(Topic ID: 276924)

Which themes/licenses have no place in your game room?

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203737FD-7CCD-463D-ACCC-6A5A5D83BF6E.gif
    Raven.jpg
    Hardbody.png
    Judas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpg
    6DCDA3A9-5D2F-4B1E-A507-749A38A7C61F.png
    20190416_203503.jpg
    20200908_212300 (resized).jpg
    992D1249-CA14-4B2D-A6BC-E4D26B0923FD (resized).jpeg
    42119 (resized).jpg
    61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    C9lrHGuW0AE3joN (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:Damn, so pretty much all the cool shit?

Double Damn.

Quoted from Jeffswack:

A little bit of fragile masculinity been shown here...

Nothing fragile about WOZ, and Willy Wonka, DI and TMNT. If u can stand it then great, I can't.

Not saying it has to be evil and horror but come on, those titles are an extreme counter. Toy Story? WFT is happening here. Although I did attend a pinball convention in Toronto when I first started collecting 10 years ago and if that crowd represents the main fan base and buyers of pinball machines, then I totally get it.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

It's amazing how many games have clown images.

Those are happy clowns. I heard Spooky might do a pin based on this which would make it a good possibility to be my first Spooky pin.

91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg91LNJcSDcCL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I never got the idea of considering WoZ and Wonka as purely kids' themes.

Its not just that they are kids' themes. They are just bad pinball themes in general. Stern is guilty as well just not as much. I know JJP wanted to be family orientated and ok but I often wonder where they might be if they had gone a different route. Not r rated or anything but WOZ, DI, POTC, Hobbit, Wonka. How about Alien, Predator, Strange Brew, Blade Runner and The Road Warrior. I know I'm a broken record with this but it hurts me. It hurts me deep down where I'm soft, like a woman. Hmmm maybe I will buy a WOZ.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Be careful what you say, you may actually like it.

I like playing it, still gave it a 5 or so in the rating. I'm not a douche bag who gives a pin a 1 or 2 rating cause you know, I'm a douchebag. Listen I can have fun with this.

61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg61a6xJutgvL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    #54 3 years ago

Whoops
    Forget u saw that. I meant this

42119 (resized).jpg42119 (resized).jpg
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What's that supposed to mean? Or is this one of the tough threads where we act like none of us own butt plugs?

Is that what that is. I've been using it to stir my drinks.
    Damn it.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

A lot of the EM games have non-PC themes but I like that as they are a throwback to a less "enlightened" era.

Yeah there's also nothing happening but some chime noises and flipper buzz. Whats gonna offend people the bad art on the backglass?

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

or likely any other cartoon.

Even this. Use to watch this under the influence in my late teens. Ah to be young again

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

And for JJP, this is pretty much the only reason I don't own any of their games. I don't even really like GNR, but I'm hoping for that to be their next release just because I want to see them break out of that comfort zone.

I like the cut of ur jib sir. I feel exactly the same way.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Iron Maiden is so terrible.

Maiden was good till around Powerslave, they they slipped as did Metallica with the Black album and Megadeth with Countdown to extinction. It happens, but Piece of Mind, come on my Devil baby friend.

#101 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A new pinball company came along and put a game out with far more features and code then what they were getting.

Yeah that's why they weren't into with WOZ. It wasn't the ruby red teen girl slipper flippers, or the terrible yellow brick road music. No it had nothing to do with rainbows and musicals. Nope. It was all resentment for that masterpiece of pin. Those awful men who just couldn't get into their mothers and probably grandmothers fav movie as a pinball theme. I mean come on, Somewhere over the Rainbow? Only a man who has issues with his own masculinity would deem that fem.

Stern army doesn't exist but u know what does? JJP fanboys that will defend anything JJP including a teaser that gave nothing and a ridiculously long wait period for a pin announcement because it will be worth it. "Build Quality" right.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

It's weird how insecure so many people are that they feel owning certain titles threatens their masculinity.

You could own any macho title and still be a complete pussy.

Woz is a high tech machine with deep rules that doesn't affect your sexual preference. It's a challenging game that is tough to conquer. It has a lot going on.

Owning a pinball machine is not something that attracts chicks no matter how masculine you think you are. A confident person understands that.

Boy is that stupid.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I don't own an IMDN machine, but my choice for replacement songs would be Ozzie/Sabbath, Hendrix and maybe some Deep Purple.

That's strange. U like Sabbath and Deep Purple and Hendrix but not Maiden? Well hopefully for both of us they make a Sabbath pin the near future.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I hope someday we get a killer Judas Priest layout with Halford's crotch dead center in the artwork, just to make 'em sweat.

I'm in. Wait I'm not saying I'm into Halford's crotch I'm in for a Judas Priest pin, but if I had to be in mans crotch, that's the crotch I wanna be in.

Judas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpgJudas-Priest-Rob-Halford-768x435 (resized).jpg

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

"Just so everyone knows, I don't like this music. FOR THE RECORD, I am not a fan of this music!"

Yeah that's crap.
    If you don't like Maiden(which is fine), why buy it then? Let me tell ya something, no matter how great a Cardi B pin layout is, I'm never buying one.

#129 3 years ago

Double post by accident.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My problem with music pins is since the bands are all huge these are songs I have heard 1000 times and am already sick of.

hearing them another 1000 times is not fun..

I loved Maiden as a kid but the pin I cant get into.. same with ac/dc etc.

If there was more variety like it played the entire catalogue randomly that would be more tolerable but the same 8 songs over and over?

no thanks... thats what classic rock radio is for, a mind numbing constant stream of the same 100 songs.

I agree. Now they chose pretty good songs for Maiden but if they did a Sabbath pin I doubt my favorites will be there, same with Priest. I can't listen to classic rock stations either, I listen to 90% classical anyway. AC/DC has songs way better than their set list of classics. What I wish is Stern made it very easy to insert ur music into these pins. I love Bruce D's vocals but where's "Killers" its a shame, a damn shame. I should be able to in the home environment put a USB stick into the board an change out the tracks to my liking. I know it can be done but just make it easy for us.

#147 3 years ago

Its not a butt plug kind sir, its for stirring cocktails.
    Wait a minute?

#156 3 years ago

Underlord don't play dumb. U know about these high end strirrer's of drink.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

He's an acquired taste, kinda like Claypool is.

Absolutely never.

Claypool is terrible.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

On this, we are miles apart.

Different taste's. I love Geddy's voice and I'm a big Death Metal fan so u know some people are strange. Me I'm a bass player and theres no denying that guys talents I'm just not a fan of the music or his voice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-themes-have-no-place-in-the-game-room?tu=Hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.