Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by mdeslaur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I've heard at least one new Stern has a co op mode of play. Do all new games that follow the first co op game have that feature?

#2 2 years ago

1. TNMT

Not sure if AIQ does

#3 2 years ago

I think just TMNT and Mandalorian. Dwight's two most recent games. Other coders haven't added the feature so far

First was popularized on Spooky games (TNA, ACNC)

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I think just TMNT and Mandalorian. Dwight's two most recent games. Other coders haven't added the feature so far
    First was popularized on Spooky games (TNA, ACNC, R+M)

I was gonna say, you may be looking at the wrong manufacturer!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

First was popularized on Spooky games (TNA, ACNC, R+M)

Wait... Rick and Morty has a Co-Op option?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Wait... Rick and Morty has a Co-Op option?

I thought so? Never played it though, maybe I'm mistaken

#7 2 years ago

I hate waiting to play, unless it is watching my son. He plays so infrequently that I don’t mind. I like co-op as an option but I rarely play it on TMNT.

#9 2 years ago

Sopranos has team play. Player's 1&3 vs Player's 2&4
    Wished all games had Team and Co Op get some good rivalry going on.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Sopranos has team play. Player's 1&3 vs Player's 2&4
    Wished all games had Team and Co Op get some good rivalry going on.

A lot of games have team play, especially sega/sterns in the 90s-2000s. Very different from co-op though

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

A lot of games have team play, especially sega/sterns in the 90s-2000s. Very different from co-op though

True, I owed TNA and Co Op was fun and needed to get all 9 reactors as bad as we played.

1 year later
    #12 1 year ago

So which new Sterns have Co- Op play now?

#13 1 year ago

Pretty sure nothing new has happened since this thread was made

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Pretty sure nothing new has happened since this thread was made

Damn, I heard Stern did some updates.
    So far Spooky and American only then?
    I'm loving it on my HotWheels.

#15 1 year ago

Monopoly

8 months later
    #16 1 year ago

Mando has coop.

Jurassic Park would be perfect for coop, but I don’t think it has it.

#17 1 year ago

I remember JD having said in one of his streams, FF may have coop eventually... *fingerscrossed*

1 week later
    #18 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinScientist:

Mando has coop.
    Jurassic Park would be perfect for coop, but I don’t think it has it.

I'd love Jurassic Park to have coop. With them building more this year a code update to add it would be amazing

#19 1 year ago

How does co-op work?

#20 1 year ago

It's a multi-player game, but all features and progress carry over between players. So like player 1 could light a mission and then player 2 can start it. I forget offhand if in Stern's implementation the score is unified too or the players still have separate scores.

The computer game Pro Pinball Timeshock had this (with separate scores) back in 1997.

#21 1 year ago

Bond 60th has co-op mode.

#22 1 year ago

I know for sure TMNT and Mando as I have them and on holidays the co-op is by far the hit in the home arcade.

#23 1 year ago

All Modern Sterns SHOULD have it.

This would help casuals play more pinball than anything else.
    Its so bizarre that only a few have it

Whats the downside?

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

All Modern Sterns SHOULD have it.
    This would help casuals play more pinball than anything else.
    Its so bizarre that only a few have it
    Whats the downside?

Takes dev team time/effort to implement.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

yeah word, i get it

All Modern Pinball Machines SHOULD have it.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Not really. At this point they have the code and just need to tailor it to your new pins. Same goes with DJ mode and other code pieces.

#27 1 year ago

You can sort-of do it yourself on any game - like set it to 9 balls, then three players each take turns playing 3 of them. That's what co-op mode with a single score is doing anyway.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

You can sort-of do it yourself on any game - like set it to 9 balls, then three players each take turns playing 3 of them. That's what co-op mode with a single score is doing anyway.

I know you said sort-of and it is sort-of the same, but it's not a replacement IMO. The well implemented co-op modes keep some stuff separate still; In Mando, everyone's started-modes count towards qualifying a mini-wizard mode, but all players get their own opportunity to play the mini-wizard (at least that's my recollection, it's been a while). In TNA, players still get individual credit for making the final shot to destroy a reactor. I absolutely love a good co-op mode, my wife thinks it's hilarious every time she can 'steal' a reactor kill from me on TNA.

Good co-op make me much more interested in owning a game and significantly more likely to drop coins in one on location. One of the most overlooked features in modern pinball IMO.

2 months later
    #29 11 months ago

Man, I didn't think much of this co-op talk till owning TNA. My Boys love it, it's a great feature to have, all modern sterns should have it.

3 months later
    #30 7 months ago

How do I activate co op mode on JP

#31 7 months ago
    Quoted from thefiend5:

How do I activate co op mode on JP

Install the latest firmware, then hold both flipper buttons.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-stern-games-have-a-co-op-mode?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.