(Topic ID: 193121)

Which to buy, New Medieval Madness or JJ Dialed in?

By Ravennapin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nosro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am looking to make a new machine purchase, only my second new pin. I bought Star Trek from Stern last year and loved it. I have some other older pins in my collection, but recently added Jurassic park and it quickly became my favorite over Star Trek. There is no place locally that I can play Dialed in, and a 50 mile drive to play MM and the last time I was there I was not in the market, so I didn't focus on the MM to really understand it.
I would really love feedback especially from people that have had a chance to really play both machines. If you had the money for one but not both, Which one would be in your collection and why?

#2 6 years ago

I love my mmr le. Freaking awesome and brings back memories. Awesome music lights and sound effects. I have never played dialed in sorry. I guess it's classic game vs new stuff decision to make

#3 6 years ago

I've been hearing good feedback about Dialed In now that people have actually had a chance to play it.

It will likely be popping up at shows from this point forward. There were a couple at Pinstastic this past weekend.

If you want to get a feel for MM, try the pinball arcade app.

MM is a known quantity, and the value of an MM probably won't change a whole lot, so you could probably get your money back if you later decide to get rid of it. The future value of Dialed In is still uncertain, but for the short-term, you could probably get most of your money back, just like most other new titles.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been hearing good feedback about Dialed In now that people have actually had a chance to play it.
It will likely be popping up at shows from this point forward. There were a couple at Pinstastic this past weekend.
If you want to get a feel for MM, try the pinball arcade app.
MM is a known quantity, and the value of an MM probably won't change a whole lot, so you could probably get your money back if you later decide to get rid of it. The future value of Dialed In is still uncertain, but for the short-term, you could probably get most of your money back, just like most other new titles.

MMR = DMD, DI = LCD. I'd go with something different than your present lineup. MMR might be a little cheaper as well?

#5 6 years ago

Medieval Madness: guaranteed that you and all guests will love it. Don't expect any new software support, though.

Dialed In: the most advanced pinball hardware with continued software evolution for years to come - not just bug fixes, but new rules, sounds, video, lights. On the other hand, it's impossible to tell in advance if you will like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-buy-new-medieval-maddness-or-jj-dialed-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.