• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NASCAR Diagram.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

I owned a RBION and have owned several Pat Lawlor designed pins which both these are. RBION has a ton of depth and is very, very fun and great game. NASCAR is a good game and fun and is usually cheaper and easier to find for sale. There's one locally I've played many times. The one things that's neat at first, but gets kind old to me is the ball going around and around on the oval representing the race track. I personally prefer RBION for its theme, like the playfield design better and think it's the best game Lawlor designed while at Stern. However, if you can play both, if at all possible, than of course that's always the ideal.

#65 9 years ago

Was second owner of a HUO RBION and had only to adjust one switch and no other maintenance issues in 2 years of ownership. Just did the routine cleaning, changing balls, rubbers etc. to keep it ultra nice. Oh one thing, it did have some of the blue come off on the cabinet right near the flipper area. I believe this is common for these. It was very solid and a great game. Miss it but sold it and another pin to be able to buy one of my grail pins.

On the other hand, I played a horrible condition routed one once. The upper right flipper hardly worked and couldn't make the big points shots, many switches didn't work and the game was no fun. Just like any pin, condition is so important.

NASCAR is fun for me to play routed. I see them for sale a lot as one of the least expensive Sterns on the market. Because of that, I've been tempted to buy one. However, to me for some reason I've just never hard the itch so strong to go and buy one. In the game play which seems reasonably fun but somehow not quite fantastic to me, I just don't think it would stay at my house for a year. I only have room for 4 pins and am picky in what I buy because I like to keep them for 2 years or more. I've owned ES, NGG, RS, RBION, and FH, which are Lawlor pins.

I don't know if any of this helps the OP or any confuses things, but just my humble perspective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-get-rbion-or-nascar?tu=wesleycowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.