(Topic ID: 194938)

Which tables carry over progress between games?

By volcanolotus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

teed off (resized).jpg
SWpageslider_053017 (resized).png
image-1 (resized).jpg
000-pins1 (resized).jpg
gulf (resized).jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I recently had a chance to play Apollo 13 for the first time, and it's quickly become one of my favorite tables. One of the things I liked about it was that the progress toward the 13-ball multiball is saved between games. I'm a pretty casual player, so it was nice that even on bad games I at least got to make progress on lighting BLASTOFF - a nice consolation prize, if you will.

Are there other tables that have similar features? Not talking about carrying over from player to player in multiplayer games, but from one game to the next. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Probably a setting

#3 6 years ago

I was just playing an EM game last week that would keep the balls in the lock saucer until a player gets them out....Gulfstream

#4 6 years ago

Unless you're in tournament mode, Dr. Dude saves the progress on the dude-o-meter as you play toward super dude (bigger jackpot in multiball).

#5 6 years ago

I know that Hurricane will carry over the Palace letters from game to game. Once you spell Palace, the jackpot will light. The jackpot value is also progressive.

#6 6 years ago

Frotiersman's lighted arrows on the backglass.

#7 6 years ago

Unless in tournament mode mustang letters carry over from game to game.

#8 6 years ago

Badcats carries the jackpot from one game to another until you hit it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was just playing an EM game last week that would keep the balls in the lock saucer until a player gets them out....Gulfstream

Fireball maybe? I didn't know Gulfstream had multiball, but it's been 40 years since I played one.

#10 6 years ago

High Speed was the first game (IIRC) with a progressive jackpot that carries from player to player and game to game.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

High Speed was the first game (IIRC) with a progressive jackpot that carries from player to player and game to game.

I've got the same thing on Surf Side from 1967 although it is not labeled as jackpot.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fireball maybe?

It has the 2 ball capture saucers in the middle. Love that game such a bitch to hit the middle target with that flipper alignment.

gulf (resized).jpggulf (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

Those aren't regular kickout holes? How do you release the balls?

#14 6 years ago

Super Mario Brothers carries over castles defeated between players and games.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those aren't regular kickout holes? How do you release the balls?

They are kick out holes but they hold the ball until you lock 2, then they kick them out, or hit one hard enough to pop out This is at the VFW so I don't know if that's a change made to this particular machine?

#16 6 years ago

Rescue 911 "letters" do.

Lightning ball locks carry over.

Most of the sys11 games carry the jackpot over.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from volcanolotus:

...it's quickly become one of my favorite tables.

Quoted from pinaholic:

Probably a setting

000-pins1 (resized).jpg000-pins1 (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 has you log in your player profile and keeps track of your accumulated rewards from game to game, as well as track your scores and awards online.

#19 6 years ago

Last Action Hero -> The Ripper award.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is at the VFW so I don't know if that's a change made to this particular machine?

Just watched avid on youtube and they're regular kick out on that vid...where's Schudel when you need him?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I know that Hurricane will carry over the Palace letters from game to game. Once you spell Palace, the jackpot will light. The jackpot value is also progressive.

It's a setting, but yes it can be carried from player to player, set for each player, or reset every game. Maybe even every ball, not sure.

The Simpsons MILLIONS letters do the same.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just watched avid on youtube and they're regular kick out on that vid

I figured they were as Beat the Clock is the only single player game with multiball as far as I know.

#23 6 years ago

Gottlieb Paradise keeps shot multiplier progress including the 100x between games.

As a side note, I went through the schematics to verify this was the way they designed it. Also, figured out how to disable this and reset between games if I ever use the game in a tournament.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't Fathom have a rarely used setting like this?

#25 6 years ago

Check out the progressive special handicaps on Freshie.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

MUSTANG
player to player, game to game - Mustang multiball. Such an underrated game, especially if you know how to use pinball browser

#27 6 years ago

Silverball Mania keeps The SILVERBALL progress on the back glass. I think for every 3 Silverball Mania specials it light a letter on the back glass. That progress remains, even when the game is turned off. Once the entire SILVERBALL has been completed, 3 credits are awarded.

