19%
  • Premium 17 votes
    65%
  • Neither 4 votes
    15%

(26 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

Hey all,

Played the original premium often but never the pro.
Always considered this title but now just confused.

With both VE's out and with some changes which got better?
What is your opinion on the models now?

Thanks for input!

#2 2 years ago

I haven’t played the Pro VE, but I bought the Premium VE, so I must vote for the Premium. However, I haven’t heard a negative comment from anyone who has played the new Pro around here. AC/DC rocks in either version!!!

#3 2 years ago

Ball save bump

#4 2 years ago

I played the pro, and it's a definite upgrade over original. The premium however, I would rather have a mint original easily over the ve, but the ve is a great option for those wanting a great game.

#5 2 years ago

I bought the Pro VE.

That's partly cost - I struggle with the extra money for the Premium, but it's not all about the money.

I've played the old Premium a lot at friends' places. I just don't get on with the lower mini-playfield, and the drop targets seem to slow play down a bit too.

For me, the Pro plays faster and better. Add in the new swinging bell, the LEDs, and that they've got rid of "The Face," makes it a big a big upgrade. Soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it.

But wow, the Premium does look great, no denying it. If you don't mind the price difference then I guess it all depends on whether you like the mini-playfield. Some folks do, some don't.

#6 2 years ago

The pro ve is definitely an upgrade over the original but I'll take my luci any day over the premium ve.

#7 2 years ago

I purchased the Pro VE and added a original 'Luci translight. Big improvement over the original in play and that ugly ass Angus face on the original was flat out horrible, The VE would have really been cool with hand drawn art on playfield but still better than Angus looking like he's taking a shit.

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

#9 2 years ago

I went Pro VE. Mostly because I liked hearing people complain about how unfair the Pro could be. It’s fast and I find it a lot of fun.

A friend of mine played it the other day, and he decided on a Premium. Both are great games, so whichever you decide, it will work out well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside