(Topic ID: 276924)

Which themes/licenses have no place in your game room?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203737FD-7CCD-463D-ACCC-6A5A5D83BF6E.gif
    Raven.jpg
    Hardbody.png
    Judas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpg
    6DCDA3A9-5D2F-4B1E-A507-749A38A7C61F.png
    20190416_203503.jpg
    20200908_212300 (resized).jpg
    992D1249-CA14-4B2D-A6BC-E4D26B0923FD (resized).jpeg
    42119 (resized).jpg
    61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    C9lrHGuW0AE3joN (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 3 years ago

Not many that I can think of. Wrestling usually comes to mind...and if we get to cock rock bands like Motley Crue that would be tough. Of course Iron maiden is close and it was a great game so you never know.

Quoted from Vino:

Seems like anything involving a small pony is an official dividing line for the game room.

I have a daughter & she might love it, so I wouldn't have any issue owning it.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

...he red slipper flippers are enough alone to make ...

...me take them off for sure. Anything on the flipper would be taken off pretty quick, unless it was grandfathered in like Elvira.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Half naked dude in a hockey mask as his avatar, I thought his interests were self explanatory?

What's that supposed to mean? Or is this one of the tough threads where we act like none of us own butt plugs?

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Don't really want one on a back glass lit up with leds. Keep that shit in wraps.

I wasn't talking to you. I mean the cool you in the 80s maybe, but not this rotten carcass we're left with.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Is that what that is. I've been using it to stir my drinks.
    Damn it.

Don't forget you can keep it in the freezer and it'll really keep your drink cool!

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

You may be my new hero..

I just hope one day I'm old enough to care.

#96 3 years ago

Haha Hoobastank

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

...2011 when WOZ was announced lol. A new pinball company came along and put a game out with far more features and code then what they were getting...

Quoted from Hazoff:

... probably grandmothers fav movie as a pinball theme. I mean come on, Somewhere over the Rainbow? Only a man who has issues with his own masculinity would deem that fem.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Completely agree, I just personally find the WOZ sound package incredibly annoying. Ears literally hurt after being around it for any length of time.

Yes, WOZ has enough things that make it horrible on it's own, you don't need to bring in stupid shit.
    Take a game like LOTR, eye bleeder for me as well.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I'm basically poking at the crowd of people who are insecure in knowing they own something that says IRON MAIDEN on it so they gotta remind everyone and themselves how terrible the music is. Soooo terrible.

Don't know what insecurity has to do with it. Luckily you can turn the terrible music down on a great machine.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

No one can say they enjoy the pin without assuring everyone they dislike the music. Goes for any music pin, really. "Just so you know, I don't like this music." Like, what does it matter? ...

Ah Ok I get what you mean.

Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think people are worried about being seen by others differently just because they own something out of their norm....

Interesting, not the way I see it, but fair enough.

For me it's at least a 60/40 split of letting people know the game is awesome even if they don't like the theme, because I don't get down with theme-whoring.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Maybe "worried" is the wrong word. More like concerned. People who are concerned with what others think you like or don't like. I just can't relate to that.

It's an interesting theory.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-themes-have-no-place-in-the-game-room?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.