(Topic ID: 242543)

Which table is the most fun to shoot? (ignore themes)

By JediPimp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So I was playing The Pinball Arcade the other day, and two games really stood out to me (Indy 500 and No Fear). I've played Indy 500 but never No Fear. Now on pinside, these two titles get little love, but playing them they seem to have all the stuff that pinballers want (good flow, lots of mechs happening, heaps to shoot for). Maybe its the theme or the code that lets these titles down.

What in your mind, regardless of theme, is the best machine to shoot and flip? The table that gives you the adrenaline rush or satisfaction to shoot?

I have a feeling Wonka looks really fun to shoot, Dialed in was really fun to shoot as well!

For me, Indy or No Fear may fit into this.

#2 4 years ago

Metallica

#3 4 years ago

Demolition man is good.

#4 4 years ago

Star Trek and Spider-Man and T2

#5 4 years ago

*insert Steve Ritchie machine here

#6 4 years ago

Mark Ritchie > Steve Ritchie, but Paragon in response to OP.

#7 4 years ago

Congo shoots very well, and people hate that theme. Both Demo man and Indy 500 are also great choices.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Congo shoots very well, and people hate that theme. Both Demo man and Indy 500 are also great choices.

Congo sells for a lot, is rated high, and it rarely comes up for sale...so there has to be some people that like it! Great choice!

#9 4 years ago

white water
Spider-Man

#10 4 years ago

Twilight Zone is rated high for a reason. Both upper flippers have satisfying shots. In addition the shots feel clean. If you miss, it feels like you made a mistake. That's hard to quantify.

#11 4 years ago

Stern Star Trek. Probably the most geometrically perfect playfield ever made. Every shot is right there...right where you expect it to be. Super satisfying. Game of Thrones pro is a very close runner up. Spider-Man is right up there too, but with slightly tighter shots it can be a little more difficult.

I'm right there with you on No Fear also. Very underrated...such a great, pure flow game. I always found Judge Dredd very satisfying to shoot too...especially the loops and flow of the upper flippers.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Congo sells for a lot, is rated high, and it rarely comes up for sale...so there has to be some people that like it! Great choice!

I just meant on theme dislike alone( although I do like the movie as well) .
Respect for this pin is very recent however, I remember being ridiculed for many years on how much I loved the game. It was likely due to what people thought of the movie/theme, and they just didn't give the pin a chance.

#13 4 years ago

Barb Wire and Bride of Pinbot are a couple of my favorites

#14 4 years ago

Iron Maiden

#15 4 years ago

Demo man for sure

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

So I was playing The Pinball Arcade the other day, and two games really stood out to me (Indy 500 and No Fear). I've played Indy 500 but never No Fear. Now on pinside, these two titles get little love, but playing them they seem to have all the stuff that pinballers want (good flow, lots of mechs happening, heaps to shoot for). Maybe its the theme or the code that lets these titles down.
What in your mind, regardless of theme, is the best machine to shoot and flip? The table that gives you the adrenaline rush or satisfaction to shoot?
I have a feeling Wonka looks really fun to shoot, Dialed in was really fun to shoot as well!
For me, Indy or No Fear may fit into this.

No Fear is just pure fun for me. Not the deepest game or the best theme (although I love the cheese themes), but it is a blast.

#17 4 years ago

I just played Dialed In for the first time yesterday and it was a really great shooter with a bunch of very neat modes etc... A missed opportunity by JJP I think...

#18 4 years ago

Dialed In

#19 4 years ago

AFM, Tron, Metallica, DI

#20 4 years ago

Judge Dredd on a well functioning game shoots so nice. I think there's a possible 9-way combo?

#21 4 years ago

GOT pro has to be it for me.

#23 4 years ago

Deadfool

#24 4 years ago

Radical

#25 4 years ago

Table? Oh you mean pinball machine. Spiderman

#26 4 years ago

Having a hard time choosing. Different manufacturer's have different feels. Pinball Magic feels incredibly solid so hitting the ramp or the loops are incredibly satisfying. Same goes with airborne or breakshot.

Mystery Castle doesn't have that solid feeling, but its got a great layout. Mix of gimme hit them endlessly shots with how the heck do I pull that off stuff. I would put Rob Zombie in that boat as well although leaning toward more harder shots than easy.

#27 4 years ago

For me because I love fast flowing game some that come to mind are Tron, Iron Maiden, BKSOR, and Demolition Man.

#28 4 years ago

MM/MMr ramp alternating shots or intentional catapult shot that rings the bell.

#29 4 years ago

IMDN or STTNG (can't decide between them).

#30 4 years ago

This 100 times this.

#31 4 years ago

Deadpool!

#32 4 years ago
#33 4 years ago

Whitewater is very very good. Especially if you go into it with the goal of getting to Vacation Jackpot. That opens the whole table up better than just going for double/triple jackpots.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Table? Oh you mean pinball machine. Spiderman

I never know what is the proper terminology, table or machine? Seems to differ by Region.

#35 4 years ago

Surprised to not see Johnny Mnemonic here yet. You can combo that thing all day with nice wide ramps and super clean orbits, though it gets impossibly fast after a couple of consecutive orbits. Shooting the ball up to the glove is often a relief to catch your breath.

#36 4 years ago

Beatles is such a rush

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Judge Dredd on a well functioning game shoots so nice. I think there's a possible 9-way combo?

As a JD owner this intrigues me! What is the 9-way combo?

I tried to map this without doing a shot more than twice in a row...

Plunge-left upper flipper skill shot loop-left lower flipper to stake out ramp (right ramp)-right lower flipper to left orbit-upper right mini flipper to mini loop-upper right mini flipper to centre black out ramp-upper left flipper skill shot loop again-lower left flipper to sniper tower VUK-lower left flipper to stake out ramp (right ramp) again-lower right flipper to left ramp-lower right flipper to left orbit again-upper right mini flipper to centre black out ramp again-upper left flipper to air raid ramp feed to left shooter lane-Hit drop targets for air raid target.

Holy sheez that’s a 14 way combo! (Mind you I had to hit 4 shots two times in that combo but still)!

14!!!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Surprised to not see Johnny Mnemonic here yet. You can combo that thing all day with nice wide ramps and super clean orbits, though it gets impossibly fast after a couple of consecutive orbits. Shooting the ball up to the glove is often a relief to catch your breath.

Totally agree. Its an outstanding, fast layout but it suffers from theme (shitty movie) and code (rules are pretty weak).

I think it is a top game that could benefit from someone recoding the rules and creating a new EPROM.

#39 4 years ago

As of the moment I'd have to say Tron, AFM, and WOZ after playing them repetitively at Pinfest. IJ and Metallica are up there too. Alice Cooper would be if the shots weren't so darn tight (though it's still awesome because of the challenge).

Moral of this story: I can't pick just one...bummer (or is it?).

#40 4 years ago

I’ve found most games I love shooting in real life, I hate in TPA.

As per the topic though, i love snipping any lawlor games/shots.

Mindless fast and loose leans to ritchie games

#41 4 years ago

100% Johnny Mnemonic, absolute blast to the play, once you get the orbit and loop shots dialled in, the speed is just immense. Shadow is also a great shooter.

#42 4 years ago

Fish Tales is my guilty pleasure pin. When setup so the lock shot and left orbit can be backhanded it's easily one of my favorite machines.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I never know what is the proper terminology, table or machine? Seems to differ by Region.

Must be. I've never heard it called a table until the last several years.

4 years later
#44 5 months ago

Virtual pinball = table

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Caldwell, ID
€ 17.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-table-is-the-most-fun-to-shoot-ignore-themes?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.