• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NASCAR Diagram.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I recently picked up a NASCAR and I've been playing it almost exclusively. It is a pretty damn good game. The play field is smaller, and I do notice and I definitely prefer a normal play field….but I would not sacrifice the raceway around the perimeter. It's one of the coolest effects in pinball IMO.

Because the play field is smaller, all the shots feel different. It's fine but takes getting used to. The game needs to be pitched properly because of the different physics, again, no problem. I make fun of NASCAR sometimes - the sport - but racing is a cool theme and NASCAR pinball does it right. Rules are pretty deep. It's heavily mode based. Playfield and Translite are original Yousi art. No photo shop job here. I'll bet a lot of Pinsiders haven't even considered the art on NASCAR.

I'm loving mine. Probably not a long-term keeper, but I'll have it awhile. It has a "one more game" aspect to it, but after once you've had your fill you can leave feeling satisfied, regardless of how well you've done.

#9 9 years ago

"seems"? have you played them both?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Both games are fun. But Ripleys has a ton more interesting shots and the upper flipper. Ripleys is very deep with a lot to do and hard to get to wizard modes. I've been to Atlantis only once. Both games are fast with good flow
Nascar is also fun but very easy. I get to wizard mode regularly. Last time someone brought one over, I got to wizard mode twice in one game. After that I didn't feel like playing Nascar for a long long time.
I actually miss my ripleys and might buy another one some day.

Can someone please explain to me how many objectives are fulfilled with that upper flipper in Ripley's? That's the one thing I really don't understand about the game. Outside of the SJP, and Penguin laps, what's it good for? I honestly haven't figured it out yet.

Also. Methinks that NASCAR you're playing is set up WAY too EZ. I got to Wizard mode on my new one the day it was delivered. Then I increased the pitch, waxed it, made the rules harder, etc, and now I don't even get a MB every game. Changes the game pretty dramatically.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe looking strictly at Boston...but I haven't seen anything near what they are reporting...not that I know everything.

Ripley's was $2,500 all day and then it's inclusion in Pinball Arcade seemed to elevate it to around $3k and then the bubble made folks think it was worth $3,500. Both Ripley's and NASCAR should be around $2,500 in tip top shape IMO. I'll grant Ripley's a little more, I guess, for the BOM. And maybe NASCAR a little less because people don't like the theme. But in a world where people crave something a little different, both these games have something to offer. Especially in larger collections.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nascar is horrible. I was bored after a few games.

Your ADD is not relevant here.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Upper right flipper..
1) Super jackpot - hugely important and a wizard mode from scoring all them +1.
2) Millions plus shot
3) A jackpot shot
4) Awards lit item above top rollovers
5) Bozo award shot
6) Tombstone hit shots
7) Possible to get a hit on the vari-target
Spinner hits
It's important, and plays into game strategy. Just like the scoop, awards during a mode are very valuable and shouldn't be ignored.

Thanks. I guess I'll clarify: what do the two actual orbit shots count for?

#72 9 years ago

Very helpful explanations on the upper flipper main shots. Thanks! On location I can never tell what is happening a lot of times, plus there seems to be no feed to the upper roll overs either, which must be a glitch on these location games.

Hell, maybe I'll get one! I'm on a Lawlor roll lately, even having enjoyed Monopoly and RCT on location lately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-get-rbion-or-nascar?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.