11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1084.JPG
#2 11 years ago

The problem I've always had with this mod (and most other TZ mods) is they are so overpriced.

And number four, just so people know, that is made out of a pencil sharpener (same as the slot machine mod)... I bought a few off of eBay to make the mod myself and the die-cast sharpener was around $5.00. So you're paying $100+ for a mod that is made out of $7.50 of parts (and doesn't take long to make, so labor cost is nothing).

But from the list, I would go with #5 (the first two look cheap, but don't have the correct pricing), #3 you said is too bright, #4 is huge (it doesn't look bad in the photos, but when it's in there it takes up a lot of real-estate).

#3 11 years ago

#1 looks like it may be #3 just marked up in price. I know PDI buys the Piano mods from PinballPro and marks them up.

#4 11 years ago

I think this is the best rocket mod I've seen (based on pics). But only available from Spain. Anywhere to buy this locally?
ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL ROCKET SHIP ORANGE BASE LIGHT pinball mod add on

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The problem I've always had with this mod (and most other TZ mods) is they are so overpriced.

This.

I'm sorry, I know most of these mods are just repurposed toys or keychains that are usually less than $5 that somebody's just gone and added LED's to.

#6 11 years ago

#2 is actually my mod that pinball decals somehow got and decided to mold and copy it. I was charging $15 for it. If you want to wait until next month, I can hook you up with a camera that looks exactly like the playfield picture for about $60. You can check out my past threads on the camera mod. I'm using a computer program to design it and I'm having it made in plastic from those designs. IMG_1084.JPGIMG_1084.JPG

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

#2 is actually my mod that pinball decals somehow got and decided to mold and copy it.

Seriously? I mean I remember your threads aboot making them...This place is ripping you off?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seriously? I mean I remember your threads aboot making them...This place is ripping you off?

Yeah, but it's really water under the bridge now. I was making these during my times over at RGP, so the threads about those cameras in particular are over at RGP somewhere. There's really nothing I can do about it. I'm making more complex mods now that I came to know I could use my CAD skills to make these things. Those older cameras started as clay models I made and then were cast in resin and painted. The pinball decals cameras have bubbles and strange rounded edges that mine didn't have, so I'm guessing they were made without the use of a vacuum or pressure chamber. Anyways, I was charging $15. The price at this place makes me cringe, and coming to know that some people have actually purchased them at that price makes me feel even worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-tz-camera-mod-do-you-prefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.