(Topic ID: 169199)

Which solid state machine has the lowest ($) value?

By embryonjohn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16105951_1410357888994837_4527338146593317308_n (resized).jpg
    20161027_091233 (resized).jpg
    20161027_091100 (resized).jpg
    20161027_082140 (resized).jpg
    20161027_082057 (resized).jpg
    20161027_083737 (resized).jpg
    20161027_082153 (resized).jpg
    Raven alt trans (resized).jpg
    20161027_081908 (resized).jpg
    20161027_082435 (resized).jpg
    roy clark (resized).jpg
    20160422_085617.jpg
    20160422_085611.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    101_0605 (resized).jpg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

I don't know but I'd like to hear opinions

#2 7 years ago

This one can be had for a song.

101_0605 (resized).jpg101_0605 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I see Flash and Comet super low. Also World Cup and Galaxy

#4 7 years ago

Mr & Mrs Pacman

#5 7 years ago

Lower than this?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

Any Williams prior to Flash

#7 7 years ago

Time Warp's are usually cheap!

#8 7 years ago

Damn!
    Did they really make 6K of those?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Time Warp's are usually cheap!

But they usually go for more than what a Disco Fever brings.

#10 7 years ago

Fireball home edition

#11 7 years ago

Condition is king!

#12 7 years ago

At some point you reach a level where 4 working, parted out displays are worth more than the game...

#13 7 years ago

Street Fighter 2 or Raven

#14 7 years ago

Shit...
    Forgot about Raven

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Fireball home edition

Well, if we're including home machines, I saw a Zizzle pirates for $35 on craigslist. It's was on there for weeks.

#16 7 years ago

I think disco fever is winning so far. Raven and SFII can bring north of $700 each. $1200+ in the case of a restored SFII

#17 7 years ago

Gotta have a coin mech.
    Dems da rules

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Gotta have a coin mech.
    Dems da rules

MMr's out then.

#20 7 years ago

I got my Stars for $150 but it only had the lamp driver and rectifier board. It was missing the other two and a display. So I guess that's a project machine.

My Vacation America cost more than $500 but considering it was released in 2003 it may be the newest cheapest game around. It doesn't have a coin door but don't worry I'm going to fix that.

#21 7 years ago

Didn't know this was a thing

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#22 7 years ago

Roy Clark the Entertainer? It's a solid state with coin door.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Roy Clark the Entertainer? It's a solid state with coin door.

Most cocktail pins don't fetch a whole lot.

#25 7 years ago

Spring break

#26 7 years ago

Gottlieb Dragon goes super cheap.

#27 7 years ago

Poor Raven. The female Rambo gets no love.

#28 7 years ago

Jake you have a Stars ??!!
    I'm headed over right fckin now. Seriously been wanting to play one since you and Levi got everybodys dicks hard last week. Hell I've never even seen one.

#29 7 years ago

Seems like its whichever one I have for sale at the time...

#30 7 years ago

Projects should not be counted in this.

#31 7 years ago

Dolly Partons aren't exactly busting the market wide open.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dolly Partons aren't exactly busting the market wide open.

I see what you did there.

but seriously Dolly is kind of a fun game

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Seems like its whichever one I have for sale at the time...

Boy, you could certainly say that again

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Boy, you could certainly say that again

I still kind of feel bad about how hard it was for you to sell your Dyn-o-mite. I just wasn't in the market for a pin right then.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I still kind of feel bad about how hard it was for you to sell your Dyn-o-mite. I just wasn't in the market for a pin right then.

No worries. I learned my lesson--rare pins that nobody has played or heard of don't sell well, no matter how much I might like them for their unique qualities.

Someone who had a williams star light was having trouble selling, even though thete were only 100 made and it looked like a decent game.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone who had a williams star light was having trouble selling, even though thete were only 100 made and it looked like a decent game.

That someone be me.
    They all sell eventually so I just enjoy them while I have 'em, except Disco Fever.
    Then you're taking up the seat...

