Topic poll

“Keep CC SE or Godzilla Premium ”

• Keep CC SE 17 votes
    20%
  • Keep Godzilla Premium 67 votes
    80%

(84 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I have to rehab a small house that I currently live in. Want some opinions. I have a Cactus Canyon SE that I love, and I have a Godzilla Premium that I have yet to unbox. I only have room for 1 keeper for the next 2 years, I will build myself a bigger home, by fall of 2024. Most of the current contents of current home will have to be moved into storage between now and January of 2023. Given those parameters which one of those two would you keep now? I love CC, and have not played Godzilla yet, but all indicators say I would love that also.

#2 1 year ago

Get rid of the one in that box that is ready to go.

Replace it later when you can.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Keep both!.... Get rid of the bed and sleep on the floor..... Or under the machines if you have to!

#4 1 year ago

My real reservation about parting with Godzilla Premium, is that in a couple of years, it will cost me a couple more grandads...

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Keep both!.... Get rid of the bed and sleep on the floor..... Or under the machines if you have to!

Lol....

#6 1 year ago

Godzilla very easily.

#7 1 year ago

Go play Cactus a couple more times and beat it, then you’ll be ok letting it go to keep the best pinball machine ever. GODZILLA

#8 1 year ago

These are my favorite threads ...

#9 1 year ago

Put Godzilla in the storage. 2023 will be here before you know it.

#10 1 year ago

I would keep CC. That said, I do not like GZ. Yes, I am the oddball and Im ok with that. CC has new code coming and Between the OG code, updated code, and yet to be seen code, you have a few options in one game.

#11 1 year ago

If you’re hoping to save money by not trading the one you keep at all for 2 years I’d definitely keep Godzilla. I really don’t think CC will keep your interest for 2 years as an only game. It’s fun in a large collection but there’s really not a lot of depth to it. Godzilla is not only awesome but there’s so much to do in it and the code’s not even finished yet.

If you’re happy to sell and buy your single game over the 2 years I can see the argument for selling the Godzilla as it’s still unboxed. Personally I’d still keep Godzilla though, it’s a long way ahead of CC in my books.

In the end though, just like all collections it’s personal preference. I don’t know how much unboxing the Godzilla takes off the value but if it’s quite a lot maybe go find one in the wild and make sure you like it before getting rid of CC.

#12 1 year ago

Got a nearby friend who can hold onto one for you that you can visit from time to time? One assumes the CC Lyman-Sharpe bonus code come out, which will be something to check out even if you've played through the current code. And Godzilla is probably one more major update away from being code complete (adding final wizard mode), with the current code already being deep enough to hold your attention into 2023.

#13 1 year ago

For your consideration.

In what was normal times any building project will take significantly longer than a put on paper due date plan.

Put on paper in terms this statement refers to-
Building lot.
Aproved Building permit.
Architecture drawings and list materials.
Cost and availability building materials
Contractors .
Big bag money or firm financing.

All know that supply issues can drive turds into your punchbowl .

Recently ( last year ) friend had a home built that was supposed to take 1/2 year ( he had all the above). Professional builder. Took 2 years to complete to point occupancy permit.

Hopefully your results will be better.

Best luck your journey.

Be well Shane

#14 1 year ago

If you don't rotate pins alot, I'd recommend Godzilla. There is alot more to do in Godzilla, and you won't be beating it anytime soon.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from bepositive:For your consideration.
In what was normal times any building project will take significantly longer than a put on paper due date plan.
Put on paper in terms this statement refers to-
Building lot.
Aproved Building permit.
Architecture drawings and list materials.
Cost and availability building materials
Contractors .
Big bag money or firm financing.
All know that supply issues can drive turds into your punchbowl .
Recently ( last year ) friend had a home built that was supposed to take 1/2 year ( he had all the above). Professional builder. Took 2 years to complete to point occupancy permit.
Hopefully your results will be better.
Best luck your journey.
Be well Shane

Shane,
All valid points! Does not apply to my situation but certainly could to someone else. This is more a matter of a cheap bastard not wanting to pay, more for a Godzilla Premium in 1.5 to 2 years, than he has in the one in his garage now...

#16 1 year ago

Godzilla will command more and is a overall much deeper game along with being a simple casual shooter. I wouldn't keep CC for a single machine.

#17 1 year ago

Here is a pretty simple solution to keep both games. Set the game up at a family member's house, preferably one who lives close by. You can each swap games in a year to keep it fresh at home.

I have 10 on loan so it is easy to make this suggestion.

#18 1 year ago

Well the voting sure speaks volumes..... I am an average player currently, and like most humans, I get off on doing a good job. I probably need to push myself and bring CC to the auction in Sevierville tomorrow. That means no pinball at the house for a while....

#19 1 year ago

I would sell GZ, you can still get a little bit of a premium for one at this point. Eventually they are going to be super easy to come by. I have my CCr listed for several hundred below MSRP with no takers. I listed my GZ for a stupid price and had a ton of people messaging. Might as well be patient and pick it up again later.

#20 1 year ago

I decided to divest of everything for now. Between new construction and remodeling current home, I will not be playing much anyway, so I will play on location for a few years. Will be listing Godzilla Premium soon. CC sold at auction this past weekend.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I decided to divest of everything for now. Between new construction and remodeling current home, I will not be playing much anyway, so I will play on location for a few years. Will be listing Godzilla Premium soon. CC sold at auction this past weekend.

Good luck with the remodelling. Location play is also a great choice, don’t have to own to be part of the hobby!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-keep?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.