Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

I've owned 9 Stern (still own 8 sold SM but that's a solid title also).

I can't say what's best for you. But for me, I'd strongly recommend Iron Man (or Tron or Met pro) these three are all fantastic. Like I can't choose between them but if I had to I'd probably say IM by tiny bit.

My other suggestions are AcDc premium or Tspp.

I had a pinball party and IM was the most played game.

As Panzer said XMLE is nice value and PotC is still good, I've owned it for 8 years or more and hard for me to let it go.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You have not had MET yet? Here's your list:
    1. Metallica

Great pin. I had held off getting Met since I'd already had 3 other Borg games XMLE, Tron, and IM. I didn't want to be so reliant on one designer, but I can't get over how much fun Met is.

#18 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks for all of the input so far! I've played Metallica a bit, but maybe I will have to give it another chance and get over my dislike of their music. I've not played it enough to learn the rules...just a couple times in a bar...

I didn't like the music at first, and kind of avoided Met at the time, I bought IMVE instead. But I came back to Met and have to say both that I now love the music (bought the CDs) and the pin is killer especially at the pro price.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

AC/DC Pro is far more reasonable on the price and it's still an awesome pin. The only thing Metallica has on it is art.

Don't have an AcDc pro but to say the only thing Met has on it is art is a bit disingenuous.

AcDc has a cannon and maybe you could call the bell a toy.

Met pro has Sparky with magnet, snake which is a nice shot, triple in line drop targets with magnet which is another nice shot, controllable up post, metal ramps, and Fuel side shot. Met pro is rated 10 currently just under Met LE while AcDc pro is rated almost 50 spots lower than AcDc premium.

I'm not saying that AcDc pro is a bad choice, but given their druthers people would take AcDc premium or Met pro. 466 Pinsiders own Met pro while 161 own AcDc pro.

#54 8 years ago

I had reservations against Metallica but found that I appreciate their music more than I'd thought I would. If you will, I discovered their albums before the Black Album so to me they're like (in a way almost a take off of) Black Sabbath which I love. The HP Lovecraft references and such. I had though of them more in their later grown up stuff which I don't like as much.

Second I like the shots in Met and the rules more than I'd anticipated and it does have 4 shots that return to the flippers loops and ramps. Much like IM which I love, I have the pro.

I went in to Met thinking it would be ok but now I'm really blown away with it as a complete package.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-stern-machine-should-i-get?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.