You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which gets announced by Stern first?”

• Game of Thrones 126 votes
    34%
  • Spider Man VE 84 votes
    22%
  • Neither, Stern will announce something else first (Jurassic Park, Jaws, whatever) 72 votes
    19%
  • I hate speculation, but I do like to vote in polls 93 votes
    25%

(375 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11027936_10153568436059244_4022253047838240425_n.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-03_at_9.34.19_PM.png
got.png
image.jpg
images.jpg
Capture.jpg
th.jpeg
Walking-Dead-Pinball.jpg
tease.png
2ball.jpg
game-of-thrones.jpg
20150901_115955-2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 4 years ago

So, Game of Thrones seems to be the worst kept secret since Star Trek. It seems to be coming.

Spider Man VE with fresh art work and dots also seems to be a poorly kept secret.

With Kiss LE finally shipping, the question is which of the two poorly kept secrets gets officially announced by Stern first? Game of Thrones or Spider Man VE?

#2 4 years ago

Spiderman ve

#3 4 years ago

Spider-Man will be first. It will buy them time.

#4 4 years ago

How can either of them really be first when we know AC/DC Luci is going to be run right now? Probably followed by a $2500 Seawitch VE.

#5 4 years ago

It is Jaws.

#6 4 years ago

That Kiss playfield sure screams a Jaws re-theme with that huge Gene Simmons head.... that eats and spits out balls.

#7 4 years ago

I'd guess a VE to provide a nice break in-between two major original releases (Kiss and GoT).

#8 4 years ago

Christmas VE title (like when they did re-runs of Tron, AC/DC Luci etc) and Game of Thrones before it just in time for Pinball Expo?

Or what about the current left field speculation for a Batman VE? Spidey now and Batman before Xmas?

#9 4 years ago

I would go for VE sandwiched in between the main new releases, too. With Kiss hurried up a little that would make sense to fill the gap and take the pressure off GoT. VE is definite this year.

#10 4 years ago

First I've heard of that......dont even remember the first version.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First I've heard of that......dont even remember the first version.

You know, your grandma gave you undies and hankies and the same thing happened again a few years later....then multiball.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

You know, your grandma gave you undies and hankies and the same thing happened again a few years later....then multiball.

Would be an instant classic

#13 4 years ago

Spiderman then GoT....Richie is making sure this one is done right.

#14 4 years ago

GoT. It's been a long time since Richie's last pin and my guess is they don't want to siphon pin $'s away from a new release. And doubt Steve would want SM competing with his new machine.

#15 4 years ago

Wow, these SMVE rumours have quickly become fact.

#16 4 years ago

I really hope at some point someone (Stern, JJP, Heighway, Dutch etc...) produces a Jaws themed pinball...
16-1.jpg

#17 4 years ago

They barely got Kiss out the door yet!

#18 4 years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say neither. I think everyone is being Jedi mind-f*cked and the next Stern will be a random game out of left field.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say neither. I think everyone is being Jedi mind-f*cked and the next Stern will be a random game out of left field.

WCW?

#20 4 years ago

Explain how these are "poorly kept secrets" all you guys do is jerk off over Jarred's cryptic Facebook posts, take them as fact, and walk around like Gary stern himself showed you his business plan. This is all pinside is recently, a Buncha know nothing's talking out their ass about shit they made up. And the worst part is, you jagweeds actually believe that the more you clamor for something, the higher up it moves on sterns priority list. Every week for the last two years there's been some new "proof" that GoT, smve, or jaws is already on the loading dock, and yet, no concrete anything from the people who actually make the games. Just be patient, and be excited for whatever comes next.

#21 4 years ago

I would guess based on speculation, that it will be SMVE, ACDC VE, Tron VE, LOTR VE, then Batman VE, and followed closely behind them...GoT. They may slip some Jaws in there somewhere as well. All before the years end. Why not? They have a bigger facility now.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from stainedundies:

Explain how these are "poorly kept secrets" all you guys do is jerk off over Jarred's cryptic Facebook posts, take them as fact, and walk around like Gary stern himself showed you his business plan. This is all pinside is recently, a Buncha know nothing's talking out their ass about shit they made up. And the worst part is, you jagweeds actually believe that the more you clamor for something, the higher up it moves on sterns priority list. Every week for the last two years there's been some new "proof" that GoT, smve, or jaws is already on the loading dock, and yet, no concrete anything from the people who actually make the games. Just be patient, and be excited for whatever comes next.

buncha jagweeds around here!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They barely got Kiss out the door yet!

Yep. Gotta love Stern. The only pin manufacturer who we can speculate about how many titles they are going to cram into one year.

#24 4 years ago

Based on a discussion I had with a distributor, I'm guessing GoT will be next. BTW, I like the last poll option.

#25 4 years ago

Naming my next child Jagweed.
We'll call him Zig Zag Jag.

#26 4 years ago

That was pretty rough, but gotta agree. The only thing more annoying than constant Facebook teases that never pan out is people here spouting what they hope is coming next as fact. Never saw a forum with so many outsiders pretending to be in the loop.

I think the Jaws rumors came from one guy. The "proof" pics that were posted of a playfield toy for Jaws (the bulgy-eyed half eaten guy that pops out of the Orca fishing boat) actually turned out to be a fish tank zombie head for Walking Dead. What a giant crock of crap.

#27 4 years ago

Explain how these are "poorly kept secrets" all you guys do is jerk off over Jarred's cryptic Facebook posts, take them as fact, and walk around like Gary stern himself showed you his business plan.

I've not spoken to Jared about these matters. Most people with "semi-legit" inside info get the info from their distributor if they have a good relationship with them and if their distributor is one of the larger ones and goes regularly to visit with Stern.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. Gotta love Stern. The only pin manufacturer who we can speculate about how many titles they are going to cram into one year.

I'll go start the GoT Where's the Code Thread. Better get an early start on that as well.

#29 4 years ago

Hmmm
image.jpg

#30 4 years ago

Thicker gauge wire? LOL

Is that actually a thing I haven't heard of? Or are they just blatantly making things up for their ad?

#31 4 years ago

Any chance it's Jagweed?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Any chance it's Jagweed?

Quick someone make a new Pinside user name....

#33 4 years ago

Another Cointaker dump before VE is announced?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thicker gauge wire? LOL
Is that actually a thing I haven't heard of? Or are they just blatantly making things up for their ad?

I thought Data East used a thinner gauged wire than Bally/Williams back in the day, but I have no clue what Spike uses as oppose to SAM (or was Spiderman Whitestar?).

Maybe Spike can use a thinner gauge wire because LEDs draw much less of a current?

I don't care what gauge of wire a machine uses as long as it is the correct one for the amount of electricity traveling through it. Why you'd advertise it as a pro is strange.

"This machine draws twice as much current as the newer more efficient one!"

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I thought Data East used a thinner gauged wire than Bally/Williams back in the day, but I have no clue what Spike uses as oppose to SAM (or was spiderman Whitestar?).
Maybe Spike can use a thinner gauge wire because LEDs draw much less of a current?
I don't care what gauge of wire a machine uses as long as it is the correct one for the amount of electricity traveling through it. Why you'd advertise it as a pro is strange.
"This machine draws twice as much current as the newer more efficient one!"

What's crazy is they are comparing it to the later run of Spiderman...which was on the same system...not something new. I'd be pretty dumbfounded if they actually changed the wire gauge between the runs.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

That was pretty rough, but gotta agree. The only thing more annoying than constant Facebook teases that never pan out is people here spouting what they hope is coming next as fact. Never saw a forum with so many outsiders pretending to be in the loop.
I think the Jaws rumors came from one guy. The "proof" pics that were posted of a playfield toy for Jaws (the bulgy-eyed half eaten guy that pops out of the Orca fishing boat) actually turned out to be a fish tank zombie head for Walking Dead. What a giant crock of crap.

You just need to know who actually gets solid reliable information and filter out the rest. There are some that seem to be spot on most of the time. Others like to speculate/anticipate what's next and there's nothing wrong with that.

That NIB SM is close to me makes me roll my eyes every time I see it. To hold it this long in the box then try to cash in before a VE hits is kinda lame IMO.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

No one that owns a Capcom think it's a good thing. Constantly snapping off connections.

Spot on with the Jagweed comments though. Pinsiders talk themselves in all sorts of shit in a hurry. New facebook activities are the worst.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Any chance it's Jagweed?

YES! You guessed correctly, per my very reliable neighborhood junkie, he was on a mix of LSD, crack and huffing ether when he hallucinated about playing a hero pinball about a spider with a sword fighting a dinosaur with the head of a shark... all set in space. He specifically said the main hero was Jagweed, the dark jedi trained by Darth Kermit of the Lilly Pad Order.

And his hallucinations are like premonitions; they always come true.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I get where his comments are coming from. The first time you pop the playfield of a new $5k Stern and see cheesy plastic clips holding LED's that appear to be wired just like the lowest quality Chinese Christmas lights, you might freak out a little bit. I have 2 new Sterns now and they've been OK (I actually love the way they play), but they look almost comically underbuilt compared to the old stuff.

#41 4 years ago

YES! You guessed correctly, per my very reliable neighborhood junkie, he was on a mix of LSD, crack and huffing ether when he hallucinated about playing a hero pinball about a spider with a sword fighting a dinosaur with the head of a shark... all set in space. He specifically said the main hero was Jagweed, the dark jedi trained by Darth Kermit of the Lilly Pad Order.
And his hallucinations are like premonitions; they always come true.

I think I heard about that one but it's coming out after Tron VE..I'm pretty sure.

#42 4 years ago

My guess is GOT, but I would love a SMVE. Of course I can only afford one of the two. I truly hope somebody local buys the other. (Hint...Tigerlaw)

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

My guess is GOT, but I would love a SMVE. Of course I can only afford one of the two. I truly hope somebody local buys the other. (Hint...Tigerlaw)

I'd be hard pressed to pass up a GoT pin if there is ANY innovation from Stern (please Stern, release the LCD display with GoT!!!!!).

I think SM VE is announced in two weeks with GoT's announced in September. That is my prediction.

#44 4 years ago

I'm actually excited to see what GoT would look like. A few of my friends keep telling me that I must watch the series (I haven't seen an episode yet). They way they describe the series, is the way I describe the new Star Trek movies…So for their sake, I hope this is the game that gets them into pinball.

#45 4 years ago

For what's it worth. Just bought my first pin (thanks Nick!). The kids really enjoyed it so wanted to start a collection. Since Im new, and not an expert on refurbishing, focused on NIB.

Called up some Stern dealers for some kid friendly Marvel themes. None had had existing inventory (or only LEs)

Regarding what I was looking for, 2 predicted Stern will produce a Spiderman VE and 2 predicted another Ironman release (I thought was interesting).

#46 4 years ago

Actually, all my information comes from distributors. There are conduits of information for people in the world that are not Facebook you know.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd be hard pressed to pass up a GoT pin if there is ANY innovation from Stern (please Stern, release the LCD display with GoT!!!!!).
I think SM VE is announced in two weeks with GoT's announced in September. That is my prediction.

2 weeks huh? Hmm.

#48 4 years ago

My biggest concern over GoT is that the story is at a very unfinished state right now. I mean nothing is settled. So how do you beat the game? What would a wizard mode be like? Its seems like if the rules and objectives follow the story, you pretty much get your ass kicked no matter what side/team/person you play as (except maybe the white walkers). It should be interesting to see how they work this with the modes and rules.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

2 predicted another Ironman release (I thought was interesting).

That would be interesting. I'd sell my VE and go refinery edition VE if they ever run IM again. My guess is it would be a small run around 250 or so.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My biggest concern over GoT is that the story is at a very unfinished state right now. I mean nothing is settled. So how do you beat the game? What would a wizard mode be like? Its seems like if the rules and objectives follow the story, you pretty much get your ass kicked no matter what side/team/person you play as (except maybe the white walkers). It should be interesting to see how they work this with the modes and rules.

Yea I can't imagine the modes for a GOT game. Hodor multiball? Red Wedding mode? Ned Stark decapitation mode? You know nothing Jon Snow timed mode to make it with the red head in the hot spring? I can't see it.

It's not like a journey story like Lord of the Rings. There's no final battle scene.

I'm sure they can add more modes with code updates (sucks to wait) but I dont think it's a theme that will translate well onto a pin. My two cents.

Now a comic inspired Spider Man theme.....hell yes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 859 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside