9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

Thinking of putting in a set of mirrors but there are a wide variety of prices and places selling them now. Looking for some input on where to buy!

#2 9 years ago

Hello…..Anyone out there?

#3 9 years ago

Pinballsidemirrors.com are the ones I use. I have 4 sets on my games. Installation is easy and fit and finish is great.

#4 9 years ago

What is the difference between the side mirrors and the side blades? Both sold by the same people.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Pinballsidemirrors.com are the ones I use. I have 4 sets on my games. Installation is easy and fit and finish is great.

This is where I bought my blades, and I'd agree 100%. They look great, and installation was a snap. Just wear gloves when you peel off the backing... unless you like "paper cuts" from sharp-ass glass all over your hands. I've learned my lesson. Dish gloves do just fine. Just don't barehand it. You'll be sorry.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from toro1966:

What is the difference between the side mirrors and the side blades? Both sold by the same people.

IIRC, the blades are not mirrored... or if they are, the effect is very minimal.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This is where I bought my blades, and I'd agree 100%. They look great, and installation was a snap. Just wear gloves when you peel off the backing... unless you like "paper cuts" from sharp-ass glass all over your hands. I've learned my lesson. Dish gloves do just fine. Just don't barehand it. You'll be sorry.

Been living on the edge for a while now (no gloves)....I think its becoming a challenge to see how many I can do without cutting the piss out of myself.

What I found to be helpfull is to line up the pivot hole for the back back box first, put the bolt back in but not too tight, then put a few of the small installation screws in, again, not too tight. Pull the protective covering off, then tighten down your screws/bolt.

I just bought another pair of these at Allentown. Picked up a pair for Bally/Williams and am going to try to install in my Capcom Airborne....will post as to how they fit.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from toro1966:

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

IIRC, the blades are not mirrored... or if they are, the effect is very minimal.

Sometimes blades have a cool raised tread pattern on them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

IMG_1404.JPGIMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPGIMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPGIMG_1445.JPG

#9 9 years ago

that's a cool idea for a T2. really works!

i've got mirrors from pinballsidemirrors.com and they're fantastic. highly recommended.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

that's a cool idea for a T2. really works!
    i've got mirrors from pinballsidemirrors.com and they're fantastic. highly recommended.

Totally agree that's a perfect fit for T2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-side-mirrors-are-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.