#28 6 years ago

My kitchen table. It always carries over the achievements of the "eating game".

Especially since I have children.

#29 6 years ago

Black Knight 2000!

R-A-N-S-O-M mode is awesome!

Really adds to the fun with multiple players. One player can gather several letters only to have another steal the RANSOM! Heh heh!

#30 6 years ago

Safe Cracker

V-A-U-L-T multiball!

Tokens shooting out at you while you're playing, whooohooo!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

Doesn't Fathom have a rarely used setting like this?

Yes. You can set it to kick the balls out after the game ends, or keep them in the saucers for the next game.

Are we talking Jackpot values carrying over from game to game? If so, there is a whole list of those games (ex. Pinbot).

#32 6 years ago

Lights Camera Action's "Blockbuster" feature can be set to carry over ball to ball, game to game. Completing the right bank of drop targets adds a letter to "blockbuster." When all letters are completed, the game awards a special. The jackpot (which is built up with pop bumper hits and drop target hits), also carries over game to game.

My old William's "Suspense" could be set to carry the bonus over from game to game.

#33 6 years ago

Gottlieb's Tropic Isle, credits awarded for monkeys climbing the tree.

Williams Grand Slam pitch and bat, Hitting a grand slam lights up the letters in, well, GRAND SLAM, awarding replays when completed.

#34 6 years ago

I thought that most gottlieb system 3 games have this feature.

Tee'd off comes to mind with the gopher lights.

#35 6 years ago

Extra ball target carries over from ball to ball and game to game on Wms El Toro until somebody advances the reel.

#36 6 years ago

Guns N Roses carries the DUFF award from player to player or over thru many games until it is collected...

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Guns N Roses carries the DUFF award from player to player or over thru many games until it is collected...

JP does this with TREX too, which is weird because it's a target you're likely to hit four times in a game anyway.

#38 6 years ago

Spell "deluxe" on the backglass of Eight Ball Deluxe and get 3 credits. So hit the brakes when you find one that only needs the last E. Not such a big deal now with them set to freeplay but that was a mega jackpot back then at the arcade.

#39 6 years ago

TSPP couch ball lock

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are kick out holes but they hold the ball until you lock 2, then they kick them out, or hit one hard enough to pop out This is at the VFW so I don't know if that's a change made to this particular machine?

The Gulfstream at the VFW has a modified rule set that adds a ball lock and multi ball. Stock Gulfstream's only have one ball in the playfield.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from flakeloaf:

JP does this with TREX too, which is weird because it's a target you're likely to hit four times in a game anyway.

Hmm, I don't remember mine doing that even before I did the 6.0roms. Is that a setting maybe?

#42 6 years ago

If it is, its default is on 'cause I've never changed it! I'd test it now but, um... I'd probably start a fire.

#43 6 years ago

Is there a setting for BSD castle locks to stay locked between games? I swear when I first got my game I had to change the settings for them to reset and drain between games.

#44 6 years ago

Strange science will keep balls locked from game to game. Fathom does have a setting where it will keep balls locked in the saucers also.

#45 6 years ago

A whole herd of '60s Bally games had light features (Hootenanny, Grand Tour, Hay-Ride, etc.) or locked balls (Star-Jet, Mad World, Capersville) which would carry from game to game.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Are we talking Jackpot values carrying over from game to game?

I'd originally been thinking just progress toward a mode like A13, but jackpots work too.

I guess this is more common than I'd thought! I've even played some of the tables mentioned and never noticed - either that, or they'd been turned off in the settings. Thanks for the replies so far!

#47 6 years ago

By the way, it's not a "table"

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is that considered pejorative? What's the correct term, machine?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I call them tables, sometimes. I don't think it's pejorative at all, nor is there "correct" terminology. Call them games, machines, tables, pins, whatever. Regional linguistic differences aren't important.

#50 6 years ago

Pinball Machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-tables-carry-over-progress-between-games?hl=hughesdforce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.