(Topic ID: 193520)

Which volume pot for coin door on Bally 6803 games?

By frunch

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20170715_19_04_27_Pro (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I'm helping my friend with his newly acquired Black Belt, and we need to replace the coin door volume pot (in addition to the 1k pot on the sound board)... Couldn't find the ohm value of the pot in the manual, can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Can't find value of remote volume pot listed in my motordome manual either (unless I'm missing it)...does the current pot have the value stanped on it by chance?

#3 6 years ago

I never thought to look! I'll have my friend get a good look at it and report back.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I'm helping my friend with his newly acquired Black Belt, and we need to replace the coin door volume pot (in addition to the 1k pot on the sound board)... Couldn't find the ohm value of the pot in the manual, can anyone tell me what it is?
Thanks!

Just meter the two outside leads on the existing pot and that will tell you the value (remove the wire leads first).

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just meter the two outside leads on the existing pot and that will tell you the value (remove the wire leads first).

Not necessarily if it is totally open type bad, but if its just a worn wiper, then certainly should...or at least close.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I never thought to look! I'll have my friend get a good look at it and report back.

If it is a metal cased pot like I'm thinking, values are usually stamped into metal case of pot.

#7 6 years ago

The -35 models had a 100 ohm, 5W pot.

#8 6 years ago

My buddy's meter isn't working, so we're gonna go with Mk1Mod0's suggestion (100 ohm/5 watt) for the order I'm putting together. I'll be sure to check the original pot for resistance before i swap it out, just to be sure. Thanks for the assistance, everyone! I'll follow up when we install the new part.

#9 6 years ago

Just checked Marco and the Pinball Resource, both have 100 ohm/2 watt pots. Will that suffice, or should i pick up a 100 ohm/5 watt somewhere else?

#10 6 years ago

If it mounts in a bracket it might matter a bunch.

WP_20170715_19_04_27_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170715_19_04_27_Pro (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

It does mount to a bracket in the coin door. Here's the one i found at Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/XO-199

#12 6 years ago

Looks to be 3/8". If the hole is that big and not much bigger you should be fine.

#13 6 years ago

Thanks! I sent him the link for the one i linked from Marco. I'll follow up once we test it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-volume-pot-for-coin-door-on-bally-6803-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.