5%

(131 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg
AC-DC_Prem_Sold.JPG
AC-DC_Pt2_004.JPG
AC-DC_Pt2_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I'm going to buy an AC/DC finally, talked my wife into it (she was not keen on our kids being around the AC/DC lyrics at first) and can pretty much get either one.

I've heard that the Pro is faster and just as fun, but the Premium just looks so damn good with the LED's and I like the lower playfield (but it's not a deal breaker at this point). I've put lots of plays on my friends Premium and love it also. But if I can save $2K and be just as happy, I'm going to consider it.

That being said, I'm opening this up for all to help provide input.. Pro or Premium?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

LOL.....classic......too bad we cant include the 4th option for him.

Hey Smassa, I hear that you and RobT are moving to San Francisco to live together and combine "pins". Congrats!

And as always, thanks for being the board Troll.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I won't even comment on this thread how I really would like to.........
Glad you came to your senses on a great game and premium is the way to go.

Thanks buddy!

In all honesty, I did not like AC/DC initially and I'm not afraid to admit it.. just like I have loved games initially and didn't like them in the long run. It happens. When AC/DC first hit and the code was unfinished/unpolished, I didn't like it. My exposure to the Pro left me with a bad taste, with drains coming from the center, TNT shots, cannon, lightning bolt shots, and more.. and the code was just confusing (even Bowen mentioned this in one of his vids). I also thought the cannon was overused, but I now love the cannon integration.

A friend of mine has a premium, and we've had a lot of fun playing it, so much that I have to have my own. He almost sold it early on, but held out.. and he's glad he did. I'm now convinced this will be a long term keeper for me.

I know some have made fun of my wife being cautious of the theme/lyrics, and you'd have to admit that AC/DC is not the most kid friendly pin when it comes to what's being said (or "sung"). If you have kids, you may understand, maybe not, but my wife is always looking out for what's best for our kids and I can't fault her for that.

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I was really leaning towards a Premium, but wanted to keep an open mind about a pro. I'm going to be ordering my Premium next week.. and begin the wait for delivery (like a kid at christams). At least Stern is rolling them off the line at this moment so it will be easy to get one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-to-add-acdc-premium-or-pro?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.