Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wax3 (resized).jpg
    wax1 (resized).jpg
    wax2 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    61MNVyslRDL._SL1000_.jpg
    IMG_4798.JPG
    IMAG0447.jpg
    wax.png
    solarez.jpg
    174064[1].jpg
    thCA4E8N21-115.jpg
    Eagle One.jpg
    41jgX637brL._SY300_.jpg
    image-439.jpg
    Residue.jpg
    Wax.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago

The new high tech synthetic waxes, usually leave no residue. Generally they do not stick to plastics either. These products contain petroleum distillate, and some form of silicone. They will hold up, but not as good as carnauba.

Think of the wax as a sacrificial layer, between the ball and your playfield. 2 or 3 thin layers applied and removed between applications, will be better than 1 thick coat. The thicker the coat, the harder it will be to remove.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I read your post completely wrong. What you said is accurate.

Thanks. I am an auto detailer, I have been doing this since 1982. The new products that are advertised as quick to use, usually do not hold up. The use of a wax/polymer on a pinball machine is important.

At work we rarely use paste carnauba. We use the new polymers. On my pins, I always use a Carnauba. It takes longer to use, but playfields are not as large as a black Escalade.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Here's a picture of my "grainy wax" and a picture of what kind of residue it leaves

Your wax may have been frozen at one time, it does not look good. Time for some new stuff.

1 month later
    #89 10 years ago

This is what 100% Carnauba looks like. thCA4E8N21-115.jpgthCA4E8N21-115.jpg
    So if the say it is 100% Carnauba, you should not be able to pour it, or spray it on to any thing. These companies are writing that the carnauba they are using is 100% pure. What is inside the bottle is not 100% carnauba. Even the paste waxes will have some small amount of solvent in them to make the wax spreadable.

wax.pngwax.png
    Here is a raw sample.

#91 10 years ago

You may have indeed eaten carnauba wax. Some chocolate companies use in their products.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-wax-for-the-playfield?tu=darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.