is a heavily marketed brand with a built in fanbase that buys tons of shit. Hendrix isn't a brand. I just don't think it would work as a game or sell well at all.

#768 8 years ago

This thread has been usurped by "New Stern Pinball" thread.
That crazy thing is on fire.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This thread has been usurped by "New Stern Pinball" thread.
That crazy thing is on fire.

LOL, that thread has bit more comedy in it I think. Isn't taking itself as seriously as this one.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, that thread has bit more comedy in it I think. Isn't taking itself as seriously as this one.

It can't take itself seriously when the OP basically says "I know Stern's next pin and you don't, neener neener!"

#771 8 years ago

If it's actually Rocky Horror, which he's hinting at pretty strongly, I'm going to laugh. A lot.

Or maybe it's all just a dumb joke. Who knows.

#772 8 years ago

It still amazes me, even in this day and age, that Stern is able to keep these themes under wraps. We're all throwing out ridiculous themes and one of them may be correct.

#773 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It still amazes me, even in this day and age, that Stern is able to keep these themes under wraps. We're all throwing out ridiculous themes and one of them may be correct.

Well a fair amount leaks out pretty badly too, so let's not clap them on the back toooo hard.

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

"Who here would like a pins and needles dubstep pinball machine? Maybe for our next studio release? » YouTube video "

RAOTFLMAO. I'll get a pins and needles pinball machine. Only if it has an LCD and this on it....hahahaha

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well a fair amount leaks out pretty badly too, so let's not clap them on the back toooo hard.

I don't know what you're talking about

Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpgWalking-Dead-Pinball.jpg

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don't know what you're talking about
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg

That was awesome.
I loved the DVD insert being the big announcement on that one.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only Kiss haters who aren't being objective would think it would sell poorly. Kiss is a heavily marketed brand with a built in fanbase that buys tons of shit. Hendrix isn't a brand. I just don't think it would work as a game or sell well at all.

I think you are a bit out of touch with the following Hendrix still has. I think it would sell well you don't no biggie man.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay well I think it is safe to just say I totally disagree with you and allow the discussion to move on. I think it would sell well you don't no biggie man.

Hendrix isn't a brand, Hendrix is god.

#779 8 years ago

GOT is done and dusted. Announcement in next couple days. Pros shipping soon. A nice big F U to jack who hasnt got the first clue at the moment. Sales and pre orders on TH will get hammered.

#780 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

GOT is done and dusted. Announcement in next couple days. Pros shipping soon. A nice big F U to jack who hasnt got the first clue at the moment. Sales and pre orders on TH will get hammered.

Is this just a wish or something that's actually happening.

#781 8 years ago

Steve Ritchie, licensed games, display screens. He called for the display in T2 and James Cameron called for him, hours meeting to discuss his vision for the pinball. Daily video and audio, full dailies, sent to Williams under heavy NDA. A true fan of Terminator, Steve seems to have relished the experience. He felt that a display screen was necessary and vital.

Hoping for something like that again. Playfield laid out with Season 6 / things unreleased in book form. He'd do it for the spoilers, it's as valuable to be in on the spoilers as Terminator was. I have hopes that history will repeat. LFS on software because you know it's right.

#782 8 years ago

Angry muppets it is then.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Is this just a wish or something that's actually happening.

Its happening. Not even interested in the title but the announcement is very soon

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its happening. Not even interested in the title but the announcement is very soon

And the Rocky Horror rumour is just speculation? From all reports, I was sure the next game would he revealed as Game of Thrones. Would Steve Ritchie spend all this time on Rocky Horror Picture Show???

#785 8 years ago

A friend of mine is the owner of "Museum Lichtspiele" cinema in Munich. There they play the Rocky Horror Picture Show since June 1977 every week. I think it's still relevant. And would make a very good game.
I would buy one.

But I still think WINTER IS COMMING!!!!!

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

A friend of mine is the owner of "Museum Lichtspiele" cinema in Munich. There they play the Rocky Horror Picture Show since June 1977 every week. I think it's still relevant. And would make a very good game.
I would buy one.
But I still think WINTER IS COMMING!!!!!

Totally agree. I think it's a great title. I remember the first time I saw it on tv as a small child. On tv late at night and I sneakily switched channels and couldn't stop watching...didn't really know what was happening, but it definitely left its mark. Haha

Yeah, I also think winter is coming....

#787 8 years ago

So still nothing? I can't be bothered fishing through all the what if/VE/new stern is (I think)/ threads.

#788 8 years ago

If there were news, it would be pretty obvious. The past 50 posts would all be on-topic.

#789 8 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if Stern announced the date the new title would be released? Seems like good business to me...

#790 8 years ago

I've heard nothing and know nothing, which pretty much makes me the expert on this topic.

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I've heard nothing and know nothing, which pretty much makes me the expert on this topic.

So you're saying that Stern are gonna throw a curveball and release this:

Capture.jpgCapture.jpg

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If there were news, it would be pretty obvious. The past 50 posts would all be on-topic.

It'll be real obvious when it is confirmed.

First off there will be at least 20 new Johnny-on-the-Spot threads announcing "look what I know".

Followed by

Who is buying (x)
Should I get the (x) LE or pro
Are they announcing a premium for (x)
Should I sell my preorder on (y) to get (x)
Who has the best price on (x)
What is the next game after (x)

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

It'll be real obvious when it is confirmed.
First off there will be at least 20 new Johnny-on-the-Spot threads announcing "look what I know".
Followed by
Who is buying (x)
Should I get the (x) LE or pro
Are they announcing a premium for (x)
Should I sell my preorder on (y) to get (x)
Who has the best price on (x)
What is the next game after (x)

For sure. Kids gotta play and hop aboard the hype train.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#794 8 years ago

Whatever or whenever it happens, I'm looking forward to Jared revealing all the clues that were planted for months now in various facebook posts.

#795 8 years ago

Other pinball makers told me GOT its coming but they don't no if it is after kiss.
Its coming for shure.

#796 8 years ago

Sterns latest Facebook post: When asked to share the next title.

Stern Pinball - Where does everyone get these wild ideas from? Is there anything that we said publicly in the last few days or even the last few weeks that would officially indicate that we were about to do a new release? Rumors are interesting.

#797 8 years ago

Much as I want to see a GOT pin, if its not going to feature an LCD and rather just rehash the same 90's tech, I'd just assume it NOT be next.

Bring out some shit title like Jaws or ghost busters (themes that are already 20+ years old) and save the good stuff for later....

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I still think a music pin where you *built* the song as you play through the modes would be amazing. It would probably need to be some sort of electronic music (like Infected Mushroom). Just keep adding layers to the track as you accomplish goals of the mode and then when you finally complete the song: bam - multiball!

Frequency / Rez / Amplitude pinball?

Where the hell do I sign up?

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Hendrix is awesome, but I don't see anything about him (or some of the other recent music pins) that inherently lends itself to a pinball machine.

Closest thing I ever saw to that was "Heavy Metal Meltdown" (Mid 80s Bally), it would play different riffs when you hit specific switches.

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sterns latest Facebook post: When asked to share the next title.
Stern Pinball - Where does everyone get these wild ideas from? Is there anything that we said publicly in the last few days or even the last few weeks that would officially indicate that we were about to do a new release? Rumors are interesting.

I saw this. All this hype, and no one bothered to check to see if stern said they were going to say anything?

Well done pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 25.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-will-be-first-got-or-sm-ve/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.