• AFM 11 votes
    26%
  • Iron Man 3 votes
    7%
  • Other 9 votes
    21%

(43 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 1 year ago

I've been trying to think of games with rulesets that are well balanced and what I considered virtually flawless. I'm going to include solid state machines from the late 70's thru modern Dmd's and all manufacturers. Let me know what you guys think.

#2 1 year ago

It's a toss up between EBD and AFM but I went with AFM because of the multiple paths to high scores and the elusive Rule The Universe for home play.

#3 1 year ago

I believe what makes a great ruleset is the simple but never easy premise. I tried to be as comprehensive in my list since the nine option limit so I left out a few favorites. Let me know what great rulesets that I wasn't able to include.

#4 1 year ago

Anyone? .....Bueller?

#5 1 year ago

BSD...it has no stupid modes (hit lit shot) and builds up the best tension in pinball. A unique game that definitely has it's own feel.

#6 1 year ago

BSD and IM for me but i'm biased because it's my favourites games.

#7 1 year ago

white water

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

BSD...it has no stupid modes (hit lit shot) and builds up the best tension in pinball. A unique game that definitely has it's own feel.

Needs a wizard mode imo

#9 1 year ago

Nice pick!

#10 1 year ago

LOTR. Three fun unique multiballs. Balanced scoring between modes and multiballs. You are forced to spread your shots around the entire table to complete modes and multiballs. Mutliple mini wizard modes, destroy the ring, TABA, and super ring frenzy multiball. Of course, the ultimate wizard mode, valinor. Always seems like you are a few shots away from a decent award while playing LOTR.

I've obsessively played multiple games since 1987 or so. I've eventually gotten bored of every game, with the exception of LOTR. I can play a marathon hour long "Just missed valinor" game and want to start a new game immediately. That's due to what I consider to be the most perfect rule set for any solid state machine.

I may change my opinion soon. Got to Valinor for the first time today. I'm curious if that will dampen my desire to play.

#11 1 year ago

Why isn't MM in the poll? Are you just polling for your own collection or something because you are polling a very strange list of games for this question IMO. Out of your list I might vote EBD but if MM was on there it would probably be MM. For your specific question, Funhouse is like absolutely the worst. Also LOTR and MET should be on the list IMO.

#12 1 year ago

Of the games in the poll I would say AFM, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned TWD.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Why isn't MM in the poll? Are you just polling for your own collection or something because you are polling a very strange list of games for this question IMO. Out of your list I might vote EBD but if MM was on there it would probably be MM. For your specific question, Funhouse is like absolutely the worst. Also LOTR and MET should be on the list IMO.

I wanted a game from every major manufacturer going back from the beginning of the SS era to now. Deep rulesets were out. This list was about games that are simple to explain but never easy to beat. I could only include 9 options in the poll so I want to hear what others think. They certainly don't have to be the games I listed, those are just the kind of games I like. I included AFM so I didn't feel it was necessary to include MM, since I personally prefer the former.

#14 1 year ago

Centaur. Period.

The perfect risk/reward game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Phoenixville, PA
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Greenwich, RI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Steamboat Springs, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 89.99
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside