(Topic ID: 310777)

Which Weird Al are you getting? And what are you getting with it?

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which version of Weird Al do you plan to purchase? Would you like an extra module with that?”

• P3 + Weird Al with LE add-on package 32 votes
      26%
    • P3 + Weird Al Standard 8 votes
      7%
    • I already have a P3, getting a Weird Al module with LE add-on package only 9 votes
      7%
    • I already have a P3, getting a Weird Al Standard module only 9 votes
      7%
    • I'm also going to pickup the Heist module 18 votes
      15%
    • I'm also going to pickup the Cosmic Cart Racing module 5 votes
      4%
    • I'm also going to pickup the Lexy Lightspeed Module 6 votes
      5%
    • I'm also going to pickup the Cannon Lagoon Module 7 votes
      6%
    • Obligatory "I'm getting nothing" option for those who still feel the need to vote 29 votes
      24%

(Multiple choice - 123 votes by 93 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3 Order (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I see these threads for other games all the time and thought it might be fun to have one for Weird Al.
    Which version of Weird Al's Natural Museum of Hilarity are you planning to purchase with your P3?
    Maybe you already have a P3 and just need the Weird Al module?
    Will you pick up any of the other existing playfield modules while you are at it?

#2 2 years ago

Vote has been cast!

#3 2 years ago

I forgot to add a "Cannon Lagoon" option , but I've asked Robin to add it.

#4 2 years ago

Watched the reveal on YouTube and got a Centrum Silver ad

#5 2 years ago

Oops, just added the Cannon Lagoon option, so you guys who voted "nothing" might need to change your vote, sorry .

#6 2 years ago

I put a deposit down for a P3 a couple months ago.
    I’m going with Cosmic Cart , Lexy, Rocs, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and Ranger In The Ruins.
    I’m a big theme guy and Heist and Weird Al just don’t appeal to me. I am, however, happy to see that a lot of people are really excited about the new release. If it drives sales of the P3 then we all win , as more new game kits will be produced. The P3 has so much potential.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vandy89:

I put a deposit down for a P3 a couple months ago.
    I’m going with Cosmic Cart , Lexy, Rocs, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and Ranger In The Ruins.

as the voice for the Sorcerer, glad to hear you want it!
    Gerry, Multimorphic and the team knock all the games out of the park and I am so glad of the awesome company they are!

#8 2 years ago

I've always run older, cheaper machines at my arcade, but recently stepped it up.... Been looking around at new machines....
    I don't care for Marvel or the music themes that have been coming out....

Then this found me. I wasn't even looking for this, but I need.
    I also wasn't excited about P3 at all, but I am now.

Should I buy the LE for a public location, I am going to.

Before I kept forgetting multimorphic even existed... I don't own a Stern, but will have a multimorphic (and an American Pinball)

This is the most excited I've been about a new game in a long time.

#9 2 years ago

Really want to play this first.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vandy89:

I’m a big theme guy and Heist and Weird Al just don’t appeal to me. I am, however, happy to see that a lot of people are really excited about the new release.

Interesting, I guess you are a space and fantasy guy. The P3 has something for everyone.

#11 2 years ago

What is the linked head to head game called? Thanks.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

What is the linked head to head game called? Thanks.

That's Cosmic Cart Racing.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

That's Cosmic Cart Racing.

Maybe he was thinking of Heads Up? That hasn't been released publicly yet though.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Maybe he was thinking of Heads Up? That hasn't been released publicly yet though.

Right, so there are currently 2 games which allow head-to-head play:
    1. Cosmic Cart Racing is a cart racing game (obviously) where you can race against others online. It has it's own module which also supports other non head-to-head games like CCR career mode, Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ranger in the Ruins.
    2. Heads Up, an unreleased head-to-head game played on the Cannon Lagoon module. This game has been in development for ages but has not yet been made available for purchase:

#15 2 years ago

Orders open tomorrow morning:

P3 Order (resized).jpgP3 Order (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago

Bumping this for those who ordered today.

#17 2 years ago

LE and nothing else

#18 2 years ago

I'm getting one full machine with the LE kit, one full machine with the standard WAMoNH, a third WAMoNH game module for my current P3, and another CCR module. Some lucky New Zealand fan will get the chance to buy the LE machine, and the other complete machine will be added to the existing P3 in my showroom. Side-by-side head-to-head CCR ftw!

...makes me hope there's a networked play feature in WAM.

Added over 2 years ago:

Welp - that was quick. The LE sold less than 48 hours after I confirmed the order. Nice!

1 week later
    #19 2 years ago

Thanks. Head to head is the game I played at the Houston Arcade show. I was unaware that this title was not released. I thought it was a lot of fun.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Thanks. Head to head is the game I played at the Houston Arcade show. I was unaware that this title was not released. I thought it was a lot of fun.

There are plans to release it, but I think Al and the other recent upgrades (flippers, for example) are taking precedence. It’s a Very fun game playing next to someone else, and as there aren’t too many examples of dual P3s in the wild, perhaps some day there will be internet connected matches. I’d love it if they added camera/audio chat support somehow

#21 2 years ago

I think the plans include Internet game play... But as you stated current game dev takes precedent.

That said, I also think heads up Isnt as fun without the person being right next to you. I'd love to find out for real tho.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-weird-al-are-you-getting-and-what-are-you-getting-with-it?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.