Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 3 years ago

When I'm stuck between two games, I usually look at resale ability and value. In this case, I'd look at which game would be easier to sell if I end up not liking it. And to me the obvious answer here is JP. It has a larger market, and is a players game. If a reasonably priced JP came on the market around me, it would sell quickly. Whereas a reasonably priced Turtles would need a more specific buyer.

So the most logical thing to do would be to buy JP. If you end up not liking it, sell it and get a Turtles. If you go the other way, I think it will take you longer to sell Turtles, and you might need to lower the price to get it done, based on reputation of the game alone. JP for the win.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I found the use of the old Trident layout on beetles gave it instant nostalgia feel

Seabitch

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

While I agree a moving T-rex is awesome, is it 2K more awesome? I know you can now have the movie/sound clips retrofit changes to the JP2 Pro model. Seriously I don't know, is it 2K more awesome?

I'm a Pro guy. I pretty much always lean towards the Pro games. However, is it 2K more awesome to have the T-Rex? Yeah. And that was Stern's intention. They always try to make that one thing to make you open your wallet a bit wider.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Well I have to say this thread has yet to give a definitive answer to my question. I guess that is because it truly is a tough choice. Each game is awesome in its own right.

Actually if you are reading the answers, it is running about 2 to 1 in favor of JP. I'm not saying twice the number of recommendations is definitive, but if it was me asking this question, I'd consider it definitively answered. Of course I'm sure a definitive answer like this will bring out the turtle squad to disagree.

2 weeks later
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Jurassic Park is my current favorite game, and it's because each game I feel like it's not unachievable to get to the wizard mode.

To me, that is the sign of great game rules. I played Tron year after year thinking the same thing. I can do each part, just put them all together in one game. LOTR had that feeling too, just put it all together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 16.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-buy-jp-or-tmnt?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.