(Topic ID: 276924)

Which themes/licenses have no place in your game room?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203737FD-7CCD-463D-ACCC-6A5A5D83BF6E.gif
    Raven.jpg
    Hardbody.png
    Judas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpg
    6DCDA3A9-5D2F-4B1E-A507-749A38A7C61F.png
    20190416_203503.jpg
    20200908_212300 (resized).jpg
    992D1249-CA14-4B2D-A6BC-E4D26B0923FD (resized).jpeg
    42119 (resized).jpg
    61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    C9lrHGuW0AE3joN (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 3 years ago

Overt devils, demons, evil in general. Was going to buy a Houdini and its got a damned Ouija board on it. Skulls are ok if discreet.
    Clowns. Just say no. In your face phallic imagery *jack in box. Would never own rick and morty. No alec baldwin or robert deniro or any other outspoken left fist actor/singer. Loved the Disco Era but all the oned produced are ugly as sin. Most of the 60's EM rock and roll pins too, with some exceptions.
    Munsters too corny. Bally Rolling Stones hideous, in my top ten of worst art EVER. Playboy Dated and promoting HH, no.
    Beatles, wrong Era, same old early songs over and over, fraid not.
    Might as well mention bad early repetitive sound on SS, beeps and boops ok, droning out.
    Raven. I would like to re-theme a Raven. Same for Future Spa, but neither as is.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Damn, so pretty much all the cool shit?

I reckon. Tired of the scantily clad woman on a futuristic lion look while iron stud muffin looks on, fingering his sword.
    When I was stoned in the 80's that was the cats ass. Now, tired of looking at it.
    The Gottlieb psychedelic Era tried hard but I have to admit was good, except 5 years too late. "People are getting off the acid, man. You can't get it anymore, old guys that made it are gone"
    Why these cartoons on rock and roll pins? Show Aerosmith, Metalica. I enjoy staring at a pin in a daze every now and then.
    Everything I listed puts you in a bad mood looking at it lit up, especially bad Clowns.
    Anybody can show me a good, tasteful rendition of a Clown?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What's that supposed to mean? Or is this one of the tough threads where we act like none of us own butt plugs?

Don't really want one on a back glass lit up with leds. Keep that shit in wraps.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I wasn't talking to you. I mean the cool you in the 80s maybe, but not this rotten carcass we're left with.

You are so cool law,so risque,so with it. You may be my new hero..

#107 3 years ago

WOZ the Movie was a fricking Horror show. My Daughter still can't be around the wicked witch cackling and those flying monkeys bugged me as a kid.
    I've never had the honor of playing one but if it has annoying sounds like Wonka probably wouldn't like it. Sound these days is more important than Theme, guess thats why I prefer Gottlieb chimes and Williams bells. (going now to watch a video of game play)

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

It's my favorite atheist movie of all time.

Well, you got me thinking, but I can't figure it out. Like The Wizard is a metaphor for God?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-themes-have-no-place-in-the-game-room?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.