(Topic ID: 276924)

Which themes/licenses have no place in your game room?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203737FD-7CCD-463D-ACCC-6A5A5D83BF6E.gif
    Raven.jpg
    Hardbody.png
    Judas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpg
    6DCDA3A9-5D2F-4B1E-A507-749A38A7C61F.png
    20190416_203503.jpg
    20200908_212300 (resized).jpg
    992D1249-CA14-4B2D-A6BC-E4D26B0923FD (resized).jpeg
    42119 (resized).jpg
    61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    C9lrHGuW0AE3joN (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 3 years ago

I'm not that stuck on theme, but do admit I care. However, my wife will throw out a possible game purchase just based on theme alone. I'm learning nothing basketball, nascar, or no fear. I'm sure there are others. Luckily she and I share the like of a lot of 80's/90's movies and shows. For me, I wouldn't do a Popeye's, wrestling, wheel of fortune, and some others. New themes, totoally agree about My Little Pony (I know it's a joke) or disney princess movies.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Probably something like Sexy Girl or maybe a couple of the Playboy pins.
    The only reason for that is that I’ve got younger kids. Not to mention all I need is one of their friends coming over and saying something to their parents like “I saw naked girls over at their house”. At that point I think you become the creepy parent at school.
    Other than that, themes don’t bother me too much. I think games like Congo, No Fear, No Good Gophers etc are awesome games, even though I think the themes suck.
    If I had my choice of themes, it would be Rock and Roll, Monsters and Sci-fi.

I agree with Playboy. I really like how the last version plays, but just wouldn't want it in the house with the kids. I only have room for one pin right now. If I had a whole row of games, I could probably mix in a Playboy.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

Not a fan of clowns so prominent displays of them would be a problem. That being said, if the gameplay was good I'd overlook the art.
    Since I don't have little kids around the house I like adult oriented themes. Drinking, swear word callouts and tasteful, provocative women are fine with me. Fortunately my wife is on the same page.

It's amazing how many games have clown images. I was just thinking that the other day looking at a Hurricane.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Those are happy clowns. I heard Spooky might do a pin based on this which would make it a good possibility to be my first Spooky pin.[quoted image]

Love the art. I could do that theme. I remember watching that movie as a kid when I used to stay at my Grandma's. I had to sleep on the couch and had access to the TV all night long. I watched it again not long ago and man, somethings are best remembered. It would make a cool theme, but most might think it is unlicensed, but it wouldn't be.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Well, you got me thinking, but I can't figure it out. Like The Wizard is a metaphor for God?

Ha, I watched a documentary a couple months ago that WOZ was a commentary on our country's monetary system and the gold standard based on the authors previous work and statements.

#131 3 years ago

Oops, dupe post trying to spell correct previous.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-themes-have-no-place-in-the-game-room?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.