(Topic ID: 54998)

Which version of the song "pinball wizard" do you like best ?

By out_of_order

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jespo_19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which version of "pinball wizard" do you like best”

• Elton John 5 votes
      36%
    • The Who 9 votes
      64%

(14 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I have always liked both versions, but have thought the version from the movie "tommy" was my favorite of the two.

Elton John's version

The Who's version

#3 10 years ago

Neither ....

I have always changed the station when it would come on...

#4 10 years ago

They're both great! I like how on the Elton version the main riff is done on the piano instead of the guitar. As a piano player, this has always appealed to me. I remember back in the early 90's being very frustrated by the fact that the movie soundtrack wasn't available on CD.

#5 10 years ago

If Elton were to freak out, pick up the piano over his head and smash it, I might be swayed but otherwise it's the Who.

#6 10 years ago

The Who.

#8 10 years ago

tenacious d's "tommy" kicks all kinds of ass....saw it live...JB and KG rule

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-version-of-the-song-pinball-wizard-do-you-like-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.