#37 7 years ago

Bally Hard Body

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This one can be had for a song.

Quoted from Cheddar:

I see Flash and Comet super low. Also World Cup

That feel when I have Comet, Flash, and World Cup (1978) all in a row next to each other.

I don't care what anybody says though, they're some of my favorite games for many different reasons. I think they should be worth more but I'm not complaining! I got them all for stellar deals (not because they're cheap, but rather like miracle deals) and my Comet is beautiful too on top of it. Thankful for that. It used to be that Williams was the early-SS leader before the Bally hype train massively increased and Fathom shot up on the cliche line. (I'm sure that view of pinball collector history differs from person to person). I like them both from that time period. The Williams have from that era are great in my opinion, regardless of price. Amazing classics.

#39 7 years ago

1. Time Warp
    2. Contact
    3. World Cup
    4. Tri Zone
    5. LaserBall
    6. Flash
    7. Lost World

I'd say the games above are really hard to sell these days. They are OFTEN sold for what the used boards and displays are worth.

The REST of the games mentioned in this thread are worth at least $500 fully working. Yes, even Raven!

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Fireball home edition

That's not really relevant. Neither are the Zizzle or Tomy pinball toys for that matter.

#41 7 years ago

1. Raven
    2. Roy Clark
    3. Dolly Parton

#42 7 years ago

Night Rider

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think disco fever is winning so far. Raven and SFII can bring north of $700 each. $1200+ in the case of a restored SFII

Restored? Average SF2 is 1k-1300 anymore. Shaq is in the same boat. I have seen non working shaqs bring 600 bucks. There really isn't anything cheap anymore and so prices keep creeping up even on the low end.

Raven 600-800 even a few years ago. Ugly translite, but number of people like the game. If memory serves even Kruzman is a fan.

#44 7 years ago

I had a hard time getting $800 for my refurbished Meteor and that game is awesome.

No one has mentioned the Atari games? Tough to get more than $300 for those.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

No one has mentioned the Atari games? Tough to get more than $300 for those.

Most of the time when they pop up, they aren't working. When they are working & shopped, I've seen them sell in the $600-$900 range.

#46 7 years ago

I see several mentions of Flash... I just don't see it on the same planet with most of these other titles. Many of the early games listed still had chimes and Flash has some of the coolest sound in all of pinball. I think there are a lot of cheapo ones because they got the crap played out of them.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from 7Warpig7:

I see several mentions of Flash... I just don't see it on the same planet with most of these other titles. Many of the early games listed still had chimes and Flash has some of the coolest sound in all of pinball. I think there are a lot of cheapo ones because they got the crap played out of them.

Can confirm, the reasons all the Flash playfields are so trashed is because they got played so damn much! I agree that it doesn't fit in with the rest. Personally, I'm keeping my playfield like that rather than bothering to find another one. Tells a story. Mine is straight from a warehouse (I assume) where it went after it was done operating back then, has the original rubbers and bulbs it seems. I love it. It's like a time capsule that hasn't been booted in a very very long time. I've owned it for almost 2 years already and I'm getting closer to finally repairing the boards and letting it see life again for the first time in a LONG time.

#48 7 years ago

1. Gottlieb "the games"
    2. Williams contact

#49 7 years ago

I tried to sell my decent Stern Lectronamo a little while back. Everything was rebuilt on it, and it worked. I had a really hard time getting rid of it even at $300. It sat, and sat, and sat... It was easier for me to sell a couple of beaten-to-hell EMs in the same amount of time.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I tried to sell my decent Stern Lectronamo a little while back. Everything was rebuilt on it, and it worked. I had a really hard time getting rid of it even at $300. It sat, and sat, and sat... It was easier for me to sell a couple of beaten-to-hell EMs in the same amount of time.

That surprises me. Between the art package and decent gameplay for the time (even though the rules were lacking), I've always heard folks express interest in it.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-solid-state-machine-has-the-lowest-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.