(Topic ID: 160371)

Which Stern pinballs have the best theme integration?

By pninja005

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images(2)_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Bombs dropping on the DMD? It's been a while since I've played a WPT, but I don't remember that happening. Where's it at in the game?

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps deeper into the game than I've reached yet (?)

#52 4 years ago

SPIDERMAN
TRON
IRONMAN
TWD

#53 4 years ago

Yeah someone asked earlier about theme integration and I think that's hard to identify. Putting a dragon on top of the targaryan shot that shoots violently back at you is a good example I guess....but it's not like the right orbit in the game has anything to do with Martell. Does the stern with best theme integration have to have every single shot represent something from the theme?

And if that's the case, how do tron or wheel of fortune's orbits have anything to do with their themes?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Yeah someone asked earlier about theme integration and I think that's hard to identify. Putting a dragon on top of the targaryan shot that shoots violently back at you is a good example I guess....but it's not like the right orbit in the game has anything to do with Martell. Does the stern with best theme integration have to have every single shot represent something from the theme?
And if that's the case, how do tron or wheel of fortune's orbits have anything to do with their themes?

It's not necessarily how a particular shot looks or acts on the ball, it's how the game acts on you hitting said shot. Like in my AMH example, the door isn't necessarily tied to being the morgue, the ball goes through there at many different times and the shot itself is tied to many different things within the theme itself.

In fact, if each shot were tied down to a specific thing, your games would be very narrow in terms of theme integration, because every element of the theme that can be integrated would be restricted to what items are on the playfield.

#55 4 years ago

Spider-Man

Art, layout, dots, sounds all matched the Movies.

Original actor doing the call out also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside