Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Right now debating getting rid of a really nice highly modded STTNG and going all Stern. In a similar boat since I will have POTC and LOTR (picking it up in a week).

SM seems high right now. People are asking 5k for originals. Kinda hard to justify a game paying 5k for an 8 year old game when the new should hit for 6500 or less. Also expect price to drop as the remakes filter in. Some people will want the new, some people will want the old. Many won't care and go off condition/price. It is going to increase the suppy of SM so expect the value to drop a bit.

Seen some HUO TSPP's at 4500. Seems like a good deal relative to what LOTR goes for now. Has plenty of depth and a unique layout.

X-Men, just can't get past Wolverine. Seriously who thought making him that huge was a good idea? Yeah, you can go with the aftermarket captive ball, but dunno.

I would hold off on RBION. It is a great game, but in a small collection it has typical lawlor moves that won't set it apart from TZ. Others might chime in with TF or Avatar, but cannot get past the theme on either of them. In a big collection sure, but if you are going to stay small get what you want for play and theme.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great game and has been going up in value.

No, it hasn't. People keep asking 4k for HUO and they sit. There was a routed one for 3200 on here and it sat. There is another one I was offered on here for 2800 or 2850. It had been on here for sale for a bit.

It is a great game, but it is not going up in value. It is Stern's Shadow. Great ruleset but a theme that a lot of folks don't care for.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Prices seem up on RBION compared to what they were a year or two ago. Same for The Shadow. As NIB game prices continue to rise more and more people are going to look at older used games that offer more "game" (features, toys, code, etc) for the half the price.

No, they really aren't. I bought a RBION straight off route a bit over a year ago. Traded it in November and have kept an eye on replacing it with a nicer version. Routed ones with flipper wear sit at 3k. I've watched HUO sit at 3600 for months. The game isn't suddenly increasing in value because you say/want it to. Shadow is still around 3k which it was at last year as well.

The problem with your logic is that people are selling off older machines to afford the new, more expensive games. A few titles have shown increases, but not every game has gone up. Many have been stagnant for awhile now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-stern-machine-should-i-get?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.